The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) is a private university located in Las Piñas, Metro Manila, Philippines. It was founded in 1975 by Dr. Jose G. Tamayo and his wife, Dr. Josefina Laperal Tamayo, as Perpetual Help College of Rizal. Over the years, the institution has expanded and developed into a multi-campus university system that offers a wide range of academic programs and services.
UPHSD offers undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate programs in various fields such as medicine, nursing, allied health, education, business, engineering, architecture, arts and sciences, and law. The university is also known for its strong programs in maritime education, criminology, and hospitality management. In addition, UPHSD offers distance education programs for students who are unable to attend regular classes on campus.
The university has a diverse student population, with students from different parts of the Philippines and from other countries such as India, Nigeria, and South Korea. UPHSD is committed to providing a nurturing and inclusive learning environment that supports the holistic development of its students. The university also offers various student services and activities to promote student welfare and engagement, such as student organizations, sports clubs, and cultural events.
Check Your Eligibility
One of the notable features of UPHSD is its state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure. The university has modern classrooms, laboratories, and libraries that are equipped with the latest technology and resources. It also has specialized facilities for specific programs, such as a simulation center for nursing and medical students, a ship simulator for maritime students, and a hotel and restaurant for hospitality management students.
Another strength of UPHSD is its faculty, who are highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields. The university employs a mix of full-time and part-time faculty members, many of whom hold advanced degrees and have extensive industry experience. UPHSD also has a strong research culture, with faculty members actively engaged in research and scholarly activities.
UPHSD is accredited by various organizations, including the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA), and the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU). The university is also a member of various national and international organizations, such as the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
UPHSD has produced many successful graduates who have made significant contributions to their respective fields. Its alumni include notable personalities such as former Philippine President Benigno Aquino III, Senator Francis Pangilinan, and journalist Karen Davila.
Affiliations and Recognitions of University of Perpetual Help System DALTA
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED): The CHED is the regulatory body for higher education in the Philippines. Recognizing the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA indicates that the institution meets the government’s standards and provides quality education to its students.
- World Health Organization (WHO): As a United Nations agency responsible for promoting global public health, WHO recognizes the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA. This recognition highlights the institution’s commitment to adhering to WHO guidelines and promoting global health.
- Medical Board of California (MBC): The MBC is the regulatory body for medical practitioners in California, USA. Recognizing the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA allows the institution’s graduates to apply for a license to practice medicine in California, affirming the quality of education provided by the college and the competency of its graduates.
- Association of Philippine Medical Colleges (APMC): The APMC is a national organization of medical colleges in the Philippines. Recognizing the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA as a member indicates that the institution meets APMC’s standards and is committed to providing quality medical education in the country.
- Medical Council of India (MCI): The MCI is the regulatory body for medical education in India. Recognizing the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA allows Indian students who graduate from the institution to apply for a license to practice medicine in India, affirming the quality of education provided by the institution and the competency of its graduates.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG): The ECFMG is a non-profit organization that evaluates the qualifications of international medical graduates. Recognizing the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA allows the institution’s graduates to apply for residency programs and practice medicine in the USA, affirming the quality of education provided by the institution and the competency of its graduates.
- International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE): The INQAAHE is a global organization that promotes quality assurance in higher education. Recognizing the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA as a member indicates that the institution is committed to providing quality medical education and adheres to INQAAHE’s guidelines.
- Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA): The PACUCOA is a national organization that accredits higher education programs in the Philippines. Accrediting the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA’s Doctor of Medicine program ensures that the institution’s Doctor of Medicine program meets the standards set by PACUCOA and provides quality medical education in the Philippines.
- Asian Medical Students’ Association (AMSA): The AMSA is an international organization for medical students. The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is a member of AMSA, providing students with opportunities for networking and collaboration with other medical students from around the world.
- Philippine Association of Medical Colleges-Student Network (PAMC-SN): The PAMC-SN is a national organization of medical college student councils in the Philippines. The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is a member of PAMC-SN, allowing the institution’s student council to participate in activities and events with other medical students across the country.
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL): The ASAIHL is a regional organization of universities and colleges in Southeast Asia.
- Philippine Association of Medical Schools-Research Network (PAMS-RN): UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA is a member of PAMS-RN, a national network of medical schools focused on research in the Philippines, which allows the institution to collaborate with other medical schools in the country on research projects and initiatives.
- Philippine Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (PSBMB): UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA is a member of PSBMB, a national organization focused on promoting the advancement of biochemistry and molecular biology in the Philippines, which provides opportunities for collaboration and networking with other professionals in the field.
- Philippine Society for Microbiology (PSM): UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA is a member of PSM, a national organization focused on promoting the advancement of microbiology in the Philippines, which provides opportunities for collaboration and networking with other professionals in the field.
- Philippine Pharmacists Association (PPhA): UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA is a member of PPhA, a national organization focused on promoting the advancement of pharmacy in the Philippines, which provides opportunities for collaboration and networking with other professionals in the field.
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA): UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA is a member of NCAA, a national organization that governs collegiate sports in the Philippines, which allows the institution’s student-athletes to compete in NCAA events and competitions.
- Southern Luzon Colleges and Universities Athletic Association (SLCUAA): UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA is a member of SLCUAA, a regional organization that governs collegiate sports in Southern Luzon, Philippines, which allows the institution’s student-athletes to compete in SLCUAA events and competitions.
- Federation of Philippine Colleges of Medicine (FPCMed): UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA is a member of FPCMed, a national organization of medical colleges in the Philippines that aims to promote the advancement of medical education in the country and ensure that medical education meets global standards.
- Philippine Association of Medical Education-Student Network (PAMET-SN): UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP SYSTEM DALTA is a member of PAMET-SN, a national organization of medical college student councils in the Philippines, which allows the institution’s student council to participate in activities and events with other medical students across the country.
Why MBBS in University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) Philippines for Indian Students?
- No donation required: Unlike many medical colleges in India, UPHSD does not require students to pay any donation for admission. This makes it an affordable option for students from lower-income families.
- Top-notch campus hospital: UPHSD has a well-equipped hospital on campus that provides students with the opportunity to gain practical experience in a real-world setting. This can be a significant advantage when it comes to applying for jobs or post-graduate studies.
- Low fees: The cost of education at UPHSD is significantly lower than in India. This makes it an excellent option for students who may not be able to afford the high cost of medical education in India.
- Fully furnished hostel: For the convenience of students, UPHSD provides fully furnished hostels on campus. This ensures that students have a safe and comfortable living environment during their studies.
- 24-hour Wi-Fi: UPHSD provides round-the-clock Wi-Fi access to its students. This is essential in today’s digital age where students need to stay connected and have access to online resources for their studies.
- 24-hour library: The university library is open 24 hours a day, providing students with access to a wide range of books and journals. This is essential for students who need to do extensive research for their studies.
- No entrance exam: UPHSD does not require students to take an entrance exam for admission. This can be a significant advantage for students who may not perform well in exams or have limited time to prepare for them.
- Indian food: The canteens at UPHSD serve a variety of Indian dishes, ensuring that students feel at home and have access to food that they are familiar with.
- Ranked fourth in the Philippines: UPHSD is ranked fourth in the Philippines education system, making it a reputable institution for students to pursue their medical education.
- English medium: The medium of instruction at UPHSD is English, which is also the official language of the Philippines. This is a significant advantage for Indian students who are already proficient in the language.
- Awards for excellence: UPHSD has received several awards for its excellent education from the Philippines Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA). This is a testament to the quality of education provided by the institution.
- Affiliated medical centres: UPHSD is affiliated with more than seven medical centers, providing students with access to a wide range of clinical facilities for their practical training.
- Campus facilities: The UPHSD campus has all the necessary facilities, including a library, classrooms, auditoriums, and dormitories. Modern amenities like ventilation, heating, air conditioning, and internet systems are also provided to ensure students’ comfort.
- Guidance centre: UPHSD has a guidance center that provides students with counseling and support services to ensure their academic success.
Job fair: UPHSD organizes job fairs for students to help them find employment opportunities after graduation. This ensures that students are well-prepared for the job market and have a smooth transition into their careers.
University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Overview
University of Perpetual Help System Dalta (UPHSD) is a private university in the Philippines established in 1975. It is a member of the Perpetual Help System, a network of schools and universities founded by Dr. Antonio Tamayo, Sr. The university is located in Las Piñas City, Metro Manila, and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in different fields of study, with a focus on healthcare and allied sciences.
One of the notable features of UPHSD is its strong emphasis on healthcare education. The university offers programs in Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, and other allied health courses. The university is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) of India and the World Health Organization (WHO), which indicates the quality of education and training provided by the university.
To be eligible for admission to UPHSD’s Medicine program, applicants must have a minimum of 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their 12th-grade examinations. In addition, they must have a valid NEET score, which is a mandatory requirement for admission to medical colleges in India. However, the university does not require applicants to take IELTS or TOEFL tests as a measure of English proficiency, as the medium of instruction in the university is English.
The Medicine program at UPHSD is a 5.5-year course that includes a one-year internship in affiliated hospitals. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in basic sciences and clinical practice, with an emphasis on community-oriented healthcare. The university has a modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities, including a well-equipped anatomy lab, simulation labs, and a hospital that serves as a training ground for students.
Apart from Medicine, UPHSD also offers undergraduate and graduate programs in other fields of study, such as Business Administration, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, and Law. The university has a diverse student population, with students from different parts of the world, including India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Africa, and the Middle East.
UPHSD also offers various services and facilities to support students’ academic and personal growth. The university has a well-stocked library, student center, sports facilities, and student organizations that provide opportunities for students to develop their leadership and social skills. The university also offers scholarships and financial assistance to deserving students, based on academic merit and financial need.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta for Indian Students
- High-Quality Education: UPHSD has a reputation for providing high-quality education and training to students. The MBBS program is taught by experienced and qualified faculty members who use modern teaching techniques to help students learn effectively. The curriculum is designed to meet international standards and is regularly updated to keep up with the latest developments in the medical field.
- World-Class Facilities: UPHSD has world-class facilities that provide students with the best learning experience. The university has modern classrooms, laboratories, and simulation centers equipped with the latest technology. The library has a vast collection of medical books and journals that students can access to enhance their knowledge.
- Affordability: Studying MBBS at UPHSD is more affordable compared to other countries. The cost of living in the Philippines is also lower compared to other countries, making it a great option for Indian students who want to study MBBS abroad but are on a budget.
- English Language: English is the medium of instruction at UPHSD. This means that Indian students who are fluent in English will have no trouble understanding the lessons and communicating with their professors and fellow students.
- Hands-On Training: UPHSD offers hands-on training to MBBS students, which is essential in the medical field. Students have access to modern equipment and facilities where they can practice and enhance their skills. They also have the opportunity to participate in clinical rotations at the university’s partner hospitals.
- Global Exposure: UPHSD has a diverse student community, with students from different countries and cultures. Indian students who study at UPHSD can benefit from the global exposure and learn about different cultures and perspectives. This exposure can also help them in their future careers, as they may have to work with patients from different parts of the world.
- Good Career Prospects: UPHSD MBBS graduates have good career prospects, both in the Philippines and abroad. The university has partnerships with top hospitals and medical institutions in the Philippines and other countries, which can help graduates secure job opportunities after graduation.
- Recognition: UPHSD is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO). This means that Indian students who graduate from UPHSD can apply for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) conducted by the MCI to practice medicine in India
Duration of MBBS in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta for Indian Students
University Of Perpetual Help System Dalta is a popular educational institution among Indian students for pursuing an MBBS degree. The duration of the MBBS program at the university is six and a half years, which includes a pre-medical course, an MD course, and a one-year internship.
Here are some key points about the MBBS program duration for Indian students at the University Of Perpetual Help System Data:
- The six-year MBBS program is designed to provide Indian students with comprehensive medical education and training.
- The pre-medical course, which lasts for one year, is aimed at preparing students for the MD course.
- The 54 months MD course is focused on developing students’ theoretical and practical knowledge of medicine.
- The one-year internship provides students with hands-on training and experience in a clinical setting.
- Upon completing the program, Indian students are eligible to take the Medical Council of India Screening Test, which allows them to practice medicine in India.
- The University Of Perpetual Help System Dalta is recognized by the World Health Organization, the Medical Council of India, and other international medical bodies.
- The institution has a reputation for producing skilled and competent medical graduates who are practicing medicine in different parts of the world.
Faculties in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) is a private educational institution in the Philippines that offers various undergraduate and graduate programs. Among these programs are the faculties of Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, Dentistry, and Biology. In this article, we will delve deeper into each of these faculties and their respective courses.
The Medicine program in UPHSD is one of the most popular courses offered by the university. It is a six-year program that aims to prepare students for a career in medicine, focusing on the principles and practices of disease prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. The program includes classroom lectures, laboratory exercises, and clinical training, allowing students to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to become competent physicians.
The Nursing program in UPHSD is a four-year course that prepares students for a career in the healthcare industry. The program focuses on providing students with the knowledge and skills needed to care for patients, including assessing and diagnosing health conditions, administering medications, and providing patient education. Students also undergo clinical training in various healthcare facilities to gain hands-on experience in patient care.
The Midwifery program in UPHSD is a three-year course that aims to prepare students for a career in maternal and child healthcare. The program focuses on providing students with the knowledge and skills needed to care for pregnant women, including prenatal care, delivery, and postnatal care. Students also undergo clinical training in various healthcare facilities to gain hands-on experience in maternal and child healthcare.
The Dentistry program in UPHSD is a five-year course that aims to prepare students for a career in dentistry. The program focuses on providing students with the knowledge and skills needed to diagnose and treat oral health conditions, including performing dental procedures and surgeries. Students also undergo clinical training in various dental clinics to gain hands-on experience in dental care.
The Biology program in UPHSD is a four-year course that aims to provide students with a broad understanding of the biological sciences. The program includes courses in various fields of biology, including genetics, ecology, and microbiology. Students also undergo laboratory exercises to develop their research skills and gain hands-on experience in scientific experimentation.
Fees Structure for MBBS in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines for Indian Students
|Year/Program||Duration||Fees (in Philippines Pesos)|
|B.S. Pre-Medicine||1.5 years||450,000|
|MD Year I||1 year||450,000|
|MD Year II||1 year||250,000|
|MD Year III||1 year||200,000|
|MD Year IV||1 year||200,000|
|MD Year V (1 Semester) + Internship (1 year)||As per govt. regulations||–|
The table above shows the fees structure for MBBS program in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines for Indian Students. The program is divided into six years of study, which includes 1.5 years of B.S. Pre-Medicine and five years of MD (Doctor of Medicine) program.
The first year of the MD program is equivalent to the second year of MBBS in India. It costs 450,000 Philippines Pesos, which is the same as the fees for the B.S. Pre-Medicine program. The second year of the MD program costs 250,000 Philippines Pesos, while the third and fourth years cost 200,000 Philippines Pesos each.
The fifth year of the program is divided into two parts – the first semester and the internship. The fees for this year are not specified in the table and are subject to government regulations.
It is important to note that the fees mentioned in the table are in Philippines Pesos and may vary depending on the exchange rate. Additionally, the fees do not include other expenses such as accommodation, food, transportation, and textbooks.
Global Ranking of University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines
|University of Perpetual Help System DALTA||37||10492|
These rankings are based on various factors, including academic performance, research output, and reputation among peers. It is important to note that rankings can vary depending on the methodology used and the criteria evaluated. Nonetheless, these rankings provide an indication of the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA’s standing in the Philippines and the world in terms of its academic and research contributions.
Affiliated Hospitals of University of Perpetual Help DALTA
|Affiliated Hospital||University of Perpetual Help Medical Center DALTA|
|Health Centers||Bacoor Health Centers in coordination with the Municipality of Bacoor|
|Philippine General Hospital Psychiatry Department|
|St. Bernard Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)|
|Loretto Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)|
|Holly Cross Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)|
|R.M.L. Chicago Specialty Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)|
|Norwegian American Hospital (Chicago, Illinois)|
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA has several affiliated health centers that provide medical services to the community. These include the Bacoor Health Centers, which are in coordination with the Municipality of Bacoor, and the Philippine General Hospital Psychiatry Department. Additionally, there are several hospitals in Chicago, Illinois, that are affiliated with the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, including St. Bernard Hospital, Loretto Hospital, Holly Cross Hospital, R.M.L. Chicago Specialty Hospital, and Norwegian American Hospital.
- The University of Perpetual Help Medical Center DALTA is a tertiary hospital that provides quality healthcare services to the public. The hospital has state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, highly skilled medical professionals, and a wide range of medical services. The hospital’s goal is to provide affordable and accessible healthcare to the community.
- The Bacoor Health Centers are part of the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA’s efforts to bring healthcare services closer to the community. The health centers offer various services, including consultations, laboratory tests, and vaccinations. The health centers also provide health education programs to promote preventive health measures.
- The Philippine General Hospital Psychiatry Department is one of the country’s leading psychiatric hospitals. The department offers a wide range of psychiatric services, including consultation, medication management, and psychotherapy. The department also conducts research and training programs to improve mental healthcare in the country.
- St. Bernard Hospital is a community-based hospital in Chicago that provides quality healthcare services to the underserved community. The hospital has state-of-the-art facilities and equipment and highly skilled medical professionals. The hospital’s goal is to provide accessible and affordable healthcare services to the community.
- Loretto Hospital is a non-profit hospital in Chicago that provides healthcare services to the community. The hospital has a wide range of medical services, including emergency care, surgery, and radiology. The hospital’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community.
- Holly Cross Hospital is a Catholic hospital in Chicago that provides quality healthcare services to the community. The hospital has a wide range of medical services, including emergency care, surgery, and radiology. The hospital’s mission is to provide compassionate care to the community.
- R.M.L. Chicago Specialty Hospital is a specialty hospital in Chicago that provides medical services to patients with complex medical conditions. The hospital has a team of highly skilled medical professionals and state-of-the-art equipment to provide specialized medical care.
- Norwegian American Hospital is a community-based hospital in Chicago that provides quality healthcare services to the community. The hospital has a wide range of medical services, including emergency care, surgery, and radiology. The hospital’s goal is to provide accessible and affordable healthcare services to the community.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines for Indian Students
- Age: The minimum age to apply for an MBBS program at UPHSD is 17 years. Applicants should not be older than 25 years at the time of admission.
- Educational Qualification: Indian students who have completed their 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects are eligible to apply for the MBBS program at UPHSD. The minimum percentage required in these subjects is 50%.
- NEET Score: All Indian students must have a valid NEET scorecard to apply for admission to UPHSD. The scorecard should be no older than one year at the time of admission.
- English Proficiency: UPHSD requires all Indian students to have a good command of the English language. Applicants should have a minimum score of 50% in English in their 10+2 examination or should have a valid IELTS or TOEFL scorecard.
- Health Checkup: Before applying, all Indian students must undergo a health checkup and obtain a certificate from a registered medical practitioner stating that they are physically and mentally fit to pursue the MBBS program.
- Visa Requirements: Indian students must obtain a student visa to study at UPHSD. They can apply for a student visa at the Embassy of the Philippines in India. Students should also ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months from the date of their expected arrival in the Philippines.
- Application Process: Indian students can apply for admission to UPHSD by filling out the online application form available on the university’s website. They must also submit their academic transcripts, NEET scorecard, English proficiency test scorecard, and health certificate along with the application form.
- Tuition Fees and Scholarships: The tuition fees for the MBBS program at UPHSD are reasonable compared to other universities offering the same program. Indian students can also apply for scholarships offered by the university to reduce the financial burden of studying abroad.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines for Indian Students
The first step towards admission is to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria set by the university. You must have completed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Additionally, you must have a minimum score of 40% in NEET.
The application process for UPHSD is straightforward. You can visit the university’s website and fill out the online application form. Make sure that you provide accurate information and upload all the required documents, such as your academic certificates, NEET scorecard, and passport.
Submission of documents
After submitting the online application form, you will receive an email from the university with instructions on how to submit your documents. You will need to send the following documents to the university:
- Academic certificates (10th and 12th mark sheets)
- NEET scorecard
- Birth certificate
- Medical certificate
Payment of application fee
The fee can be paid through bank transfer or online payment methods such as PayPal or credit/debit cards. The application fee for UPHSD is approximately $150.
If your application is accepted, the university will issue an acceptance letter. The letter will contain all the necessary information, such as the date of commencement of the program, the fees structure, and the documents required for the visa process.
Once you receive the acceptance letter, you can start the visa process. Indian students who wish to study in the Philippines are required to obtain a student visa. You will need to submit the acceptance letter and other required documents to the Philippine embassy in India. The embassy will then issue a student visa.
After obtaining the student visa, you can make travel arrangements. You can book your flight to Manila, the capital city of the Philippines. The university provides airport pickup and accommodation facilities for international students.
Once you arrive at UPHSD, you will attend an orientation program. The program will provide you with all the necessary information about the university, the program, and the rules and regulations. You will also get to know your fellow students and the faculty members.
Start of the program
The MBBS program at UPHSD is six years long, including one year of internship. The program is divided into three phases: the pre-clinical phase, the clinical phase, and the internship phase. The pre-clinical phase is two years long and focuses on the basic sciences. The clinical phase is three years long and focuses on clinical subjects. The internship phase is one year long and is conducted in affiliated hospitals.
Documents Required for MBBS in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines for Indian Students
- Passport: This is the most important document that you need to have when applying for admission to UPHSD. Your passport should be valid for at least six months from the time of your application.
- High school diploma and transcript: You need to submit your high school diploma and transcript to UPHSD. If you are a senior secondary student, you can also submit your provisional certificate.
- Birth certificate: This is another important document that you need to submit to UPHSD. You must ensure that your birth certificate is issued by the appropriate government authority and that it is in English or translated into English.
- Medical certificate: Before admission to UPHSD, you must provide a medical certificate that shows that you are physically and mentally fit to study medicine. This certificate should be issued by a certified physician in India.
- Police clearance certificate: This is another important document that you must have when applying for admission to UPHSD. You need to submit a police clearance certificate that shows that you have not been involved in any criminal activity.
- English proficiency test scores: As an Indian student, you need to take an English proficiency test such as TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE and provide your scores to UPHSD. This is to show that you are proficient in the English language.
- Letter of recommendation: You must obtain at least two letters of recommendation from your high school principal, counselor, or teacher. The letters should attest to your academic performance and personal character.
- Financial documents: You must show that you have sufficient financial resources to cover your tuition fees and living expenses while studying at UPHSD. You can provide bank statements, tax returns, or any other documents that show your financial status.
- Visa application: Once you have been accepted into UPHSD, you need to apply for a student visa to the Philippines. You should provide all the necessary documents and pay the visa application fee.
- Other documents: UPHSD may request other documents such as a statement of purpose, essays, or additional certificates. You should be prepared to provide these documents if they are requested.
BS Program (Pre – Medicine Program) Syllabus (1.5 Years) in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines for Indian Students
The BS program in Pre-Medicine at the University of Perpetual Help System Dalta, Philippines, is designed to prepare students for medical school. The program is divided into four terms, each term with a different set of courses. The following table outlines the courses offered in each term.
|Calculus and Analytical Geometry|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy|
|Fundamentals of Genetics|
|Entomology Freshwater Biology|
|Philosophy of Man|
|Education for Sustainable Dev.|
|Cell and Molecular Biology|
|Politics and Governance/Phil. Const|
|Rizal’s Life Works and Writings|
|Econ/Taxation and Agrarian Reforms|
|Histology and Micro-technique|
|Research in Bio. Sc. (Thesis writing)|
In the first term, students will take courses in calculus and analytical geometry, biochemistry, plant morpho-anatomy, comparative vertebrate anatomy, general physiology, parasitology, and evolutionary biology. These courses provide a foundation in the basic sciences that are essential for medical studies.
The second term includes courses in plant physiology, fundamentals of genetics, animal physiology, entomology freshwater biology, general microbiology, philosophy of man, and developmental biology. These courses will help students understand the intricacies of living organisms and their interactions with their environment.
In the third term, students will take courses in ecology, education for sustainable development, research methodology, systematic biology, cell and molecular biology, comparative religion, and politics and governance/Phil. Const. These courses focus on research, analysis, and critical thinking skills that are necessary for success in medical studies.
The fourth term includes courses in Rizal’s life works and writings, econ/taxation and agrarian reforms, human genetics, radiation biology, histology and micro-technique, research in bio. Sc. (thesis writing), and immunology. These courses provide a broad range of knowledge and skills that are relevant to the medical field.
Syllabus of MBBS in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines for Indian Students
The MBBS program at the University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines is divided into three phases – pre-clinical years, clinical years, and internship. Here is a breakdown of the syllabus in each phase:
Pre-clinical years (1st and 2nd year)
|Anatomy||Study of the structure of the human body||Understanding the anatomical basis of disease and clinical practice|
|Physiology||Study of the function of the human body||Understanding the normal function of the human body and the mechanisms underlying disease|
|Biochemistry||Study of the chemical processes within living organisms||Understanding the molecular basis of life and disease|
|Microbiology||Study of microorganisms and their effects on humans||Understanding the role of microorganisms in disease and infection control|
|Pathology||Study of the nature of disease and its causes||Understanding the mechanisms underlying disease and the pathology of various organ systems|
|Pharmacology||Study of drugs and their effects on the body||Understanding the principles of drug action and the use of drugs in clinical practice|
|Behavioral Science||Study of human behavior and its relationship to health||Developing an understanding of the psychological and social factors that influence health and illness|
Clinical years (3rd and 4th year)
|Medicine||Study of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of adult diseases||Developing the ability to diagnose and manage common medical conditions|
|Surgery||Study of surgical procedures and techniques||Developing the ability to perform surgical procedures and manage surgical patients|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||Study of pregnancy, childbirth, and female reproductive system||Developing the ability to manage pregnancy, childbirth, and gynecological conditions|
|Pediatrics||Study of the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents||Developing the ability to diagnose and manage common pediatric conditions|
|Psychiatry||Study of mental disorders and their treatment||Developing the ability to diagnose and manage common mental health conditions|
|Community Medicine||Study of health care in the community||Understanding the health care needs of communities and developing skills in health promotion and disease prevention|
Internship (5th year)
|Internal Medicine||Study of the diagnosis and treatment of adult diseases||Developing advanced skills in the diagnosis and management of complex medical conditions|
|Surgery||Study of surgical procedures and techniques||Developing advanced skills in surgical procedures and the management of surgical patients|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||Study of pregnancy, childbirth, and female reproductive system||Developing advanced skills in the management of complex obstetric and gynecological conditions|
|Pediatrics||Study of the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents||Developing advanced skills in the diagnosis and management of complex pediatric conditions|
|Community Medicine||Study of health care in the community||Developing skills in public health and community-based health care delivery|
|Emergency Medicine||Study of the diagnosis and management of acute medical conditions||Developing skills in the management of medical emergencies|
|Radiology||Study of medical imaging techniques||Developing skills in the interpretation of medical images|
|Pathology||Study of the nature of disease and its causes||Developing skills in the interpretation of laboratory results|
|Anesthesiology||Study of the administration of anesthesia||Developing skills in the administration of anesthesia during surgical procedures|
Overall, the MBBS program at the University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines provides a comprehensive education in basic medical sciences, clinical medicine, and practical training in a clinical setting. Students who complete this program will have the knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a career in medicine and make a positive impact on the health of their communities.
Hostel and Accommodation Available in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines
- On-Campus Dormitories: UPHSD has dormitories located within its campus. These dormitories offer students a convenient and affordable option for accommodation. The dorms are equipped with basic amenities like beds, tables, chairs, and a closet. The dormitories are also divided by gender, with separate buildings for male and female students.
- Off-Campus Dormitories: For students who prefer to live off-campus, UPHSD has partnered with various dormitory providers near the university. These dormitories offer students a wider range of options, with more amenities and services like air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour security, and laundry services. Off-campus dormitories also offer various room types, such as single, double, or shared rooms.
- Apartments and Condos: UPHSD has partnered with various apartment and condo providers to offer students a more independent and private accommodation option. Apartments and condos offer students the freedom to choose their roommates and manage their own expenses. These accommodation options are also equipped with more amenities and services like swimming pools, gyms, and parking spaces.
- Homestays: Homestays are a popular option for international students who want to immerse themselves in the local culture and customs. UPHSD has partnered with various homestay providers to offer students a comfortable and welcoming home away from home. Homestays offer students a private room and shared spaces like the living room, kitchen, and bathroom.
- Cost: The cost of hostel and accommodation options at UPHSD varies depending on the type of accommodation, location, and amenities. On-campus dormitories are generally more affordable than off-campus dormitories and apartments. Homestays can be a more expensive option, but they offer students a more immersive cultural experience.
- Location: When choosing accommodation, it’s important to consider the location. On-campus dormitories offer students a convenient location, with easy access to the university’s facilities and services. Off-campus dormitories and apartments may be located farther away from the university, but they offer students a wider range of amenities and services.
- Safety and Security: Safety and security should be a top priority when choosing accommodation. UPHSD offers students safe and secure accommodation options with 24-hour security, CCTV surveillance, and access control systems. Students should also take precautionary measures like locking their doors and windows, not sharing their keys, and reporting any suspicious activity to the authorities.
- Availability: Availability of accommodation can be a challenge, especially during peak enrollment periods. It’s important to apply for accommodation as early as possible to ensure availability. Students should also consider alternative accommodation options in case their preferred choice is not available.
Cost of Living in University of Perpetual Help System Dalta Philippines
|Category||Cost Range (INR)|
|Accommodation||7500 – 13,000|
|Food||4000 – 6000|
|Transportation||1500 – 2500|
The University of Perpetual Help System Dalta in the Philippines offers affordable cost of living for students. The table above shows the estimated cost range for three major categories: accommodation, food, and transportation.
For accommodation, the cost ranges from 7500 to 13,000 INR per month, depending on the type of housing students prefer. This includes dormitories, apartments, or boarding houses. Students may choose to live on-campus or off-campus, depending on their preference and budget.
Food expenses range from 4000 to 6000 INR per month. The university offers a variety of food options, including the campus cafeteria and nearby restaurants. Students may also choose to cook their own meals to save on expenses.
Transportation costs are relatively low, ranging from 1500 to 2500 INR per month. This includes the cost of commuting to and from the university, as well as traveling around the city. Public transportation such as buses and jeepneys are the most affordable options.
Why MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students?
- Affordable tuition fees compared to other countries, which makes it a viable option for those who cannot afford high education costs in countries like the USA, UK, or Canada.
- English is the official language of the Philippines, which makes it easier for Indian students to communicate with professors and locals, and adapt to the curriculum.
- The medical degrees awarded by the Philippines are recognized globally, and many of the medical colleges in the country are accredited by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The MBBS degree in the Philippines takes around 5 years to complete, which is shorter compared to other countries where it takes 6-7 years to complete, allowing Indian students to save time and start practicing medicine sooner.
- The medical curriculum in the Philippines is up-to-date with the latest medical practices and technologies, with a focus on practical training and hands-on experience.
- The culture in the Philippines is similar to that of India, which makes it easier for Indian students to adjust and feel at home, with many Indian restaurants and grocery stores available.
- The Philippines is known for being a safe and friendly country, with a low crime rate and stable political environment.
- Pursuing an MBBS degree in the Philippines provides Indian students with the opportunity to meet and interact with students from different countries, which broadens their cultural understanding and exposure, and can be an asset for their future careers as medical professionals.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students
- Lower tuition fees and cost of living compared to other countries
- Quality education with many medical colleges recognized by WHO
- English as the medium of instruction
- Excellent clinical training opportunities
- Global recognition of medical degrees
- International exposure and opportunity to interact with students from different cultures
- Safe and secure country with dedicated departments for international student safety
- Simple and straightforward visa process
- Warm and friendly hospitality of Filipinos
- Scholarship programs offered by many medical colleges to reduce financial burden.
Why choose UPHSD for an MBBS degree?
UPHSD is one of the leading medical universities in the Philippines, with a reputation for providing high-quality medical education. The university has state-of-the-art facilities, experienced faculty, and a student-centered approach to teaching. Moreover, the university is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), making it an excellent choice for Indian students.
What is the duration of the MBBS course at UPHSD?
The MBBS course at UPHSD has a duration of 5.5 years, which includes one year of internship. The course is divided into two parts: the first four years focus on theoretical learning, while the last year involves hands-on clinical training.
What is the eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply to UPHSD for an MBBS degree?
Indian students who wish to apply to UPHSD for an MBBS degree must have completed their 12th grade or equivalent with a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. They must also have qualified in the NEET exam.
Is the MBBS degree from UPHSD recognized in India? Yes, the MBBS degree from UPHSD is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), which means that Indian students can practice medicine in India after completing their degree and passing the MCI screening test.
What is the language of instruction at UPHSD?
The language of instruction at UPHSD is English, which is an advantage for Indian students as they are well-versed in the language.
What is the total cost of pursuing an MBBS degree at UPHSD?
The total cost of pursuing an MBBS degree at UPHSD is comparatively lower than many other countries. The tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses for the entire course may come up to around INR 25-30 lakhs.
What are the accommodation options available for Indian students at UPHSD?
UPHSD provides on-campus accommodation to its students. The hostels are equipped with all necessary facilities, such as Wi-Fi, security, and recreation areas. Indian food is also available on campus, which makes it easier for Indian students to adapt to the new environment.
What is the admission process for Indian students at UPHSD?
Indian students can apply to UPHSD through the university’s online application system or by visiting the university’s admissions office in person. They must submit their academic records, NEET scorecard, and other required documents for evaluation. If selected, they will receive a letter of admission from the university.
What is the climate like in the Philippines?
The Philippines has a tropical climate, with temperatures ranging from 20-35 degrees Celsius throughout the year. The monsoon season lasts from June to November, during which time there may be occasional typhoons. Indian students may find the weather similar to that in their home country.
What are the job prospects for Indian students after completing their MBBS degree from UPHSD?
Indian students who complete their MBBS degree from UPHSD can practice medicine in India after passing the MCI screening test. They can also apply for a license to practice medicine in other countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada, among others.
How is the student life at UPHSD?
UPHSD offers a vibrant student life with a range of extracurricular activities and student organizations that cater to diverse interests. The university also has a sports complex, gymnasium, and swimming pool for the students’ recreation.
Is it safe for Indian students to study at UPHSD?
The Philippines is generally a safe country, and UPHSD has a safe and secure campus environment with 24-hour security services. However, as with any new place, Indian students must exercise caution and follow basic safety measures.
What is the visa process for Indian students who wish to study at UPHSD?
Indian students must obtain a student visa to study at UPHSD. They can apply for a visa through the Philippine embassy in India or through a visa application center. They must provide the necessary documents, such as their letter of admission and proof of financial support, and pay the visa fee.
Can Indian students apply for scholarships at UPHSD?
Yes, UPHSD offers scholarships to international students, including Indian students, based on their academic performance and financial need. Students can check the university’s website or contact the admissions office for more information.
What are the cultural differences that Indian students may encounter at UPHSD?
Indian students may encounter cultural differences in terms of food, customs, and traditions. However, the university has a diverse student population, and students from various countries study at UPHSD. The university also organizes cultural events and activities that help students learn and appreciate different cultures.