Why Indian Students Prefer China for MBBS?
Every student needs to make a crucial decision after completing his school to pave the way to a successful career. Most of the students either choose to step into the engineering field or medical field. The students who decide to pursue a career as a medical professional must study MBBS.
MBBS is one of the most sought-after career options for students in India. Each year more than 15 lakh students appear for the NEET examination, with the burning determination to qualify for admission in top medical universities.
In India, the doctor-patient ratio is around 1:1700. Therefore, India has an adequate shortage of efficient doctors to serve the nation. This opens a hub of opportunities for the students who want to tailor a successful medical field career. Each year tons of Indian candidates from India migrate to China to pursue MBBS courses.
China is the largest manufacturer and No. 1 foreign exchange in the world. The country also secures a great rank in education. It has set up tons of universities in the field of engineering, medicine, and others. China is the ideal destination for those students who desire to enter the medical field. China is one of the most well-known destinations to study MBBS. There are tons of reasons why Indian students prefer China for MBBS?
Why Study MBBS in China?
China, one of the most influential countries worldwide, has designed an efficient education system to help students blend out the maximum academic output. Here is why each year, tons of Indian students shifts to China for pursuing MBBS –
- Affordable MBBS Programs: China defines the true meaning of affordability in education. Most of the top-rated Chinese Medical colleges are owned by the government. Therefore, studying medicine in China saves the students from the heavy financial burdens of tuition fees and other education charges. China presents the most cost-effective fee structure for the students. The overall cost of the MBBS course in the reputable MBBS institutions in China is around 20 lakhs, which is almost 2/3 of the MBBS cost in India. The living charges, food, and other expenses are much lower and affordable for international students.
- Excellent Education System: China is one of the most premium destinations for MBBS aspirants. The country, with its top-rated medical universities, sets a new standard of education. China presents an outstanding opportunity to the MBBS aspirants to burnish their academic excellence. MBBS in China is The Chinese government continually engages to ensure quality education facilities to the students, to help them frame a mind-boggling future. All the Chinese Medical Institutes consist of highly trained expert faculties that present world-class education to the MBBS pursuers. The top medical universities stress building the most efficient medical professionals in China. The students get a handsome opportunity to participate in one-on-one sessions, which helps them clear their doubts and develop a firm grip on the medical subjects.
- Worldwide Recognition: The MBBS programs of all premium medical universities in China are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI). They are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), UNESCO and listed in the Directory of World Medical Schools. The students with MBBS degree from China find worldwide exposure to weave an incredible career. All the degree holders can attend all medical screening tests, including MCI, PLAB, PMDC, AMC, HPCSA, and many more.
- Well-equipped Infrastructure: China is one of the most modern countries, powered by efficient technology. Studying medicine in China can be a boon for aspirants. The Chinese government efficiently designs and maintains every medical institute to present the students with world-class infrastructure, highly experienced faculties, and the latest technology. All the universities are well-equipped with modern medical equipment and other facilities.
- Guidance for FMGE: Studying MBBS in China helps the students with countless opportunities in the medical fields. The medical universities of China efficiently guide the MBBS aspirants to crack the MCI Screening test or FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduation Examination). Every MBBS degree holder must mandatorily pass this examination to start practicing as a doctor in India. The Chinese medical schools give special assistance to Indian students to help them yield the best outcomes in FMGE. With the learnings from highly qualified teachers of China, the passing rate in FMGE of the graduates from China is much stiffer than the students coming from other countries.
- Diversified Learning Environment: All the government-affiliated medical institutes in China offer a diverse community of students, which presents exposure to various cultures worldwide. Its dynamic learning environment helps students collaborate and work as a team to achieve success in the medical field. The medical classes combine students from different regions around the world. Therefore, the Indian aspirants get a global exposure that polishes their skills and learnings. This significantly helps the students develop a deeper understanding of new cultures and adopt new self-development measures.
- English is the Primary Language of Instruction – The main medium of instruction in China’s medical universities is English. However, every student must mandatorily learn the Chinese language during the course of their MBBS program.
- Excellent Transportation Facilities and Security: China is one of the world’s safest countries. The country stresses protecting the citizens. The Chinese government imposes strict laws to decrease the crime rates and ensure the safety of Indian students. The government ensures to present the international students with the safest studying environment and campus life.
- Colorful and beneficial campus life: China has a perfect mix of seasons. Therefore, the seasons vary with locations. Each Medical University sketches the new beauty of seasons. Students can enjoy years of their incredible campus life and explore the country on vacations. They can learn about the magnificent Chinese culture. They are introduced to various Chinese customs and interact with the local people, which helps them develop excellent communication skills.
- Stresses Practical Learning: The Chinese Medical schools stress practical learning to help the students develop firm knowledge about the field. The students are guided by professional and highly qualified doctors and undergo practical training sessions from affiliated medical centers.
- Excellent Internship Opportunities: China is one of the most developed countries in the world. It includes a heap of renowned hospitals and medical clinics. All the medical institutions in China collaborate with these hospitals to present the students with incredible internship opportunities. It provides the students with promising opportunities to work under expert doctors to learn and develop skills through efficient practices.
Top Medical Universities In China
- XI’AN JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY
- SICHUAN UNIVERSITY
- TONGJI UNIVERSITY
- JILIN UNIVERSITY
- NANJING MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- SOUTHERN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- SOUTHWEST MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- JINAN UNIVERSITY
- HARBIN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
MBBS Program Duration
- The duration of MBBS in China may vary with different medical schools. Typically, the MBBS tenure ranges from 5 to 6 years, including 1 year of internship.
Eligibility Criteria to Study Medicine in China
There are some eligibility criteria the MBBS aspirants must satisfy to get admission to the top medical universities in China, which are as follows –
- The aspirants must have cleared their 10+2 examination from CBSE/ISC or any equivalent board of education.
- They must have scored at least 50% aggregate marks with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as the main subjects.
- The applicants must be minimum of 17 years old. The upper limit of age is 26 years to apply for an MBBS course in China.
- All the Indian students must mandatorily qualify in NEET.
- The students must have a nationality certificate.
Admission Process for MBBS in China
- The MBBS aspirants who satisfy the eligibility criteria can directly apply to the top-notch medical schools of China. The students can fill up the application form with the necessary details and documents. Once the application is verified, the students must clear the admission fees. The students then get an invitation letter from the respective university. The joining and traveling dates are provided by the university accordingly.
Studying medicine in China is a golden opportunity for medical aspirants. The country, with its affordable MBBS fee structure, adorable climate, secure environment, high standards of education, helps the students to tailor a glorious future.