Is Ukraine MBBS Valid in India?
India has about 70000 medical seats which include government medical colleges and private universities. Over 10 lakh students appear for the exam every year of admission. 50% seats are from private medical colleges which charge around Rs 50 lakh to Rs 1 crore whereas medical colleges abroad charge 15-25 lakhs. Ukraine is amongst the top 3 countries for MBBS abroad for Indian students. Doing MBBS abroad is good but the main question arises Is MBBS in Ukraine is valid in India? In this post, we share your insights.
Ukraine MBBS Degree – Does It Have Any Value in India?
Before further telling you anything, one of the best medical universities of Ukraine, Taras Schevchenko National University of Kyiv is ranked in the range of 411-420 of the QS World University Rankings. Whereas India’s best medical college AIIMS is ranked in the range of 700-800. Thus, having a greater valued education compared to Indian medical universities.
Yes, the Ukrainian MBBS degree has value in India. Graduates who have completed their degree with a good percentage and knowledge usually make it to acquire an eligibility certificate in India. Compared to other countries like Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, Russia, China, etc, Ukraine has better chances of successfully clearing the FMGE exam, mandatory exams for students from the foreign university who wish to practice medicine in India.
Career Prospects for Graduates of MBBS in Ukraine
Students who have graduated from Ukraine university are eligible for Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE). It is the Medical Council of India Screening Test. It is compulsory to give this licensing exam by the students who have done MBBS from a foreign university which is approved by MCI. The list of universities are as follows:
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy
- I.Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM, Kyiv
- National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya
- O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University
- Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University, Ukraine
- Sumy State University, Sumy
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
- Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy Poltava, Ukraine
- Uzhhorod National University, Ukraine
- V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Zaporizhzhia State Medical University