After a student steps out of their higher secondary level education, career choice turns out to be the game-changer for a student’s social and professional life. However, most students opt to have a career option under peer pressure. But, the career choice of the student must depend on how an individual wants to shape his/her career and contribute to society. Therefore, choosing the right career path is one of the most decisive parts of a student’s life after he/she completes Class 12th.
In today’s date, there are a plethora of career options. But for the students genuinely interested in subjects like Biology, Chemistry, and more, the medical field is a golden chest of opportunities. A medical professional is the most suitable career option that brings wealth, fame, and respect. Therefore, many Indian students choose to step into a medical career by joining the MBBS program across several universities.
Today tons of students dream to tailor a fruitful career in medicine. They opt for MBBS with a burning fire to become skilled doctors and lucrative salaries. However, MBBS in India in recent times has turned out to be one of the most hectic career options. Although being a developing country, India needs a constant supply of skilled medical professionals, the students have to face a storm of difficulties to get admission to the top medical universities. The best medical colleges offer limited seats and charge heavy donations for admission. For middle-class students, the financial barriers turn out to be a major hurdle. On top of that, most Indian MBBS universities have introduced an advanced selection framework to pick out only the meritorious students for admission. The average student thinks it’s pretty hard to get a seat in the MBBS colleges. Therefore, the majority of the Indian aspirants intend to study MBBS in foreign lands, where they can access quality education at affordable pricing.
When it comes to medical education, Georgia has always been the top choice of students. Georgia is one of the most sought-after destinations among medical aspirants globally. The country features some top-class universities that serve the students with premium research infrastructure, quality education mechanisms, and a diversified cultural experience. If an Indian candidate desires to pursue his/her medical career in the European countries, Georgia can be the ideal destination for all academic needs.
MBBS institutes in Georgia offer the best facilities for all medical aspirants. By joining the MBBS program in Georgia, the students can ensure to unlock the needed doors of opportunities in their career, and grab high-paying jobs in the future. Most universities in Georgia offer financial support for the students and the applicants can opt for a scholarship if they have 50% or above marks.
Among the top 15 universities for MBBS in the world, Georgia presents 3 premium institutes that are highly recommended by the leading medical bodies like WHO, UNESCO, NMC, and more. This small developed country between Asia and Europe accommodates the most premium universities that offer MBBS courses without burning a hole through the student’s pockets.
If you are curious to analyze different aspects of the country and know whether Georgia is the ideal option for you to study MBBS or not, scroll down to check all the details.
Georgia is situated in the interaction of Asia and Europe. It is a former Soviet republic of the Caucasus region of Eurasia. The country is bounded to the north by the Red Sea, west by the Black Seas, southeast by Azerbaijan, and the south by Turkey and Armenia. The capital and the largest city in Georgia is Tbilisi. The country has a unique and cultural heritage and is known for its cuisine and hospitality. The country is a hub of incredible history and unparalleled natural beauty. Georgia covers over 69,70 Km in the area and has a population of approximately 4.8 million. Georgia is one of the richest countries when it comes to quality education. It is a paradise of WHO-affiliated medical universities. Most students who want to tailor a career in medicine choose Georgia as their dream destination. MBBS in Georgia has some incredible benefits in comparison to other foreign countries like Ukraine, the Philippines, and more. Although Georgia is comparatively a new destination for MBBS for Indian candidates, with the most efficient education system the country has turned out to be the best when it comes to medical education.
So, if you are willing to join the top universities in Georgia, please make sure to read the complete articles and check the ins and outs of the country before making a career decision.
Medical Courses Offered In Top Universities Of Georgia
The best universities of Georgia offer four main medical courses the students can choose from. All these courses are delivered under expert faculties to ensure the students get the best learning experience. Here are the top four medical courses offered by the institutes of Georgia –
Duration Of MBBS Program In Georgia
Duration is one of the major factors for MBBS programs. The duration of the MBBS course differs with countries and universities. Countries like Philippine want the students to penetrate to the depth of medical knowledge and offer higher duration MBBS courses. While some countries want to deliver quick job opportunities to the students with the minimum duration of an MBBS course.
So, the duration of MBBS in the top universities of Georgia is pretty standard. The universities offer a high-optimized MBBS framework with 6 years duration. The complete duration of the MBBS program is divided into two parts, which are as follows –
Intakes For MBBS In Top MBBS Universities Of Georgia
Eminent Benefits Of Studying MBBS In Georgia
Here are the most prominent perks of pursuing MBBS from the top medical universities of Georgia –
Syllabus Of MBBS In Georgia
|1st||Introduction to Clinical Anatomy 1 Medical Chemistry Basics of Medical Biophysics Cytology Environmental Health Health Promotion Medical Informatics Sports Summer Practice Electives Embryology, Basic Histology Human Physiology Basics of Biochemistry Basic Microbiology Genetics Bioethics|
|2nd||Nervous System Respiratory System Molecular Biology Medical Microbiology Behavioural Science Cardiovascular System Digestive System Urogenital System Endocrine System and Skin Immunology Virology|
|3rd||Pathology (Anatomy) Pathology (Physiology) Physical Diagnostics – Propaedeutic General Surgery 7Roentgenology, Medical Radiology Pharmacology Research Skills Basics of Clinical Reasoning Clinical Skills (Basic)|
|4th||Surgery 1 /Clinical Skills 1Pediatrics Phtisiatry Obstetrics Urology, Nephrology Section C course Clinical Communication Skills Internal Medicine 1 /Clinical Skills 1 Neurology Medical Psychology Traumatology, Orthopedics Occupational Medicine Elective Course|
|5th||Surgery 2/ Clinical Skills 2Internal Medicine 2/ Clinical Skills 2Dermato-Venereology Epidemiology / Research Skills Haematology, Transfusiology Laboratory Medicine Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy Family Medicine Gynaecology Infectious Diseases Allergology and Clinical Immunology Endocrinology Oncology Elective Course|
Eligibility Criteria To Study MBBS In Georgia
If you are applying for the MBBS program in Georgia make sure to keep a few documents handy. These documents are extremely important for applying to the best universities. Here is the list of standard documents that the students mandatorily need to join MBBS in Georgia –
The students can easily join the MBBS program in the top Georgian Medical Universities. However, to reserve their seats, the aspirants need to meet some standard requirements. The eligibility criteria differ with the universities. However, here are some standard eligibility criteria for getting admission to the most premium medical institutions of Georgia –
- The student applying for MBBS in Georgia must be over 17-years of age as of 31st December of the respective year.
- He/she must have completed a higher secondary level of education with over 50% marks under a recognized education board. Students under OBC/SC/ST category need an aggregate mark of a minimum of 40% for admission.
- The student must have Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as the core subjects in class 12.
- If a student has completed a higher secondary level of education or any equivalent degree, he/she is applying for admission in the MBBS program in some selected universities of Georgia without appearing for NEET.
- In some universities, the applicants must mandatorily appear for the IELTS/TOEFL examination and clear it with shining marks. However, various universities select the students on an interview basis.
Admission Process In Top Universities Of Georgia
Why Studying MBBS In Georgia Is Worth It For Medical Aspirants?
MBBS is one of the dream career options for many students. Therefore, they deserve the best. However, in developing countries like India, the students have to face tons of problems in their careers due to the lack of seats and quality facilities at affordable prices. All the top universities of Georgia present the best facilities to complement the academic growth of the students. With a bag full of quality education services, the country tempts foreign students to join different medical institutes. Featuring the best medical universities in the world, Georgia has successfully grabbed the eyeballs of foreign aspirants. Each year thousands of Indian candidates migrate to the country to enjoy seamless education. Here are the top reasons to pick Georgia for MBBS –
Demerits Of Studying MBBS In Georgia
- Although there are hundreds of merits of pursuing a career in Georgia, there are few demerits too. Here are the most crucial demerits of studying MBBS in Georgian medical universities –
- As of now, there is no Indian embassy in Georgia, which means the Indian candidates will lack the support of the Indian government in case of any issues in the foreign lands.
- Georgia features an extreme climate, which is hard to adapt for the Indian candidates.
- The visa approval process for Georgia is pretty hectic and it includes a lot of documentation processes.
Important Things To Consider Before Applying For MBBS Program In Georgia
Here are the most crucial things to check or consider before applying in the Georgian medical institutes –
Career Options After Completion Of MBBS In Georgia
The students get access to limitless career opportunities after completing their MBBS course in the top medical colleges in Georgia. The degree holders from NMC approved colleges of Georgia the students have the following options –
PG Options For The MBBS Degree Holders From Georgia
The MBBS degree holders from Georgia can do the following –
- Move out to the UK to join the PG program by qualifying for the PLAB examination.
- Reach out to the best universities in the US and join them by qualifying for the USMLE exam.
- Travel to India to join the PG program by appearing for the NEXT exam.
- Join PG courses in top colleges of Germany.
- Practice in Australia after cracking the AMC exam.
Cost Of Studying MBBS In Georgia
Georgia is one of the most affordable destinations to get a quality education. If you are struggling to get a premium university with cost-effective prices, check out the list of top universities in Georgia. Although the cost of studying differs with the universities and the living standards of the students, the average cost of pursuing an MBBS in Georgia is much lower than in other countries.
Tuition Fees In Top Medical Universities Of Georgia
|Name of the University||1st-year cost in INR||2nd to 6th per year cost in INR||Total cost in INR|
|Tbilisi State Medical University||741000||607000||3776000|
|Batumi Shota Rustaveli University||611000||520000||3401000|
|Caucasus International University, Tbilisi.||611000||520000||3401000|
Hostel and Accommodation Facilities In Georgia
If students shift to the foreign borders for tailoring a good career. So, when they come to Georgia for MBBS, they can be stress-free about the accommodation and hostel facilities. As the government takes special care of the foreign students. The universities introduce lodging facilities for both male and female students. Here are the services included in most hostels and mess of Georgia –
- Hygienic rooms with joint washrooms and proper ventilation.
- Option of single or shared rooms.
- All essential electronic goods like TV, refrigerators, computers, and more.
- 24*7 water and electricity supply.
- Free wifi service for all students.
- Canteen offering the best quality food, including multiple cuisine options.
- Housekeeping, laundry, and other essential facilities.
- 24*7 warden support in case of any issues
Financial Support For Studying MBBS In Georgia
The Georgian government is one of the most dynamic and active bodies to ensure quality support to the foreign students coming to the country to pursue their careers. The Ministry supervises the complete education system and all medical universities of the country. The top universities in Georgia offer exclusive scholarship programs to wipe out the burden of financial issues from the shoulders of the meritorious students. Students with at least 50% marks can apply for these special medical scholarships. However, the education loan facility is also available for financially weak students. Performing some simple documentation work the students can easily get a quick education loan to continue their studies in Georgia.
Top Medical Universities In Georgia
Here is the list of top NMC approved universities of Georgia offering MBBS courses –
Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
The Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University is one of the most popular and oldest universities in Georgia. It is famous for its cultural heritage and wonders in the world of medicine. The university was founded in 1963, formed with a small bunch of students. Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University is currently one of the top choices of the students for pursuing MBBS. Here are the key features of the Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University –
- BSRU is one of the leading medical universities globally.
- It offers an incredibly well-designed MBBS program under top-notch faculties.
- Over 250 research professors teach the students and help them reach the apex of growth.
- It stresses scientific research-based medical education.
- BSRSU is recognized by all the major medical bodies of the world like WHO, FAIMER, NMC, and more.
New Vision University
New Vision University, Georgia presents a complete package of all the academic essentials. The university as the name suggests is on a mission to offer students quality education at low prices. It is comparatively new in the education world established in 2013 but its teaching staff and efficient facilities make it one of the top in Georgia. Here are the most promising features of the university –
- Although the university is newly formed, with quality education facilities it has grabbed the eyeballs of the students globally.
- The sole aim of the university is to lead the race of innovation in the medical field.
- It aims to generate economic stability and acceleration by supplying educational values.
- The university treats every MBBS student equally.
- Its biggest goal is to build an English-speaking culture to elevate diversity and multicultural population.
- New Vision University introduces over 400 professors and the most experienced faculty.
Akaki Tsereteli State University
Akaki Tsereteli State University is one of the most prominent names in the world of medicine. If you are struggling to get quality MBBS learnings at the most cost-effective pricing, Akaki Tsereteli State University can be the ideal location for you. The university was founded in 1930 and presently it has over 1000 Indian students pursuing MBBS. Akaki Tsereteli State University ranks 8524 globally. Here are the top features of the Akaki Tsereteli State University –
- Akaki Tsereteli State University is supervised by a government body of the Georgian federation.
- The university presents a world-class teaching staff and excellent infrastructure.
- Akaki Tsereteli State University offers the most advanced medical equipment and technology to teach the students.
- The foreign students have a separate department.
David Tvildiani Medical University
David Tvildiani Medical University also known as DTMU offers the most premium MBBS course in Georgia. It is one of the most prestigious institutions owned by the government. Located in the beautiful city of Tbilisi, the DTMU was established in 1990. Here are the top features of David Tvildiani Medical University –
- The university is affiliated with major medical bodies like MCI, WHO, USMLE, UNESCO, and more.
- David Tvildiani Medical University offers no language barrier.
- It has an extensive library of the best and latest study materials, research papers, and other important academic stuff.
- With its special coaching, the students are guaranteed to clear USMLE, MCI, and more.
- David Tvildiani Medical University is a hub of skilled teachers and experienced medical faculty.
- The university ranks 9951 worldwide and 23 within the country.
Georgia has a bag full of universities. However, the European University with years of excellence in the field of medicine ranks higher in the list. With a country rank of 41 and a global rank of 11481, the university is one of the top choices of international candidates. The European University was established in 1995 in Georgia and for over 25 years it is serving students with a top-notch education. Here are the most attractive features of the European University –
- The university functions on the European education framework.
- It offers an extremely affordable fee structure for MBBS.
- It imparts the most premium quality education in the medical world.
- European University comprises well-trained and highly enriching faculty to guide the aspirants.
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University is one of the most popular Georgian universities. It’s an ancient university in Georgia established in 1918. Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University has an academic size of over 3500. It is the best MBBS university in Georgia with a country rank of 1 and a world rank of 2726. Here are the perks of studying MBBS in Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University –
- The university hosts over 3000 insanely talented and educated professors to handhold the students to success.
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University divides 8 branches, 81 research labs, and 3 scientific organizations.
- It features a fully furnished library with over 3650000 academic items.
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University introduces a highly affordable fee structure.
Caucasus International University
Caucasus International University is a for-profit medical university situated in Tbilisi, Georgia. It was established in 1995 with the sole aim to impart quality knowledge to medical aspirants to transform them into efficient professionals. Caucasus International University has a world rank of 9749, while it has a country rank of 12. Here are the most important features of the Caucasus International University –
- The university is recognized by WHO, MCI, ECFMG, FAIMER, WFME, and more.
- It offers nine types of medical programs including MBBS and more.
- All the programs are executed in the English language to eliminate the language barrier.
- Students do not need to sit for the IELTS exam for admission.
- The education mechanism is advanced and the university features modern lab facilities.
Tbilisi State Medical University
With a country rank of 6, the Tbilisi State Medical University is one of the most prominent medical institutes in Georgia. The university was established in 1918 and was earlier titled “Tbilisi State University”. However later after 85 years is was renamed. Till date, the university has produced over 4000 successful doctors and 1000 associate professors. Here are the most prominent perks of studying MBBS at Tbilisi State Medical University –
- The university is approved by major medical bodies like WHO, UNESCO, MCI, WFME, the European Commission of education, and more.
- It is the oldest medical institute in Georgia and the most valued university for MBBS.
- Tbilisi State Medical University is presently the largest government medical institution in Georgia.
- The complete MBBS program is effective and transparent to allow the students to enjoy a seamless education experience.
- Tbilisi State Medical University has a wide network with all the reputed hospitals and clinics in Georgia.
East European University
East European University is a private medical institution in Georgia founded in 2012. The university was led with the main goal to offer quality standards medical education to students globally. It has a country rank of 30 and a world rank of 11558 among the top medical universities. Here are the key features of East European University –
- East European University offers top-notch education to students globally.
- It offers effective financial aid with scholarship programs.
- East European University is approved by MCI, WHO, FAIMER, and more.
- East European University presents an extremely affordable fee structure with loan facilities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which are the top medical universities in Georgia for studying MBBS?
According to the success rate and enrollment rates for the last few years, the top universities in Georgia for MBBS are – Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, and more.
What is the age limit of studying MBBS in Georgia?
The students who want to take admission in the top colleges of Georgia to pursue MBBS must be within the age bracket of 17 to 25 years.
What is the cost of studying MBBS in top institutes in Georgia?
The total cost to pursue MBBS in Georgia depends on various factors like – the university, living standards, and more. While the standard tuition fee in top universities ranges from Rs. 18,00,000 to Rs. 48,00,000.
|University Name||Established Year||Eligibility||NEET Score||Tuition Fee||Hostel Fees||Population||Country Rank||World Rank||Location|
|Akaki Tsereteli State University||1933||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||4100 USD||1200 USD||147,635||9||8813||Kutaisi|
|Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University||1945||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||4000 USD||1200 USD||152,839||6||7923||Batumi|
|David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia||1991||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||4100 USD||1000 USD||1,062,282||36||11731||Tbilisi|
|David Tvildiani Medical University||1991||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||8000 USD||1500 USD||1,062,282||19||10478||Tbilisi|
|East Europeon University, Georgia||2012||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||5000 USD||1200 USD||1,062,282||35||11698||Tbilisi|
|European University||1195||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||4800 USD||1000 USD||1,062,282||32||11513||Tbilisi|
|Georgian American University, georgia||2005||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||4980 USD||1200 USD||1,062,282||24||11003||Tbilisi|
|Georgian National University, Georgia||2001||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||5500 USD||1200 USD||1,062,282||25||11035||Tbilisi|
|Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University||1918||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||7000 USD||1100 USD||1,062,282||2||3445||Tbilisi|
|LLC Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia||1995||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||5500 USD||1200 USD||1,062,282||21||10590||Tbilisi|
|LTD Caucasus University, Tibilisi, Georgia||2004||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||7900 USD||1200 USD||1,062,282||7||8122||Tbilisi|
|New Vision University, Georgia||2013||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||6500 USD||1200 USD||1,062,282||18||10407||Tbilisi|
|Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy||1992||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||6000 USD||1100 USD||1,062,282||29||11294||Tbilisi|
|Tbilisi Medical University "Hippocrates"||2003||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||7155 USD||1200 USD||1,062,282||NA||NA||Tbilisi|
|Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia||2002||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||4500 USD||1000 USD||1,062,282||41||12036||Tbilisi|
|Grigol Robakidze University,Tbilisi||1992||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||4500 USD||1200 USD||1,062,282||23||10775||Tbilisi|
|Tbilisi State Medical University||1930||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||8000 USD||1400 USD||1,062,282||8||8356||Tbilisi|
|Teaching University Geomedi, Georgia||1998||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||4000 USD||1500 USD||1,062,282||37||11886||Tbilisi|
|University of Georgia||2005||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||6000 USD||1200 USD||1,062,282||5||7405||Tbilisi|
|BAU International University, Batumi||2015||HSC QUALIFIED||NEET QUALIFIED||6500 USD||1500 USD||152,839||NA||NA||Batumi|