Manila Central University (MCU) is a private, non-sectarian educational institution that offers basic and higher education. Located in EDSA, Caloocan, PhilippinesDr. Alejandro M. Albert established the organization in 1904 and acted as its inaugural director.
MCU has a rich history in the Philippines’ educational landscape. It was the first pharmacy school run by Filipinos and the first nursing school to offer a four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing program in the country. The university’s patron is Minerva.
The university was once a member of the University Athletic Association of the Philippines from 1952 to 1962. The MCU Tigers competed in various sports, including basketball, where they finished as runners-up to the University of the East in 1958.
At the behest of multiple pupils from the University of Santo Tomas and other neighboring institutions, Dr. Alejandro M. Albert established a personal review course in 1903. This tutorial subsequently evolved into the Escuela de Farmacia del Liceo de Manila in 1904, with Dr. Albert serving as its originator and head.
Check Your Eligibility
The Escuela de Farmacia del Liceo de Manila grew over time, leading to its transformation into the Manila College of Pharmacy. Its incorporators were Dr. Leon Ma. L. Guerrero, Antonio C. Llamas, Feliciano P. Paterno, and Atty. Filemon D. Tanchoco Sr. This educational institution was the first of its kind, established and managed by Filipinos, and its founding took place just four years after the establishment of the Philippine education system.
Back in 1929, the board of trustees acknowledged the necessity for dental services, and as a result, established the College of Dentistry. This led to the Manila College of Pharmacy’s transformation into the Manila College of Pharmacy and Dentistry during the pre-war era. However, the institution’s operation came to a halt in 1941 due to the outbreak of the Second World War, forcing the college’s closure.
During the Japanese occupation, the enemy looted the university’s facilities, laboratories, equipment, and museums. During the liberation period, the university was further looted, and everything but the shell of its two buildings was taken.
The reorganized institution offered courses in liberal arts, education, commerce, business administration, and postgraduate courses in pharmacy, in addition to Pharmacy and Dentistry The year 1947 marked the inclusion of the College of Medicine into the university. The following year, in 1948, the institution was renamed the Manila Central University when it established the College of Nursing and Graduate School.
The MCU inaugurated its 10-hectare campus in Caloocan in 1949, where the colleges of Optometry and Midwifery were also opened. The High School and Kindergarten departments were also established.
Affiliations and Recognitions of Manila Central University
Manila Central University (MCU) is a renowned educational institution in the Philippines, providing high-quality education in various fields, including medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, and allied health sciences. MCU is committed to providing its students with quality education and has been recognized and affiliated with various organizations that attest to the institution’s commitment to quality education and adherence to global standards.
MCU’s affiliations and recognitions include:
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED): The CHED is the regulatory body for higher education in the Philippines. It recognizes MCU, indicating that the institution meets the government’s standards and provides quality education to its students.
- World Health Organization (WHO): The WHO is a United Nations agency responsible for promoting global public health. The organization recognizes MCU, which demonstrates the institution’s adherence to WHO guidelines and highlights its commitment to promoting global health.
- Medical Board of California (MBC): The MBC is the regulatory body for medical practitioners in California, USA. The board recognizes MCU, allowing the institution’s graduates to apply for a license to practice medicine in California. This recognition affirms the quality of education provided by the college and the competency of its graduates.
- Association of Philippine Medical Colleges (APMC): The APMC is a national organization of medical colleges in the Philippines. It recognizes MCU as a member, indicating that the institution meets APMC’s standards and is committed to providing quality medical education in the country.
- Medical Council of India (MCI): The MCI is the regulatory body for medical education in India. It recognizes MCU, allowing Indian students who graduate from the institution to apply for a license to practice medicine in India. This recognition affirms the quality of education provided by the institution and the competency of its graduates.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG): The ECFMG is a non-profit organization that evaluates the qualifications of international medical graduates. The organization recognizes MCU, allowing the institution’s graduates to apply for residency programs and practice medicine in the USA. This recognition is an affirmation of the quality of education provided by the institution and the competency of its graduates.
- International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE): The INQAAHE is a global organization that promotes quality assurance in higher education. It recognizes MCU as a member, indicating that the institution is committed to providing quality medical education and adheres to INQAAHE’s guidelines.
- Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA): The PACUCOA is a national organization that accredits higher education programs in the Philippines. The organization accredits MCU’s Doctor of Medicine program. The accreditation process confirms that the Doctor of Medicine program offered by the institution meets the criteria established by PACUCOA, indicating that the medical education delivered in the Philippines is of excellent quality.
- Asian Medical Students’ Association (AMSA): The AMSA is an international organization for medical students. MCU is a member of AMSA, which provides students with opportunities for networking and collaboration with other medical students from around the world.
- Philippine Association of Medical Colleges-Student Network (PAMC-SN): The PAMC-SN is a national organization of medical college student councils in the Philippines. MCU is a member of PAMC-SN, which allows the institution’s student council to participate in activities and events with other medical students across the country.
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL): The ASAIHL is a regional organization of universities and colleges in Southeast Asia. The organization recognizes MCU as a member, which provides opportunities for collaboration and networking with other institutions in the region.
Why MBBS in Manila Central University Philippines for Indian Students?
- Affordable tuition fees: Compared to other countries that offer MBBS programs, studying in the Philippines is much more affordable. Manila Central University offers a high-quality MBBS program at a reasonable cost, making it an attractive option for Indian students.
- Globally recognized degree: The MBBS degree offered by Manila Central University is recognized by several international organizations, including the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI). This means that graduates of the program can practice medicine in several countries around the world, including India.
- English-speaking environment: English is the primary language of instruction at Manila Central University, making it easy for Indian students to adapt to the new academic environment. This can be particularly helpful for students who may not be fluent in Filipino, the official language of the Philippines.
- Experienced faculty: The faculty at Manila Central University is made up of experienced professors and medical professionals who are dedicated to providing students with a top-notch education. They are passionate about their work and are committed to helping students succeed.
- Modern facilities: The university has modern facilities that are equipped with the latest technology and equipment. This ensures that students have access to the resources they need to excel in their studies.
- Exposure to diverse patient population: Manila Central University is located in a diverse community, which means that students have the opportunity to gain experience working with patients from different cultural backgrounds. This can help them develop the skills needed to be successful in a multicultural healthcare environment.
- Hands-on training: The MBBS program at Manila Central University emphasizes hands-on training, giving students the opportunity to gain practical experience in real-world healthcare settings. This can help them develop the skills needed to succeed in their future careers.
- Opportunity to study abroad: Manila Central University offers international exchange programs, giving students the opportunity to study abroad in countries such as the United States, Canada, and Europe. This can be a great way to gain new experiences and expand their knowledge of the global healthcare system.
- Career opportunities: Graduates of the MBBS program at Manila Central University are in high demand and can pursue a wide range of career opportunities in India and abroad. Some of the popular career options include working in hospitals, clinics, research centers, and private practices.
- Supportive community: The university has a supportive community of faculty, staff, and students who are dedicated to helping each other succeed. This can be particularly helpful for Indian students who may be far away from home and need a supportive network to rely on.
Manila Central University Philippines Overview
Manila Central University (MCU) is a prestigious educational institution located in Caloocan City, Philippines. It was founded in 1904 as Escuela de Farmacia del Liceo de Manila and later renamed to Manila College of Pharmacy in 1915. It has come a long way since then and now offers various undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. Here is an overview of MCU based on its credentials, rankings, programs, fees, and internship opportunities.
MCU has a long history of providing quality education to its students. It has been recognized as one of the oldest pharmacy schools in the Philippines, and it continues to grow in terms of its academic programs and facilities.
NMC Recognized and Global Approval
The National Medical Commission (NMC) recognizes MCU as a legitimate educational institution. This means that the degrees obtained from MCU are recognized globally and can be used to further education and career opportunities abroad.
Recognized by ECFMG and WHO
MCU is recognized by both the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and the World Health Organization (WHO). This recognition highlights the high-quality of education offered by the university and indicates that its medical programs meet international standards.
MCU ranks well among the top universities in the Philippines. Its reputation for academic excellence has earned it a spot in the top 200 universities in the country according to the 2021 UniRank World University Rankings.
MCU offers a well-structured internship program that enables students to gain hands-on experience in their respective fields of study. This practical experience is beneficial as it enhances the student’s medical abilities and prepares them for the real world.
MCI Passing Percentage
MCU boasts a good Medical Council of India (MCI) passing percentage for its Indian students. This is a testament to the quality of education provided by the university and indicates that the Indian students studying at MCU are well prepared for their medical exams.
Affordable Tuition Fees
MCU offers an affordable tuition fee structure that is beneficial for financially constrained students. The fees charged by the university are reasonable, making it accessible for students from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
MBBS Philippines Program
MCU offers an MBBS Philippines program that is of 6.5 years duration. The program consists of one and a half years of Bachelor of Science in Psychology or Bachelor of Science in Biology, four and a half years of medical study program, and one year of internship. The program is well-structured and designed to meet international standards.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Manila Central University Philippines for Indian Students
- High-Quality Education: Manila Central University has a reputation for providing high-quality education to its students. The medical program at MCU is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the World Health Organization (WHO). This accreditation ensures that the university maintains the highest standards of education, teaching, and research.
- Experienced Faculty: The faculty members at MCU are highly qualified and experienced. They are well-equipped to impart knowledge and skills to students, making them competent doctors. The faculty members also provide students with valuable guidance and mentorship throughout their medical education journey.
- Affordable Tuition Fees: Manila Central University offers an affordable fee structure for its MBBS program. The tuition fees are much lower than those of other universities in countries like the USA, UK, or Australia. This affordability makes it a popular destination among Indian students.
- No Language Barrier: The medium of instruction at Manila Central University is English, making it easy for Indian students to communicate and understand lectures. Indian students who are fluent in English can easily adapt to the teaching style at MCU and excel in their studies.
- Advanced Facilities: Manila Central University has modern facilities and advanced equipment to support its medical program. The laboratories are well-equipped with state-of-the-art instruments that enable students to gain practical experience in various medical procedures. The library has an extensive collection of books, journals, and research papers, which students can access to supplement their learning.
- Multicultural Environment: Manila Central University has a diverse student population, with students from various countries studying together. This multicultural environment helps Indian students to learn about different cultures and broaden their horizons. It also helps them to develop their communication and interpersonal skills, which are essential for a career in medicine.
- Clinical Rotations: Manila Central University offers clinical rotations at various hospitals and medical facilities in the Philippines. These rotations provide students with hands-on experience in diagnosing and treating patients under the supervision of experienced doctors. This exposure prepares students to be competent doctors who are ready to handle real-life medical scenarios.
- Opportunities for Research: Manila Central University encourages research among its students and faculty members. It has research centers and labs that provide students with opportunities to conduct research and publish their findings. This research experience is valuable for students who want to pursue higher education or a career in research.
Duration of MBBS in Manila Central University Philippines for Indian Students
Indian students have the option to enroll in a six-year MBBS program at Manila Central University in the Philippines. The program comprises a pre-medical course, an MD course, and a one-year internship, equipping students with the required knowledge and skills to excel as medical practitioners. The university has a reputation for producing competent medical graduates who are practicing medicine worldwide.
Faculties in Manila Central University Philippines
- Medicine: Manila Central University’s College of Medicine is one of the oldest medical schools in the Philippines, established in 1904. The faculty is known for its comprehensive and rigorous medical program that prepares students to become competent and compassionate physicians. The curriculum emphasizes a strong foundation in the basic medical sciences, along with clinical skills training that takes place in affiliated hospitals and clinics. The medical faculty is committed to excellence in medical education, research, and service to the community.
- Dentistry: Manila Central University’s College of Dentistry is a leading dental institution in the Philippines, founded in 1947. The faculty offers a comprehensive dental program that focuses on teaching the latest techniques and procedures in dental practice. The curriculum includes lectures, laboratory work, and clinical practice in state-of-the-art facilities. The faculty also provides continuing education courses for practicing dentists to keep them updated with the latest advancements in the field.
- Nursing: Manila Central University’s College of Nursing is a premier nursing institution that has been providing quality education since 1904. The faculty is known for its strong commitment to producing competent and compassionate nurses who are equipped with the knowledge and skills to meet the demands of the healthcare industry. The curriculum emphasizes evidence-based practice, leadership, and community service. The faculty also provides continuing education programs for registered nurses to enhance their professional development.
- Optometry: Manila Central University’s College of Optometry is a leading institution that offers a comprehensive program in optometry. The faculty is dedicated to providing students with a solid foundation in the basic sciences, along with clinical experience that enables them to diagnose and manage various eye conditions. The program includes lectures, laboratory work, and clinical practice in modern facilities equipped with the latest technology. The faculty also conducts research in optometry to contribute to the advancement of the field.
Fees Structure for MBBS in Manila Central University Philippines for Indian Students
|B.S. Pre-Medicine||1.5 years||9000||Manila Central University|
|MD Year I||1 year||8800||Manila Central University|
|MD Year II||1 year||4000||Manila Central University|
|MD Year III||1 year||4200||Manila Central University|
|MD Year IV||1 year||4400||Manila Central University|
|MD Year V (1 Semester) + Internship||1 year||As per govt. regulations||Manila Central University|
The above table represents the Fees Structure for MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) at Manila Central University in the Philippines, specifically for Indian students.
The program begins with a 1.5 year B.S. Pre-Medicine course at a cost of 9000 USD. This is followed by five years of MD program, with each year having a different fee structure. MD Year I costs 8800 USD, while MD Year II costs 4000 USD. The cost of MD Year III is 4200 USD, and MD Year IV costs 4400 USD. The last year of the program, MD Year V, includes one semester of coursework and an internship. The fee for this year is as per government regulations.
It is important to note that all of the above fees are applicable only to Manila Central University and may vary for other universities in the Philippines. Additionally, the fees mentioned in the table are in US dollars and are subject to change as per the university’s policies.
Global Ranking of Manila Central University Philippines
Manila Central University in the Philippines has a country ranking of 52 and a world ranking of 7287.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Manila Central University Philippines for Indian Students
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have completed their higher secondary education (10+2) with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized board. Students who have completed their education from a foreign board must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to be eligible.
- Age Criteria: Applicants should be at least 17 years of age as of December 31st of the year of admission.
- Language Proficiency: The medium of instruction at Manila Central University is English, so applicants must be proficient in the language. Candidates must have a valid score in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exams to demonstrate their proficiency in the language.
- Entrance Exam: Candidates must pass the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) conducted by the Center for Educational Measurement (CEM) in the Philippines. This test evaluates the students’ knowledge in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- Visa Requirements: Indian students must obtain a student visa to study in the Philippines. They must apply for a student visa at the nearest Philippines Embassy or Consulate in India. They will also need to provide proof of financial support for their stay in the Philippines during their studies.
- Health Requirements: All international students must undergo a medical examination and provide proof of good health before being admitted to Manila Central University.
- Fees and Expenses: Indian students must pay tuition fees, accommodation fees, and other expenses to study at Manila Central University. The fees will vary depending on the course and duration of study.
- Scholarship Opportunities: Manila Central University offers scholarship opportunities for international students. Indian students can explore the various scholarship options available to them.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Manila Central University Philippines for Indian Students
- Research the University: The first step is to research the Manila Central University and the MBBS program it offers. You can visit the official website of the university to gather information about the course structure, tuition fees, campus facilities, and other details.
- Check Eligibility Criteria: The next step is to check the eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS program at Manila Central University. Indian students are required to have completed their 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as mandatory subjects. They should also have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Apply Online: Once you have confirmed your eligibility, you can apply for admission online. Fill in the required details and upload the necessary documents such as academic transcripts, passport, and other identification documents.
- Pay Application Fee: After submitting the application form, you will be required to pay the application fee. The fee can be paid online using a debit or credit card or through bank transfer.
- Wait for Response: The university will review your application and documents and inform you of their decision Upon acceptance, the university will issue an acceptance letter to you.
- Apply for Student Visa: Once you receive the acceptance letter, you can apply for a student visa. The visa application process can take some time, so it is advisable to start the process early. You will need to provide the acceptance letter, passport, and other documents to the embassy or consulate of the Philippines in India.
- Pay Tuition Fees: After obtaining the student visa, you will be required to pay the tuition fees for the MBBS program at Manila Central University. The fee can be paid through online transfer or bank deposit.
- Travel to Manila: Once you have paid the tuition fees, you can book your flight to Manila. You will need to arrange for accommodation and other living expenses before arriving in the Philippines.
- Attend Orientation: Upon arrival at Manila Central University, you will attend an orientation program. This program will provide you with information about the university, campus facilities, rules and regulations, and other important details.
- Start Classes: After completing the orientation program, you will start attending classes for the MBBS program at Manila Central University. The course is designed to provide you with a comprehensive education in medicine and prepare you for a successful career in the healthcare industry.
Documents Required for MBBS in Manila Central University Philippines for Indian Students
- Educational Qualification Certificates: Indian students who are applying for MBBS in Manila Central University must have completed their higher secondary education (12th standard) with a minimum aggregate score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Passport: Indian students must have a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of their arrival in the Philippines.
- Visa: Indian students need to obtain a student visa to study MBBS in Manila Central University. The visa application must be submitted to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in India.
- Birth Certificate: Indian students must provide a copy of their birth certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Medical Certificate: Indian students must provide a medical certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner stating that they are physically and mentally fit to pursue MBBS in Manila Central University.
- Police Clearance Certificate: Indian students must provide a police clearance certificate issued by the competent authority stating that they have no criminal records.
- English Proficiency Certificate: Indian students must provide an English proficiency certificate such as IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE, as proof of their proficiency in the English language.
- Application Form: Indian students must fill in the application form of Manila Central University, which is available on the university’s official website.
- Passport-size Photographs: Indian students must provide passport-size photographs that meet the specifications mentioned in the application form.
- Admission Letter: Once the application is reviewed and accepted, Manila Central University will issue an admission letter to the Indian student.
- Financial Documents: Indian students must provide evidence of their financial ability to cover the cost of tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses in the Philippines.
- Migration Certificate: Indian students who have completed their higher secondary education from a board other than the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) must provide a migration certificate issued by their respective board.
BS Program (Pre – Medicine Program) Syllabus (1.5 Years) in Manila Central University Philippines for Indian Students
|1st||Calculus and Analytical Geometry|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy|
|Fundamentals of Genetics|
|Philosophy of Man|
|Education for Sustainable Development|
|Cell and Molecular Biology|
|Politics and Governance/Phil. Const|
|4th||Rizal’s Life Works and Writings|
|Econ/Taxation and Agrarian Reforms|
|Histology and Micro-technique|
|Research in Bio. Sc. (Thesis writing)|
The BS Program (Pre-Medicine Program) Syllabus at Manila Central University Philippines for Indian students is a 1.5-year course that is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in the biological sciences. The program is divided into four semesters, and each semester includes a range of courses that cover various topics in biology, mathematics, and social sciences.
The first semester of the program includes courses in calculus and analytical geometry, biochemistry, plant morpho-anatomy, comparative vertebrate anatomy, general physiology, parasitology, and evolutionary biology. These courses are designed to introduce students to the fundamental concepts of biology and to develop their understanding of the basic principles that underpin the discipline.
In the second semester, students will take courses in plant physiology, fundamentals of genetics, animal physiology, entomology, freshwater biology, general microbiology, philosophy of man, and developmental biology. These courses build on the knowledge and skills developed in the first semester and provide students with a deeper understanding of the biological processes that govern life.
The third semester of the program focuses on courses in ecology, education for sustainable development, research methodology, systematic biology, cell and molecular biology, comparative religion, and politics and governance/Phil. Const. These courses are designed to develop students’ critical thinking and research skills and to provide them with an understanding of the broader social and political context in which biological research takes place.
The final semester of the program includes courses in Rizal’s life works and writings, Econ/Taxation and Agrarian Reforms, human genetics, radiation biology, histology and micro-technique, research in bio. Sc. (thesis writing), and immunology. These courses are designed to help students develop specialized knowledge and skills in specific areas of biology and to prepare them for further study or work in the field.
Syllabus of MBBS in Manila Central University Philippines for Indian Students
|Year/Subject||Pre-clinical years (1st and 2nd year)||Clinical years (3rd and 4th year)||Internship (5th year)|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||No||Yes||Yes|
The MBBS program at Manila Central University in the Philippines for Indian students comprises six years of study, including five years of coursework and one year of internship. The curriculum is divided into three phases: pre-clinical years, clinical years, and internship.
During the pre-clinical years, which include the first and second year of study, students focus on building a strong foundation in basic medical sciences. The subjects studied during this period include anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and behavioral science.
The clinical years, which include the third and fourth year of study, are dedicated to developing clinical skills and practical experience. Students study medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, psychiatry, and community medicine during this period.
The fifth year of the program is dedicated to internship, during which students receive practical training in a clinical setting. They gain hands-on experience in internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, community medicine, emergency medicine, radiology, pathology, and anesthesiology.
Hostel and Accommodation Available in Manila Central University Philippines
Manila Central University (MCU) is a prestigious educational institution in the Philippines, offering various programs and courses to students from all over the world. For Indian students who wish to study at MCU, finding the right accommodation is essential to ensure a comfortable and hassle-free stay. Here are some points about hostel and accommodation options available for Indian students at MCU:
- MCU has its own hostel facilities on campus that are open to students from different nationalities, including Indian students.
- The hostel offers different types of rooms, including single, double, and triple sharing rooms, to cater to the needs and preferences of students.
- All the rooms are equipped with basic amenities such as beds, study tables, chairs, and wardrobes, providing a comfortable living experience.
- Indian students can opt for air-conditioned rooms or non-air-conditioned rooms, depending on their budget and preferences.
- The hostel also provides access to common areas such as a lounge, kitchen, and dining hall, where students can relax, socialize, and prepare their meals.
- The hostel staff is available round the clock to assist students with any issues or concerns they may have during their stay.
- Students can also choose to stay in off-campus accommodation options, such as apartments or condominiums, which are located within the vicinity of the university.
- Off-campus accommodation options provide more flexibility and independence to students, allowing them to customize their living arrangements as per their preferences.
- Rent for off-campus accommodation varies depending on factors such as location, size, and amenities provided.
Cost of Living in Manila Central University Philippines
|Accommodation||7500 – 13,000 INR|
|Food||4000 – 6000 INR|
|Transportation||1500 – 2500 INR|
The cost of living in Manila Central University in the Philippines varies depending on the student’s lifestyle and preferences. The table above shows the estimated range of expenses for accommodation, food, and transportation in Indian Rupees (INR).
Accommodation options range from shared dormitories to private apartments. The estimated cost for accommodation is between 7500 to 13,000 INR per month.
Food expenses also depend on the student’s food choices, with options ranging from inexpensive street food to mid-range restaurants. The estimated cost for food is between 4000 to 6000 INR per month.
Transportation costs in Manila Central University are relatively low. Public transportation, such as jeepneys and buses, is available and affordable, with an estimated cost of 1500 to 2500 INR per month.
Why MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students?
- Affordable tuition fees: Medical education is expensive, and the cost of studying MBBS in countries like the USA, UK, or Canada can be prohibitive for many Indian students. In comparison, the Philippines offers MBBS programs at a much lower cost, making it an attractive option for those who cannot afford the high fees in other countries.
- English as the medium of instruction: English is the official language of the Philippines, and this makes it easier for Indian students to understand the curriculum and communicate with professors and locals. Since Indian students are already proficient in English, they can easily follow the lectures and participate in discussions, which is important for academic success.
- Globally recognized degree: The MBBS degree awarded by the Philippines is recognized globally, which means that Indian students can practice medicine in India or any other country after clearing the respective licensing exams. Additionally, many of the medical colleges in the Philippines are accredited by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Shorter duration of the course: The MBBS degree in the Philippines typically takes around 5 years to complete, which is shorter compared to other countries where it takes 6-7 years to complete. This means that Indian students can save a year or two and start practicing medicine sooner.
- Advanced medical curriculum: The medical curriculum in the Philippines is advanced and up-to-date with the latest medical practices and technologies. The students are provided with diverse clinical exposure, and the teaching approach prioritizes practical training and experiential learning. This allows students to gain a broad range of clinical experiences and emphasizes the importance of hands-on experience in their education.
- Cultural similarity: The culture in the Philippines is similar to that of India, which makes it easier for Indian students to adjust and feel at home. Additionally, there are many Indian restaurants and grocery stores in the Philippines, which means that students can easily find familiar food and ingredients.
- Safe and friendly environment: The Philippines is known for its friendly and hospitable people, and Indian students are welcomed with open arms. The country is also considered to be safe for international students, with a low crime rate and a stable political environment.
- Opportunity for international exposure: Pursuing an MBBS degree in the Philippines offers Indian students the opportunity to meet and interact with students from different countries, which broadens their cultural understanding and exposure. This can be an important asset for their future careers as medical professionals.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students
- Studying MBBS in the Philippines is a cost-effective option due to lower tuition fees in comparison to countries such as the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Additionally, the cost of living in the Philippines is relatively low, making it an ideal destination for Indian students seeking affordability. Overall, this advantage of affordability makes the Philippines a practical choice for aspiring medical students who want to pursue an education in a foreign country without financial constraints.
- Quality Education: The Philippines has a robust education system and offers quality education in the medical field. Many medical colleges in the country are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and other international organizations The curriculum in the Philippines resembles that of India, facilitating Indian students’ comprehension and adjustment to the concepts taught.
- English as a medium of instruction: The medium of instruction in most medical colleges in the Philippines is English. Indian students, who are proficient in English, find it easier to study and communicate with professors and classmates in the Philippines.
- Clinical Training: The Philippines offers excellent clinical training opportunities for medical students. Many medical colleges in the country are associated with top hospitals, providing students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and enhance their skills.
- Global Recognition: Medical degrees from the Philippines are recognized globally. Students who graduate from medical colleges in the Philippines are eligible to appear for licensing exams in different countries, including the United States, Canada, and India.
- International Exposure: Studying MBBS in the Philippines offers Indian students a chance to interact with students from different countries and cultures. Exposing students to diverse perspectives can expand their worldview and foster a global mindset, leading to career advantages down the line.
- Safe and Secure: The Philippines is a safe country, and the government has taken several measures to ensure the safety of international students. Medical colleges in the Philippines also have dedicated departments to address the safety and security concerns of students.
- Visa Process: The visa process for Indian students to study in the Philippines is relatively simple and straightforward. The government of the Philippines offers student visas to international students, and the process can be completed within a short span of time.
- Hospitality: Filipinos are known for their hospitality and welcoming nature. Indian students studying in the Philippines can expect a warm and friendly environment, which makes their stay comfortable and enjoyable.
- Scholarship Programs: Many medical colleges in the Philippines offer scholarship programs to international students based on their academic performance. These scholarship programs help students reduce the financial burden of studying MBBS in the Philippines.
Is the MBBS program at Manila Central University recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)?
Yes, the MBBS program at Manila Central University is recognized by the Medical Council of India. Indian students who complete their MBBS degree from MCU are eligible to take the MCI screening test to practice medicine in India.
What is the duration of the MBBS program at Manila Central University?
The duration of the MBBS program at Manila Central University is 5.5 years, which includes one year of internship.
What is the medium of instruction for the MBBS program at Manila Central University?
The medium of instruction for the MBBS program at Manila Central University is English, which makes it easier for Indian students to understand and communicate.
Is the MBBS program at Manila Central University affordable for Indian students?
Yes, the MBBS program at Manila Central University is affordable for Indian students. The tuition fee for the MBBS program is comparatively lower than the fees charged by medical colleges in India.
Are Indian students eligible for scholarships at Manila Central University?
Yes, Indian students are eligible for scholarships at Manila Central University. The university offers various scholarships based on academic performance and financial need.
What is the eligibility criteria for admission to the MBBS program at Manila Central University?
To be eligible for admission to the MBBS program at Manila Central University, Indian students must have completed their 12th standard or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects. They must also have a minimum aggregate score of 50% in these subjects.
Is there an entrance exam for admission to the MBBS program at Manila Central University?
Yes, there is an entrance exam for admission to the MBBS program at Manila Central University. The exam is called the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) and is conducted by the Center for Educational Measurement, Inc. (CEM) in the Philippines.
What is the total cost of studying MBBS at Manila Central University for Indian students?
The total cost of studying MBBS at Manila Central University for Indian students includes tuition fees, accommodation fees, and living expenses. The total cost can vary depending on the type of accommodation and lifestyle of the student, but it is generally lower than the cost of studying MBBS in India.
What is the process for obtaining a student visa to study MBBS at Manila Central University?
Indian students need to obtain a student visa to study MBBS at Manila Central University. The process for obtaining a student visa involves submitting the required documents to the Philippine Embassy in India and attending an interview at the embassy. The documents required for a student visa include a valid passport, admission letter from the university, and proof of financial support.
What are the job prospects for Indian students after completing MBBS from Manila Central University?
Indian students who complete their MBBS degree from Manila Central University can apply for a license to practice medicine in India after passing the MCI screening test. They can also pursue further studies in medicine or work in hospitals or clinics in India or other countries.
What is the curriculum of the MBBS program at Manila Central University?
The curriculum of the MBBS program at Manila Central University follows the guidelines set by the Commission on Higher Education in the Philippines and is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of medical theory and practice. The curriculum includes theoretical and practical courses, clinical rotations, and an internship program.
What is the student-to-faculty ratio at Manila Central University?
The student-to-faculty ratio at Manila Central University is favorable, with an average of 15 students per faculty member. This ensures that students receive personalized attention and guidance from their professors.
What are the facilities available for students at Manila Central University?
Manila Central University has a range of facilities available for students, including modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, a library, a student center, and sports facilities.
What is the admission process for international students at Manila Central University?
The admission process for international students at Manila Central University involves submitting the required documents, including academic transcripts, passport, and visa documents. International students must also pass the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) to be eligible for admission.
What is the accommodation situation for international students at Manila Central University?
Manila Central University provides on-campus accommodation for international students, including dormitories and apartments. Off-campus accommodation is also available in the surrounding area.
What is the language of communication in the Philippines?
The official language of the Philippines is Filipino, but English is widely spoken and used as the language of instruction in schools and universities. Indian students who study at Manila Central University will find it easy to communicate with their professors and peers in English.
What is the culture like in the Philippines?
The Philippines has a rich culture that is a blend of indigenous, Spanish, and American influences. The people of the Philippines are known for their warm hospitality, and Indian students will find it easy to adapt to the friendly and welcoming culture.
What are the safety and security measures at Manila Central University?
Manila Central University has a range of safety and security measures in place to ensure the safety of its students. The university has security personnel on campus, CCTV cameras, and a 24/7 emergency response team.
What are the extracurricular activities available for students at Manila Central University?
Manila Central University has a range of extracurricular activities available for students, including sports, music, dance, and cultural events. These activities provide opportunities for students to develop their talents, socialize, and build their resumes.
What is the reputation of Manila Central University in the Philippines?
Manila Central University has a strong reputation in the Philippines for its quality education and its commitment to producing competent and compassionate medical professionals. The university has a long history of providing medical education in the Philippines and has produced many successful graduates who are practicing medicine in the Philippines and other countries.