Why MBBS in Romania?
MBBS in Romania – Study in best WHO MCI approved medical university in Romania for Indian students at a low cost! Softamo is a trusted MBBS consultant in India that is an official university representative and offers direct admission to the best medical colleges in the world. Romanian medical universities provide quality education to students. It is a top choice to study MBBS abroad. We provide expert guidance for admission in MBBS in Romania, Study VISA, MCI coaching, application processing assistance, and much more.
Is studying medicine in Romania good?
Romani is a beautiful country to study MBBS abroad. Thousands of students travel across the globe to get medical admissions here. The benefits of studying MBBS in Romania are as follows:
- Lower tuition fees compared to other countries.
- Good education facilities along with hostel facilities to Indian students.
- Smooth Study VISA and admission process without any complications and hassle.
- Quality infrastructure and modern equipment.
- Availability of English medium of teaching.
Eligibility for Taking MBBS Admission in Romania 2023
- The applicant should be 17 years of age before December of the applying year or Max 25 years of age.
- Complete 10+2 boards with Min 60 percent having Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and English as main subjects.
- For SC/ST/OBC, the percentage is min 45% to apply for admission in Romania.
- Cleared NEET Exam with a score of 130-150.
- Proof of paying capacity by parents.
How much does it cost to study medicine in Romania?
|University Name||Established Year||Tuition Fee||Hostel Fees||Population||Country Rank||World Rank||Location|
|“GR. T. POPA” University Of Medicine and Pharmacy, Lasi||1879||5700 USD||2000 USD||7,94,000||32||6223||Lași|
|“Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara||1948||6800 USD||2000 USD||3,06,000||24||5783||Timişoara|
|The University of Medicine and Pharmacy “IULIU HATIEGANU”,CLUJ-NAPOCA||1872||7000 USD||2000 USD||7,07,000||17||4915||Cluj-Napoca|
|University of Medicine and Pharmacy||1857||4000 USD||2000 USD||2,94,000||Na||Na||Craivo|
|University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila”||1903||6800 USD||2000 USD||18,03,000||25||6154||Bucharest|
|University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Timisoara||NA||Na||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|University of Oradea||1991||6000 USD||2000 USD||2,02,000||30||3211||Oradea|
Scholarships Offered by Romanian Medical Universities to International StudentsThis makes 2,70,000 Lakhs to 4,10,000 lakhs for the MBBS tuition fee in Romania. The accommodation can cost anywhere around Rs8000 to 10000 per year for university hostel. Private accommodation can cost higher depending upon the location in Romania.
A set of documents of the students are submitted to concerned authorities and those who successfully earn a scholarship are entitled to the following:
- Free Tuition fees for the rest of the course.
- 50-56 USD per month (MBBS students are usually entitled to 56 USD/month but is subjected to changes)
Documents Needed To Study in Romania for Indian students
The following documents are required to be translated in any language: English, French, Romanian, or Germany. These are acceptable by the universities. Make sure you translate them with a copy of the original.
- Birth certificate
- Self- attested copies of school leaving certificate, mark sheet, passing certificate of Secondary School
- Fitness/medical certificate in localized in English, French, Romanian, or Germany
- University Invitation Letter
- Proof of University Tuition Fee Receipt
- Criminal record certificate or any other document of the same value.
- Medical insurance copy.
- Valid passport
- Proof of sufficient fund support by parents i.e. min 2500 Euros approx.
- Letter of acceptance from the Romanian Ministry of education;
- White background clear passport size photographs (10)
Recognition of Medical Universities in Romania
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Medical Council of all the European Countries
- The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- European Council of Medical Orders(ECMO)
- United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- Medical Council of all the African Countries
- British Medical Council (BMC)
- European Association for Dental Education DEE
- General Dental Council, United Kingdom GDC, UK
- Listed by the ECFMG
- The Medical Council of all the Asian and Middle East Countries
Top MCI MBBS Universities in Romania 2023
- “GR. T. POPA” University Of Medicine and Pharmacy, Last
- “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara
- The University of Medicine and Pharmacy “IULIU HATIEGANU”,CLUJ-NAPOCA (Iuliu Hațieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy)
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila”
- University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Timisoara
- University of Oradea
Duration of MBBS Program In Romania
Like all the popular European countries Romania too offers an MBBS program with 6 years duration. The program comprises five years of medical study and one year of internship. During this internship, the students master the practical handling of real-life scenarios. When a student joins an internship in the most premium hospitals or clinics of Romania, they get the chance to work under skilled doctors and know how to deal with patients. This develops their overall framework as a doctor.
Admission Process for MBBS in Romania
The admission process in the top universities of Romania is simple. However, before applying to any university the student must do their homework. They must check all the aspects including the expenses, affiliation, quality of education offered, and more. Follow these simple steps to apply to your desired medical university of Romania –
Step 1 – Visit the official website of the university and fill up the application form. Make sure to submit accurate details and print out a copy of the filled application form for future reference.
Step 2 – Wait for 7 to 8 days to know the status of your application.
Step 3 – Once your application is verified and approved grab your admission letter and apply for a visa to Romania.
Step 4 – After getting your visa book your flight tickets as per the schedule provided by the university.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Azerbaijan
- The visa process is comparatively more difficult than in most countries like Russia or the USA.
- Indian mess facilities may not be available in some universities.
- There is less enrollment in the Romanian universities of Indian candidates in comparison to other countries.
- Although the MBBS program in the top universities of Romania is pretty affordable, yet many countries like Russia, Ukraine, and more offer more cost-effective medical programs availing premium education.
- No extra coaching facility for MCI screening test.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is MBBS in Romania a good option?
Romania is one of the most sought-after destinations for medical aspirants. The country hosts the best medical universities in the world. The most beautiful and safest environment is a tempting option for international candidates. The country offers a highly sophisticated MBBS curriculum to produce the best doctors and medical professionals in the world.
Is NEET required for MBBS in Romania?
Yes, the medical aspirants must have cleared their NEET examination with good scores to get seats in the top universities of Romania. While, they must also have scored above 50% in Class 12th with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as their core subjects.
Is MBBS from Romania valued in other countries like India?
The MBBS degree from Romania possesses a worldwide value. It is recognized by all the leading medical bodies like UNESCO, FAIMER, WHO NMC, and more. Therefore, degree holders can explore new opportunities in any country. However, all the Indian MBBS degree holders passing from the top universities of Romania need to clear the National Medical Commission Screening Test to get registered as practicing doctors within the country.
Which are the best medical universities in Romania?
Romania is a hub of medical universities offering quality education. Here is the list of the top three medical universities of Romania offering MBBS programs –
- Carol Davila University of Medicine & Pharmacy.
- Victor Babes University of Medicine & Pharmacy, Timișoara.
Grigore T Popa University of Medicine & Pharmacy.
What is the total cost of studying MBBS in Romania?
Calculating the total cost of MBBS in Romania is pretty difficult as it includes multiple factors like personal expenses, food expenses, and more. So, it depends on the requirements of the students. However, the average tuition fee of most reputed universities in Romania varies between 4500 Euros to 5000 Euros per year.