Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, founded in 1784, is a prestigious and historic university located in Lviv, Ukraine. This university is well-known for its high-quality medical education and has a long history of excellence. It is also one of the oldest universities in Ukraine and is known for attracting students from all over the world, including neighboring countries like India.
The university is named after King Daniel of Galicia, who founded the city of Lviv in 1256 AD. Over the years, the university has undergone several name changes, including Lviv State Medical Institute, Faculty of Medicine of the John Casimir University, and Faculty of Medicine of the Francis I University.
The LNMU offers a wide range of medical courses and is approved by various regulatory bodies, including the National Medical Commission, the World Health Organization, and the central government of Ukraine. This means that students who graduate from LNMU are recognized and valued worldwide.
The university has a rich history of providing high-quality medical education to students. It all began with the opening of the Medical Faculty of Lviv University in 1784, which was done in accordance with the privilege of the Austrian emperor Josef II. Since then, the university has grown and expanded to become one of the largest medical universities in Ukraine.
Check Your Eligibility
One of the reasons for LNMU’s popularity is its excellent faculty. The university has a highly qualified and experienced teaching staff that includes professors, associate professors, and doctors. These experts use innovative teaching methods and the latest technologies to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of their subjects.
The university also has a strong research focus, and its faculty members regularly conduct research in various medical fields. This research not only contributes to the advancement of medical knowledge but also provides students with opportunities to participate in research projects and gain practical experience.
In 2009, the university celebrated its 225th anniversary, which is a testament to its long and successful history. Today, LNMU continues to attract students from all over the world, and its graduates are highly sought after in the medical field.
Affiliations and Recognitions of Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University for Indian Students
- National Medical Commission (NMC): The National Medical Commission (NMC) is the regulatory body for medical education in India. It is responsible for ensuring that medical education in India meets the required standards. Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is recognized by the NMC, which means that Indian students who graduate from this university are eligible to take the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) in India. This exam is mandatory for Indian students who have obtained a medical degree from a foreign university and want to practice medicine in India.
- World Health Organization (WHO): The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is recognized by the WHO, which means that Indian students who graduate from this university are eligible to take the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) and the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) exam in the United Kingdom. These exams are required for Indian students who want to pursue further medical education or practice medicine in the US or the UK.
- European Medical Council (EMC): The European Medical Council (EMC) is a non-profit organization that aims to promote high standards of medical education in Europe. Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is recognized by the EMC, which means that Indian students who graduate from this university are eligible to practice medicine in Europe.
- Medical Council of India (MCI): The Medical Council of India (MCI) is a statutory body that regulates medical education in India. Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is recognized by the MCI, which means that Indian students who graduate from this university are eligible to practice medicine in India.
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED): The International Medical Education Directory (IMED) is an online database of international medical schools recognized by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is listed in the IMED, which means that Indian students who graduate from this university are eligible to take the USMLE and the PLAB exam.
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER): The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) is a non-profit organization that promotes excellence in international medical education. Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is recognized by FAIMER, which means that Indian students who graduate from this university are eligible to take the USMLE and the PLAB exam.
- Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE): The Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE) is an organization that promotes cooperation and collaboration among medical schools in Europe. Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is a member of the AMSE, which is a recognition of the university’s commitment to providing high-quality medical education.
- Quality of Education: Danylo Halystk Medical University is known for providing high-quality education in the medical field. The university has experienced faculty members who are well-versed in their respective fields. The teaching staff is proficient in English, making it easier for international students to understand and communicate with them.
- Well-Equipped Infrastructure: The university has well-equipped infrastructure with modern facilities, including well-equipped laboratories, libraries, classrooms, and computer labs. The campus is also equipped with the latest technology, making it a great place for students to learn and grow.
- International Environment: Danylo Halystk Medical University is a multicultural university that welcomes students from all over the world. Indian students studying at the university get an opportunity to interact and learn from students from different countries, making it a great place to gain a global perspective.
- Worldwide Acceptance: An MBBS degree from Danylo Halystk Medical University is recognized and accepted worldwide. This opens up opportunities for Indian students to pursue a medical career in different parts of the world.
- Enriching Activities: The university provides a wide range of facilities to students, including sports, arts, and social activities. This allows students to pursue their hobbies and interests, helping them to balance their academic and personal life.
- Research Laboratories: Danylo Halystk Medical University has research laboratories to meet the basic education needs of students. Students get an opportunity to work on research projects, gaining practical experience in their field.
- Medium of Teaching: The medium of teaching at Danylo Halystk Medical University is English. This makes it easier for Indian students to understand and communicate with faculty members and other students.
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University Overview
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is one of the oldest and most renowned medical institutions in Ukraine. It is named after the famous Ukrainian doctor and scientist, Danylo Halytsky, who was a pioneer in the field of surgery in Ukraine.
The university was founded in 1784 and is located in the beautiful city of Lviv, which is known for its rich cultural heritage and historical landmarks. The university has a long and proud tradition of providing high-quality medical education to students from all over the world.
The university offers undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate medical programs in a wide range of specialties, including general medicine, pediatrics, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing. The courses are taught in Ukrainian, English, and Russian languages, which makes it easier for international students to study here.
The faculty of the university is highly qualified and experienced, and they use modern teaching methods and technologies to provide a comprehensive education to the students. The university has a strong research focus and is involved in various national and international research projects.
The university has a well-developed infrastructure, which includes modern classrooms, laboratories, and libraries, as well as a well-equipped hospital where students can gain practical experience in their field. The university also has partnerships with various medical institutions and universities across the globe, which provides students with the opportunity to gain international exposure and experience.
The university places a strong emphasis on practical training, and students are given ample opportunities to gain hands-on experience in their field. The university has collaborations with various hospitals and medical institutions across Ukraine, where students can undertake internships and clinical rotations.
The university has a vibrant student community, with students from different parts of the world coming together to learn and share their experiences. The university has various student clubs and organizations, which provide students with opportunities to participate in extracurricular activities and engage in social and cultural events.
In addition to its academic programs, the university also offers various support services to students, including accommodation, visa assistance, and health insurance. The university has a dedicated international student office, which helps international students with their admission and other administrative procedures.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University for Indian Students
- Outstanding international resources originating from principal countries: The Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University boasts a diverse student body, with students from over 50 different countries. This means that Indian students will be exposed to a wide range of cultures and perspectives, which can enrich their overall educational experience. Furthermore, the university has partnerships and collaborations with several leading medical institutions and universities around the world, including those in the United States, Canada, and Europe. This provides students with access to a wealth of international resources and opportunities that can enhance their learning and career prospects.
- Cold and temperate climate throughout the year: The climate in Lviv, where the university is located, is generally cold and temperate throughout the year. This can be a significant advantage for Indian students who may be used to hot and humid weather conditions. Cold weather can also have health benefits, such as boosting the immune system and reducing the risk of certain illnesses. Moreover, the change in climate can offer a refreshing break from the hot and humid weather in India.
- High probability of permanent residency and settlement in Russia: After completing their MBBS at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Indian students have a high probability of obtaining permanent residency and settling in Russia. This is because the university is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO). As a result, Indian students who complete their MBBS at the university are eligible to take the MCI screening test and practice medicine in India. Additionally, the university has a strong alumni network, which can help students secure job opportunities and settle in Russia.
- Access to Indian cuisine: Indian students studying at the Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University can take comfort in knowing that all their favorite Indian dishes are available on campus. This can be a significant advantage for those who may struggle with homesickness or find it challenging to adjust to a new cuisine. Having access to familiar food can help students feel more at home and can be an essential aspect of their overall well-being.
- Modernized, scientific, teaching laboratory base: The university is equipped with a modernized, scientific teaching laboratory base, which enables students to study and research various subjects. The laboratory facilities are up-to-date with the latest technologies and equipment, providing students with a hands-on learning experience. This can be particularly beneficial for Indian students who may not have access to the same level of technology and resources in their home country. The laboratory facilities also ensure that students are adequately prepared to meet the demands of the healthcare industry and become competent medical professionals.
Duration of MBBS in Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
The MBBS program at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University has a duration of 6 years. During these six years, students will undergo a comprehensive medical education that covers all essential areas of medicine, including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, microbiology, and clinical medicine. The program is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to become competent medical professionals capable of providing high-quality healthcare services. Lviv National Medical University is recognized globally for its excellent medical education and state-of-the-art facilities, making it a top choice for students seeking a comprehensive medical education.
Fee Structure for MBBS in Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University for Indian Students
|Year||Fee (in USD)|
The fee structure for the MBBS program at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University for Indian students is uniform throughout the six-year course. The annual fee for each year is $4900, making the total tuition fee for the entire program $29,400. This table clearly outlines the fees for each year, providing a straightforward view of the total cost of the course.
Global Ranking of Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is a well-known medical university located in Lviv, Ukraine. As of 2023-24, it holds a rank of 12 among all universities in Ukraine, making it one of the top universities in the country for medical education. However, on a global scale, the university ranks at 3551, indicating that while it is a reputable institution in Ukraine, it may not be as well-known or recognized in other parts of the world. It is important to note that university rankings are subjective and can vary based on the methodology used by different ranking organizations.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University for Indian Students
- Age Requirement: The student must have completed the age of 17 years or shall complete 17 years before the year of admission. This means that the student must have been born before or in the year 2006 to be eligible for admission in the year 2023.
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have completed 10+2 (or equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) as mandatory subjects. The minimum aggregate marks required for admission are 50% for general category students and 40% for reserved category students.
- NEET Exam Qualification: In addition to the academic qualification, the student must have qualified in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) with the minimum required percentile as set by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Language Proficiency: The medium of instruction for the MBBS program at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is English. Therefore, the student must have a good command of the English language, both in written and spoken form.
- Documents: The student must have all the necessary documents such as the mark sheet of 10+2, NEET scorecard, passport, and other relevant documents required for admission.
- Medical Fitness: The student must be medically fit to pursue the MBBS program. This involves submitting a medical fitness certificate from a certified medical practitioner.
- Visa Requirements: Indian students must obtain a student visa to study in Ukraine. The student must meet all the requirements set by the Ukrainian embassy to obtain the visa.
- Other Requirements: Apart from the above eligibility criteria, the university may have additional requirements for admission, such as an entrance exam or an interview.
Faculties of Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
- General Medicine: The General Medicine faculty is one of the most popular and prestigious faculties at the university. The program is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to diagnose, treat and prevent a wide range of medical conditions. The curriculum includes courses in anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, pathology, microbiology, and many other related subjects. Students are also required to complete clinical rotations in various medical specialties, including surgery, obstetrics, gynecology, pediatrics, and others.
- Fundamental and Applied Chemistry: The Fundamental and Applied Chemistry faculty is dedicated to the study of chemistry and its practical applications. The program focuses on teaching students the fundamental principles of chemistry, including organic and inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, analytical chemistry, and biochemistry. Students are also trained in the use of various laboratory techniques, including spectroscopy, chromatography, and other analytical methods. Graduates of this program can pursue careers in fields such as pharmaceuticals, chemical engineering, materials science, and environmental science.
- Medical and Preventive Health: The Medical and Preventive Health faculty is responsible for training students to become qualified public health professionals. The program aims to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of health promotion and disease prevention strategies. The curriculum includes courses in epidemiology, biostatistics, health policy, environmental health, and other related subjects. Graduates of this program can pursue careers in a variety of public health settings, including government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and healthcare institutions.
- Pharmacy: The Pharmacy faculty at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University offers a comprehensive program in pharmacy education. The program is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical sciences, including pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutics, and pharmacognosy. Students are also trained in various aspects of pharmacy practice, including drug therapy management, patient counseling, and pharmaceutical care. Graduates of this program can pursue careers in community pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and regulatory agencies.
Admission procedure for MBBS in Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University for Indian Students
Step 1: Fill the application form The first step to get admission in Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is to fill the application form available on the university’s official website. The application form requires basic personal and academic details of the candidate.
Step 2: Submit a copy of international passport or ID card The candidate should submit a copy of their international passport or ID card that is valid for a minimum of two years. The copy should be clear and legible.
Step 3: Submit a copy of Higher Secondary School Certificate The candidate should submit a copy of their Higher Secondary School Certificate, which includes details of the subjects studied. The certificate should be attested by the concerned authority and translated into English if it is in any other language.
Step 4: Submit a copy of School Certificate The candidate should also submit a copy of their School Certificate, which proves that they have completed their secondary education. The certificate should also be attested and translated if it is in any other language.
Step 5: Pay for Invitation and Courier charges The candidate needs to pay 400 US$ as an invitation fee and 100 US$ as courier charges. Once the payment is received, the university will send the original confirmation letter and visa letter to the candidate through courier.
Step 6: Receive Confirmation Letter and Visa Letter After the university receives all the essential documents and payment, they will send the original confirmation letter and visa letter to the candidate through courier. The confirmation letter confirms the candidate’s admission to the university, and the visa letter helps the candidate to apply for a student visa.
Step 7: Apply for Visa The final step is to apply for a student visa from the Embassy of Ukraine in India. The candidate needs to submit the original confirmation letter, visa letter, and other necessary documents to the Embassy to obtain the student visa. The candidate can then travel to Ukraine to join the university.v
Syllabus of MBBS in Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University for Indian Students
|2nd||Anatomy and Histology|
|2nd||3rd||Histology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, General Pathology|
|4th||Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology|
|3rd||5th||Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology|
|6th||Pathology, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology, Genetics|
|4th-6th||7th-12th||General Surgery, Neurology, Primary Care Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, ENT, Emergency Medicine, and Cardiology|
The curriculum for a medical degree is extensive and requires students to learn a wide range of subjects over the course of several years. In this particular curriculum, students will spend four years studying a variety of topics, including anatomy, histology, biochemistry, physiology, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and more.
During their first year, students will focus primarily on anatomy. In their first semester, they will study basic anatomy, learning about the structure and function of various parts of the human body. In the second semester, they will continue to study anatomy, but will also begin to learn about histology, which is the study of the microscopic structure of tissues and organs.
In their second year, students will continue to study histology, but will also begin to delve deeper into other subjects. In their third semester, they will study histology, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, cell biology, microbiology, and general pathology. This is a busy semester, as students will be learning about a variety of topics at once. In their fourth semester, they will focus on biochemistry, microbiology, and physiology.
During their third year, students will begin to focus more on the clinical aspects of medicine. They will take courses in pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, and pathophysiology. These courses will teach them about disease processes, the mechanisms behind how drugs work, and how the body responds to illness.
In their sixth semester, they will also take a course in genetics, which will help them understand the genetic basis of certain diseases and how to approach them in a clinical setting.
During the fourth through sixth years of their medical degree, students will take a variety of courses that will prepare them for their future careers as physicians. These courses will cover a wide range of topics, including general surgery, neurology, primary care medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, internal medicine, pediatrics, neurology and psychiatry, psychology, ENT, emergency medicine, and cardiology.
These courses will be taught in a variety of settings, including lectures, small group discussions, and clinical rotations. During clinical rotations, students will have the opportunity to work directly with patients and apply the knowledge they have learned in the classroom to real-world situations.
Documents Required for MBBS in Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University for Indian Students
HSC and SSC Mark sheets:
Indian students who wish to study MBBS at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University must provide their Higher Secondary School (HSC) and Secondary School (SSC) mark sheets. These mark sheets should include the grades obtained in all subjects studied at the secondary and higher secondary levels. These documents should be translated into English and notarized by a competent authority.
As per the regulations set by the Medical Council of India (MCI), Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS from a foreign university must qualify the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). Thus, Indian students seeking admission to Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University must provide their NEET result as proof of their eligibility for the program.
Indian students seeking admission to Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University must have a valid passport. They must provide a copy of the passport as part of the application process. The passport should be valid for at least six months from the date of application.
Passport size photos:
Indian students seeking admission to Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University must provide passport size photographs. The photographs should be recent, clear, and have a white background. The photographs should be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera.
Hostel and Accommodation Available in Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
- Fully Furnished Hostel Rooms: The hostel rooms at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University are fully furnished and available on a sharing basis. Each room is allotted to 2-3 students, which helps in maintaining a comfortable living environment. The rooms also have attached bathrooms, which ensures privacy and convenience for the students.
- Separate Wings for Boys and Girls: To ensure safety and security, the hostel has separate wings for boys and girls. This helps in maintaining discipline and order in the hostel, and provides a comfortable living environment for students of both genders.
- Round-the-Clock Internet Facility: In today’s digital age, access to the internet is crucial for students. The hostel at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University provides round-the-clock internet facility to its students. This helps students to stay connected with their family and friends, and also allows them to access study material and other online resources.
- 24×7 High Standard of Security: Safety and security of students is of utmost importance to the university. The hostel has a 24×7 high standard of security system in place, which includes CCTV cameras, security guards, and other safety measures. This ensures that students can live in a safe and secure environment, without any worries or concerns.
- Grocery Shops: To meet the daily needs of students, the hostel has grocery shops located within its premises. These shops provide a wide range of food items and other essential commodities, which students can purchase as per their requirements.
- Gymnasium: The hostel also has a gymnasium, which is equipped with modern equipment and facilities. This helps students to stay fit and healthy, and also provides a much-needed break from their busy academic schedule.
- Laundry: The hostel also has laundry facilities, which allow students to wash and dry their clothes without any hassle. This is a convenient facility, which saves students the time and effort of washing their clothes themselves.
Why MBBS in Ukraine for Indian Students?
- Affordable Tuition Fees: One of the primary reasons why Indian students choose to study MBBS in Ukraine is the low tuition fees. Compared to the fees charged by Indian medical colleges, the tuition fees in Ukraine are much more affordable. Additionally, the cost of living in Ukraine is also comparatively low, making it a cost-effective option for students.
- Recognized Medical Universities: The medical universities in Ukraine are recognized by various international organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO), UNESCO, and the Medical Council of India (MCI). This means that Indian students who graduate from a medical university in Ukraine are eligible to appear for the screening test conducted by the MCI and practice medicine in India.
- Quality Education: The medical universities in Ukraine offer a high standard of education with state-of-the-art infrastructure and modern teaching methods. The curriculum is designed to be practical and hands-on, allowing students to gain valuable experience in clinical settings.
- English as the Medium of Instruction: Most of the medical universities in Ukraine offer courses in English, which is a significant advantage for Indian students who are fluent in the language. This eliminates the need for students to learn a new language and enables them to focus on their studies.
- Safe and Secure Environment: Ukraine is a safe country with a low crime rate, making it an ideal destination for Indian students who are concerned about their safety. The universities also provide a secure environment with 24-hour security and CCTV surveillance.
- Cultural Diversity: Ukraine is a multicultural country with a diverse population. Indian students who choose to study MBBS in Ukraine will have the opportunity to interact with students from different countries and learn about their cultures.
- Internationally Recognized Degrees: A degree in medicine from a Ukrainian university is recognized globally, opening up opportunities for Indian students to practice medicine in countries other than India. The curriculum is designed to meet international standards, giving students a competitive edge in the global job market.
- Availability of Hostels: Most of the medical universities in Ukraine offer hostel facilities to students, ensuring that they have a comfortable and safe place to stay during their studies. The hostels are equipped with modern amenities and are located close to the universities, making it convenient for students to attend classes.
- Easy Admission Process: The admission process for medical universities in Ukraine is straightforward, and students do not have to appear for any entrance exams. Students are required to submit their academic transcripts and other necessary documents, and their admission is based on merit.
- Opportunities for Research: Medical universities in Ukraine offer opportunities for students to participate in research projects and gain valuable experience. This can be beneficial for students who wish to pursue higher studies or work in research-oriented fields.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Ukraine for Indian Students
- Low Cost of Education: Ukraine offers MBBS courses at a very reasonable cost compared to other countries like the USA, UK, or Australia. The tuition fee for an MBBS course in Ukraine is significantly lower than in these countries, making it an affordable option for Indian students.
- Recognized Universities: The Medical Council of India (MCI) recognizes several universities in Ukraine. Therefore, students who graduate from these universities are eligible to sit for the MCI screening test, which is required to practice medicine in India.
- Globally Recognized Degrees: Ukraine has a high reputation for providing quality medical education. The MBBS degrees awarded by Ukrainian universities are globally recognized and accepted. Graduates of Ukrainian universities are eligible to work in various countries, including the UK, USA, and Australia.
- English Medium of Instruction: Most Ukrainian universities offer MBBS courses in English, making it easier for Indian students to study and understand the subject. This eliminates the need for students to learn a new language before pursuing their medical studies.
- Advanced Teaching Methodologies: Ukrainian universities use modern and advanced teaching methodologies that incorporate clinical exposure, practical training, and interactive sessions. Students get hands-on experience, which helps them understand the concepts better.
- International Student Community: Ukraine attracts a large number of international students, creating a multicultural and diverse environment. Indian students studying MBBS in Ukraine can interact with students from different countries, learn about different cultures, and broaden their knowledge.
- Excellent Infrastructure: Ukrainian universities have excellent infrastructure, including well-equipped classrooms, modern laboratories, and state-of-the-art medical facilities. The practical training provided by these universities is of the highest quality.
- Safe and Secure Environment: Ukraine is a safe and secure country with a low crime rate. International students are welcomed and well-protected in Ukraine. The universities take care of the safety and well-being of their students, providing them with a comfortable living environment.
- Affordable Living Costs: The cost of living in Ukraine is significantly lower than in other European countries. This makes it easier for Indian students to manage their expenses, as they can live comfortably without having to spend too much money.
- Cultural Experience: Studying MBBS in Ukraine gives Indian students an opportunity to experience Ukrainian culture and customs. They can explore the country’s rich history and tradition, visit historical sites and monuments, and participate in cultural events and festivals.
What is Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, and where is it located?
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is one of the oldest and most prestigious medical universities in Ukraine. It was founded in 1784 and is located in the city of Lviv, which is in western Ukraine.
Is Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)?
Yes, Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), which means Indian students who graduate from this university are eligible to take the MCI screening test and practice medicine in India.
What is the duration of the MBBS course at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University?
The MBBS course at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is of six years, including one year of internship.
What is the medium of instruction at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University?
The medium of instruction at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is English, which makes it easy for international students to study and communicate with their peers and professors.
What is the eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply for MBBS at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University?
Indian students who have completed their 10+2 education with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are eligible to apply for MBBS at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University.
What is the admission process for Indian students at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University?
The admission process for Indian students at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University involves filling out an application form and submitting it along with the required documents, including mark sheets, passport, and a medical certificate. The university conducts a screening test, and based on the results, the selected students are offered admission.
What are the fees for MBBS at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University?
The fees for MBBS at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University are affordable compared to Indian private medical colleges, and the total cost of six years of education, including accommodation, food, and other expenses, is approximately 25-30 lakh INR.
What are the hostel facilities available for Indian students at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University?
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University provides separate hostels for male and female students, and the hostels are equipped with all necessary facilities, including internet, recreation rooms, and laundry services.
What is the climate like in Lviv, Ukraine?
Lviv has a moderate continental climate with four distinct seasons, and the temperature ranges from -8°C in winter to 20°C in summer.
What is the scope of employment for Indian students after completing MBBS from Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University?
Indian students who complete their MBBS from Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University can practice medicine in India after passing the MCI screening test. They can also apply for jobs in other countries and pursue higher education, such as a master’s or a doctoral degree in medicine.
How is the quality of education at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University?
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University has a reputation for providing high-quality medical education with a strong emphasis on practical training. The university has a modern infrastructure, state-of-the-art laboratories, and experienced faculty members who use innovative teaching methods to ensure that students receive the best possible education.
What is the language of communication in Ukraine outside the university campus?
Ukrainian is the official language of Ukraine, and it is widely spoken outside the university campus. However, most people in Lviv also speak English, especially those who work in the tourism industry.
Is it safe for Indian students to study in Lviv, Ukraine?
Lviv is a safe city, and Indian students studying at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University do not face any significant security threats. However, it is always advisable to exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings.
What is the cultural environment like in Lviv, Ukraine?
Lviv has a rich cultural heritage, and it is known for its historic architecture, vibrant nightlife, and traditional cuisine. The city has a diverse population, and international students can expect to experience a multicultural environment.
Are Indian students eligible for scholarships at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University?
Yes, Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University offers scholarships to international students, including Indian students. The scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and financial need.
What is the availability of Indian food in Lviv, Ukraine?
Lviv has a large Indian community, and Indian students can easily find Indian restaurants and grocery stores that sell Indian food and spices.
What is the process for obtaining a student visa for Ukraine?
Indian students who have been accepted into Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University need to apply for a student visa at the Ukrainian embassy in India. The visa application process usually takes 2-4 weeks, and the student needs to provide documents such as a passport, admission letter, and proof of financial resources.
What are the career prospects for Indian students after completing MBBS from Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University?
Indian students who graduate from Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University can pursue a career in various fields of medicine, including clinical practice, research, public health, and teaching. They can also explore opportunities for postgraduate studies in medicine in India or abroad.
Does Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University offer any international exchange programs for students?
Yes, Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University offers international exchange programs for students, which provide them with the opportunity to study in other countries and gain exposure to different medical practices and cultures.
How can Indian students deal with the language barrier in Ukraine?
While the medium of instruction at Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is English, Indian students may face a language barrier outside the university campus. Learning basic Ukrainian or Russian phrases can help students communicate better with the local people. Additionally, the university has a dedicated department that provides language training and support to international students.