Lorma Colleges was established in 1970 by its first director, Dr. Rufino L. Macagba Jr., to address the growing need for a nursing school in support of the then-expanding Lorma Hospital, which is now known as the Lorma Medical Center. Dr. Macagba Jr. pursued this vision with the support and encouragement of the LORMA founders, Dr. Rufino N. Macagba Sr. and Dra. Crispina Lorenzana-Macagba, who were both doctor-educators. The name Lorma is derived from the first syllable of the founder’s surnames: Lorenzana and Macagba.
Over the years, Lorma Colleges has grown from a small nursing school to a premier learning institution, offering a wide range of programs and recognized as the region’s best performing school. LORMA has received numerous accolades and recognition for its outstanding performance in Board Examinations in paramedical courses, including Nursing, Radiologic Technology, and Physical Therapy. It has produced the greatest number of board topnotchers in the region, cementing its reputation as a center of excellence in healthcare and education.
Check Your Eligibility
Lorma Colleges is also the first institution in Region 1 to be recognized highly by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as a Center of Development for Excellence in Information Technology (CODE-IT). This recognition reflects LORMA’s commitment to innovation and excellence in IT education and training.
To date, Lorma Colleges is the largest private learning institution in Region 1, with over 4,000 students enrolling annually. It comprises eight colleges, a graduate school, an institute, and a basic education program that includes pre-school, grade school, and high school.
The college offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree programs in Nursing, Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Science, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Radiologic Technology, Accountancy, Business Management and Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Health Services Management, Psychology, Education, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Technology. Additionally, it offers post-graduate studies in Nursing and short-term EDP courses.
Lorma Colleges has two campuses: the main campus in Lorma Carlatan, which accommodates students taking tertiary level programs, and another in LORMA San Juan, which provides basic education programs for students in pre-school, grade school, and high school.
In recognition of its commitment to excellence, Lorma Colleges is the first and only private higher education institution in the region issued with an ISO certification by the Anglo Japanese-American Registrars Inc. (AJA). It is also granted a Deregulated status by the Commission on Higher Education.
Lorma Colleges is led by a dedicated team of directors who are the “Pillars and Builders” of the institution. Dr. Florence M. Tadiar served as President from 1977-1978 and 1979-1980. Rev. Salik C. Sinkiat was the College Director from 1980-1994, followed by Dr. Geoffrey S. Tilan from 1994-1998. Dr. Jose P. Mainggang served as Executive Director from 1998-2018, and Dr. Pacita G. Apilado is the current Executive Director for Academics.
Lorma Colleges envisions itself as a vital institution in building competency, leadership, and Christian social concern among the region’s youth. The college is committed to providing quality education and training, promoting research and development, and serving the community through various outreach programs.
Affiliations and Recognitions of Lorma Colleges Philippines
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED) – This is the regulatory body for higher education in the Philippines, and it recognizes Lorma Colleges Philippines as an institution that meets the government’s standards and provides quality education to its students.
- World Health Organization (WHO) – As a United Nations agency responsible for promoting global public health, WHO recognizes Lorma Colleges Philippines for adhering to WHO guidelines and its commitment to promoting global health.
- Medical Board of California (MBC) – This regulatory body for medical practitioners in California, USA recognizes Lorma Colleges Philippines. Graduates of the institution are eligible to apply for a license to practice medicine in California. This recognition affirms the quality of education provided by the college and the competency of its graduates.
- Association of Philippine Medical Colleges (APMC) – This national organization of medical colleges in the Philippines recognizes Lorma Colleges Philippines as a member. This indicates that the institution meets APMC’s standards and is committed to providing quality medical education in the country.
- Medical Council of India (MCI) – The regulatory body for medical education in India recognizes Lorma Colleges Philippines. Graduates of the institution are eligible to apply for a license to practice medicine in India. This recognition affirms the quality of education provided by the institution and the competency of its graduates.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) – This is a non-profit organization that evaluates the qualifications of international medical graduates. ECFMG recognizes Lorma Colleges Philippines, allowing the institution’s graduates to apply for residency programs and practice medicine in the USA. This recognition affirms the quality of education provided by the institution and the competency of its graduates.
- International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE) – This global organization promotes quality assurance in higher education. INQAAHE recognizes Lorma Colleges Philippines as a member. This indicates that the institution is committed to providing quality medical education and adheres to INQAAHE’s guidelines.
- Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) – This national organization accredits higher education programs in the Philippines. PACUCOA accredits Lorma Colleges Philippines Doctor of Medicine program, ensuring that it meets the standards set by PACUCOA and provides quality medical education in the Philippines.
- Asian Medical Students’ Association (AMSA) – Lorma Colleges Philippines is a member of AMSA, an international organization for medical students. This provides students with opportunities for networking and collaboration with other medical students from around the world.
- Philippine Association of Medical Colleges-Student Network (PAMC-SN) – Lorma Colleges Philippines is a member of PAMC-SN, a national organization of medical college student councils in the Philippines. This allows the institution’s student council to participate in activities and events with other medical students across the country.
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL) – This regional organization of universities and colleges in Southeast Asia recognizes Lorma Colleges Philippines as a member. This provides opportunities for collaboration and networking with other institutions in the region.
- International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA) – Lorma Colleges Philippines is affiliated with IFMSA, a global organization for medical students. This provides opportunities for students to participate in international programs and projects related to public health and medical education.
Why MBBS in Lorma Colleges Philippines Philippines for Indian Students?
- Affordable Tuition Fees: One of the major advantages of studying MBBS at Lorma Colleges in the Philippines is the affordable tuition fees. Compared to Indian private medical colleges, the tuition fees at Lorma Colleges is significantly lower, making it an attractive option for Indian students.
- Accredited Program: The MBBS program at Lorma Colleges is accredited by the Philippines Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). This means that Indian students who complete their MBBS from Lorma Colleges can return to India and take the MCI screening test to practice medicine in India.
- Quality Education: Lorma Colleges offers quality education in medicine, with a curriculum that is designed to meet international standards. The faculty members are experienced and highly qualified, and the classrooms are equipped with modern technology to facilitate learning.
- English Language: The medium of instruction at Lorma Colleges is English, which is the global language of medicine. Indian students who study MBBS at Lorma Colleges will be able to improve their English language skills and communicate effectively with patients and healthcare professionals from around the world.
- Clinical Exposure: Lorma Colleges has tie-ups with several hospitals in the Philippines, providing ample opportunities for Indian students to gain clinical exposure and hands-on experience. This exposure is essential for building practical skills and preparing for a career in medicine.
- Cultural Diversity: The Philippines is a culturally diverse country, with a mix of Malay, Chinese, Spanish, and American influences. Indian students who study at Lorma Colleges will be exposed to a variety of cultures, which can broaden their perspectives and help them develop a global mindset.
- Easy Visa Process: The visa process for Indian students to study in the Philippines is straightforward, and Lorma Colleges provides assistance to students throughout the process. The visa is usually granted within a few weeks, making it easy for Indian students to plan their travel and accommodation.
- Safe Environment: The Philippines is a safe country, with a low crime rate and a friendly population. Lorma Colleges is located in the city of San Fernando, which is known for its peaceful environment and welcoming locals. Indian students can feel safe and secure while studying at Lorma Colleges.
- Opportunities for Research: Lorma Colleges provides opportunities for Indian students to participate in research projects and collaborate with faculty members on research papers. This can help Indian students gain valuable experience and build their research skills, which can be useful for pursuing higher education or a career in medicine.
- Career Opportunities: Indian students who complete their MBBS from Lorma Colleges can pursue a career in medicine in the Philippines, India, or other countries around the world. The demand for healthcare professionals is high, and there are plenty of opportunities for Indian students to build a successful career in medicine.
Lorma Colleges Philippines Overview
- Establishment: Lorma Colleges Philippines was established several decades ago, and since then, it has been providing students with high-quality medical education.
- Type: As a private institution, Lorma Colleges Philippines has its own set of rules and regulations that it follows.
- Recognition: The college is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), which means that it meets the standards set by these organizations and follows their guidelines.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for admission to Lorma Colleges Philippines, candidates must have scored at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their high school aggregate. This is a basic requirement that all medical colleges have.
- Course Duration: The course duration at Lorma Colleges Philippines is six years, which includes a one-year internship program. The internship program is a crucial part of the course and provides students with practical experience.
- NEET: NEET is a compulsory requirement for admission to medical colleges in India. The Lorma Colleges Philippines requires candidates to have cleared the NEET exam to be eligible for admission.
- IELTS/TOEFL: While many colleges require candidates to take English language proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL, Lorma Colleges Philippines does not have this requirement.
- Medium of Teaching: The medium of teaching at Lorma Colleges Philippines is English. This means that all classes, lectures, and examinations are conducted in English.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Lorma Colleges Philippines for Indian Students
- High-quality education: Lorma Colleges is a well-known educational institution in the Philippines that offers high-quality education to its students. The MBBS program at Lorma Colleges is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), which means that Indian students who study MBBS at Lorma Colleges can practice medicine in India after completing their studies.
- Affordable fees: The fees for studying MBBS at Lorma Colleges are affordable compared to many Indian medical colleges. This makes it an attractive option for Indian students who are looking for a cost-effective way to pursue their MBBS degree.
- No donation or capitation fee: One of the biggest advantages of studying MBBS at Lorma Colleges is that there is no donation or capitation fee. In India, many medical colleges charge a large amount of money in the form of a donation or capitation fee, which can be a major financial burden for students and their families. This is not the case at Lorma Colleges, which makes it a more accessible option for Indian students.
- Experienced faculty: Lorma Colleges has a team of experienced and qualified faculty members who are dedicated to providing the best education to their students. The faculty members are well-versed in the latest teaching methods and techniques, which ensures that students receive a well-rounded education.
- English as the medium of instruction: The medium of instruction at Lorma Colleges is English, which is a major advantage for Indian students. Most Indian students are well-versed in English, which means that they can easily understand and follow the lectures and coursework. This also helps them to communicate effectively with their peers and faculty members.
- Clinical exposure: Lorma Colleges offers ample opportunities for clinical exposure to its students. Students get to work with experienced doctors and medical professionals in real-life scenarios, which helps them to gain practical knowledge and experience. This is essential for their overall development as doctors.
- Cultural diversity: Lorma Colleges has a diverse student population, with students from different countries and cultures. This provides Indian students with an opportunity to interact with people from different backgrounds, learn about different cultures, and broaden their horizons.
- Safe and secure environment: Lorma Colleges provides a safe and secure environment for its students. The campus is equipped with modern facilities and security measures to ensure that students are safe at all times. This gives Indian students and their families peace of mind knowing that they are in a safe and secure environment.
- Easy admission process: The admission process for studying MBBS at Lorma Colleges is relatively easy and straightforward. Students can apply online and do not have to appear for any entrance exam. This makes it a hassle-free option for Indian students who are looking to study MBBS abroad.
- Easy visa process: The visa process for studying MBBS at Lorma Colleges is also relatively easy. The Philippines offers a student visa to international students who wish to study in the country. The process is straightforward, and students can easily apply for a student visa after receiving their letter of acceptance from Lorma Colleges.
Duration of MBBS in Lorma Colleges Philippines for Indian Students
Indian students have the option to enroll in a six-year MBBS program at Lorma Colleges Philippines located in the Philippines. The program comprises of a pre-medical course, an MD course, and a one-year internship, which equips students with the essential education and practical experience required to excel as medical professionals. Lorma Colleges Philippines is recognized for producing highly competent medical graduates who are presently practicing medicine across the globe.
Faculties in Lorma Colleges Philippines
- College of Medicine The College of Medicine in Lorma Colleges Philippines is one of the top medical schools in the country. It offers a comprehensive curriculum that includes basic sciences, clinical sciences, and community medicine. The faculty is composed of experienced and competent medical practitioners who are dedicated to teaching and mentoring students to become competent and compassionate doctors. The College of Medicine has state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, including a simulation center and a research laboratory, to enhance students’ learning experience. Graduates of this program are well-equipped to take on the challenges of medical practice and research in various fields.
- College of Nursing The College of Nursing in Lorma Colleges Philippines is committed to providing quality education to students who aspire to become registered nurses. The curriculum includes both theoretical and practical aspects of nursing, with emphasis on critical thinking, leadership, and professionalism. The faculty comprises licensed and experienced nurses who provide a supportive learning environment for students. The College of Nursing has partnerships with various hospitals and healthcare institutions, allowing students to have hands-on experience in actual clinical settings. Graduates of this program are competent and compassionate nurses who can provide holistic care to patients and their families.
- College of Pharmacy The College of Pharmacy in Lorma Colleges Philippines offers a four-year program that prepares students to become licensed pharmacists. The curriculum covers pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, pharmacy practice, and drug information, among others. The faculty comprises experienced and licensed pharmacists who are dedicated to mentoring students in becoming competent and ethical healthcare professionals. The College of Pharmacy has a well-equipped laboratory that provides students with hands-on experience in compounding, dispensing, and drug analysis. Graduates of this program can pursue various career opportunities in pharmacy practice, research, and academia.
- College of Medical Laboratory Science The College of Medical Laboratory Science in Lorma Colleges Philippines is committed to providing quality education to students who aspire to become licensed medical technologists. The curriculum includes basic and advanced laboratory techniques, clinical chemistry, hematology, microbiology, and immunology, among others. The faculty comprises licensed and experienced medical technologists who provide a supportive learning environment for students. The College of Medical Laboratory Science has a well-equipped laboratory that provides students with hands-on experience in various laboratory procedures. Graduates of this program are competent and ethical medical technologists who can perform laboratory tests accurately and efficiently.
- College of Physical and Respiratory Therapy The College of Physical and Respiratory Therapy in Lorma Colleges Philippines offers a comprehensive program that prepares students to become licensed physical therapists or respiratory therapists. The curriculum covers anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, therapeutic exercise, and other related subjects. The faculty comprises licensed and experienced therapists who are dedicated to mentoring students in becoming competent and compassionate healthcare professionals. The College of Physical and Respiratory Therapy has modern facilities and equipment, including a therapy gym and a pulmonary function laboratory, to enhance students’ learning experience. Graduates of this program are competent and ethical therapists who can provide quality care to patients with physical and respiratory disorders.
Fees Structure for MBBS in Lorma Colleges Philippines for Indian Students
|Course||Duration||Fees for Indian Students|
|B.S. Pre-Medicine||1.3 years||7000 USD|
|MD Year I||1 year||3000 USD|
|MD Year II||1 year||3000 USD|
|MD Year III||1 year||3000 USD|
|MD Year IV||1 year||3000 USD|
|MD Year IV (1 Semester) + Internship||1.5 year||As per govt. regulations|
Lorma Colleges in the Philippines offers a 6-year MD program for Indian students. The first 1.3 years is the B.S. Pre-Medicine course, which costs 7000 USD for Indian students. The succeeding four years of MD education have a uniform fee structure of 3000 USD per year. The fourth year is further divided into two semesters, with the second semester dedicated to the mandatory internship program. The cost for this semester is determined by government regulations.
It is important to note that the fees listed above are exclusively for Indian students. Fees for international students may vary depending on their country of origin. The fees do not cover additional expenses such as accommodation, food, and transportation.
Global Ranking of Lorma Colleges Philippines
|Ranking||Lorma Colleges Philippines|
According to the latest rankings, Lorma Colleges Philippines is ranked 102 in the country and 9487 in the world. These rankings are a testament to the quality of education and academic programs offered by the institution. Lorma Colleges Philippines is dedicated to providing a world-class education to its students, and its ranking reflects its commitment to excellence.
The ranking is determined based on various factors, including academic reputation, research output, student satisfaction, and internationalization. Lorma Colleges Philippines has demonstrated excellence in these areas, and its ranking reflects this.
The institution is constantly striving to improve its programs and facilities, and it has a strong track record of producing graduates who excel in their chosen fields. Its commitment to academic excellence and innovation has made it a leader in higher education in the Philippines and beyond.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Lorma Colleges Philippines for Indian Students
- Academic Qualifications: To be eligible for MBBS at Lorma Colleges, Indian students must have completed 10+2 or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The candidate must have passed in all subjects and also in English.
- Age Criteria: The minimum age requirement for Indian students to apply for MBBS at Lorma Colleges is 17 years. The maximum age limit is 25 years. However, for reserved category students, there is a relaxation of 5 years.
- NEET Exam: Indian students are required to clear the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to be eligible for MBBS at Lorma Colleges in the Philippines. It is mandatory for all Indian students seeking admission to medical courses abroad to qualify for NEET.
- English Proficiency: Lorma Colleges in the Philippines conducts all its courses in English. Therefore, Indian students must be proficient in English and should provide evidence of English proficiency through tests like IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE.
- Application Process: The application process for MBBS at Lorma Colleges involves the submission of required documents such as academic transcripts, NEET scorecard, and English proficiency test results. Students must also fill in the application form and pay the application fee to complete the application process.
- Visa: Indian students must obtain a student visa to study MBBS at Lorma Colleges in the Philippines. The process of obtaining a student visa involves providing required documents such as a passport, admission letter from Lorma Colleges, financial documents, and a health certificate.
- Health and Medical Insurance: It is mandatory for all international students, including Indian students, to have valid health and medical insurance throughout their course of study at Lorma Colleges in the Philippines.
- Course Duration: The duration of the MBBS program at Lorma Colleges in the Philippines is six years, including one year of internship.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Lorma Colleges Philippines for Indian Students
- Eligibility: The first step in the admission process is to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria set by Lorma Colleges Philippines. Indian students who have completed their 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects, and have secured at least 50% marks are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Exam: Lorma Colleges Philippines conducts an entrance exam for admission to MBBS courses. Indian students must take the exam and secure the required minimum score to be eligible for admission.
- Application Process: Once you have met the eligibility criteria and cleared the entrance exam, you can apply to Lorma Colleges Philippines. The application process typically involves submitting your academic records, entrance exam scores, and other relevant documents. You can apply online or by visiting the Lorma Colleges Philippines admission office.
- Interviews: After your application has been reviewed, you may be called for an interview. The interview is typically conducted by a panel of faculty members from Lorma Colleges Philippines. The purpose of the interview is to evaluate your communication skills, knowledge of the subject, and suitability for the MBBS program.
- Visa and Travel Arrangements: If you are selected for admission, the next step is to obtain a student visa. Lorma Colleges Philippines will provide you with the necessary documents and guidance to obtain the visa. You will also need to make travel arrangements to reach the Philippines.
- Registration and Orientation: Once you arrive at Lorma Colleges Philippines, you will need to complete the registration process. This typically involves submitting your academic records, visa documents, and other relevant information. You will also attend an orientation program where you will be introduced to the campus, faculty, and other students.
- Course Curriculum: The MBBS course at Lorma Colleges Philippines is a 5-year program that includes both classroom instruction and clinical training. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in medical science and prepare them for a career in medicine.
- Accommodation and Facilities: Lorma Colleges Philippines offers a range of accommodation options for students, including dormitories, apartments, and homestays. The campus also has a range of facilities, including a library, laboratories, and a hospital where students can gain practical experience.
- Cost and Financial Aid: The cost of studying MBBS at Lorma Colleges Philippines varies depending on the course, accommodation, and other factors. However, it is generally lower than the cost of studying in other countries. Lorma Colleges Philippines also offers financial aid and scholarships to eligible students.
- Career Opportunities: After completing their MBBS degree from Lorma Colleges Philippines, Indian students can return to India and apply for registration with the Medical Council of India (MCI). Once registered, they can practice medicine in India or pursue further studies or specialization.
Documents Required for MBBS in Lorma Colleges Philippines for Indian Students
- Passport: Indian students planning to study MBBS at Lorma Colleges Philippines must have a valid passport. The passport should have a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of travel to the Philippines.
- Student Visa: Students need to apply for a student visa to study MBBS in Lorma Colleges Philippines. The visa application process involves submitting various documents such as admission letter, passport, academic records, financial records, and other supporting documents.
- Medical Certificate: Indian students must undergo a medical examination and obtain a medical certificate from a licensed physician. The medical certificate must declare the student fit to travel and study in the Philippines.
- Transcript of Records: Students must submit their transcript of records or mark sheet from their previous academic institution. The transcript should be certified and authenticated by the issuing institution.
- English Language Proficiency: Lorma Colleges Philippines requires Indian students to demonstrate their English language proficiency. The minimum required score for TOEFL is 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79-80 (internet-based), while the minimum score for IELTS is 6.5.
- Admission Letter: Indian students must submit their admission letter from Lorma Colleges Philippines. The letter should state the course the student has been accepted to and the duration of the course.
- Financial Documents: Indian students must provide financial documents as proof of their ability to support their education and living expenses in the Philippines. This may include bank statements, income tax returns, scholarship letters, or any other financial documents.
- Police Clearance Certificate: Indian students must obtain a police clearance certificate from their local police department. The certificate should state that the student has no criminal record.
- Vaccination Certificate: Indian students must provide a vaccination certificate for hepatitis B and measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccines.
- Travel and Health Insurance: Indian students are required to have travel and health insurance coverage while studying in Lorma Colleges Philippines. The insurance should cover emergency medical treatment, hospitalization, and repatriation of remains in case of death.
BS Program (Pre – Medicine Program) Syllabus (1.3 Years) in Lorma Colleges Philippines for Indian Students
|1st||Calculus and Analytical Geometry|
|Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy|
|Fundamentals of Genetics|
|Entomology Freshwater Biology|
|Philosophy of Man|
|Education for Sustainable Development|
|Cell and Molecular Biology|
|Politics and Governance/Phil. Const|
|4th||Rizal’s Life Works and Writings|
|Econ/Taxation and Agrarian Reforms|
|Histology and Micro-technique|
|Research in Bio. Sc. (Thesis writing)|
The BS Program (Pre-Medicine Program) Syllabus in Lorma Colleges, Philippines, for Indian students spans a period of 1.3 years. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in biological sciences and prepare them for medical school.
The first semester of the program includes courses in Calculus and Analytical Geometry, Biochemistry, Plant Morpho-Anatomy, Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy, General Physiology, Parasitology, and Evolutionary Biology. These courses are intended to provide students with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of biological sciences, including the structure and function of cells, tissues, and organs.
The second semester of the program includes courses in Plant Physiology, Fundamentals of Genetics, Animal Physiology, Entomology, Freshwater Biology, General Microbiology, Philosophy of Man, and Developmental Biology. These courses build upon the knowledge gained in the first semester and introduce students to more advanced topics in biological sciences, including the mechanisms of genetic inheritance and the physiological processes that underlie the behavior of organisms.
In the third semester of the program, students take courses in Ecology, Education for Sustainable Development, Research Methodology, Systematic Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Comparative Religion, and Politics and Governance/Philippine Constitution. These courses emphasize the application of biological principles to real-world problems, such as environmental conservation and sustainable development.
The fourth and final semester of the program includes courses in Rizal’s Life Works and Writings, Econ/Taxation and Agrarian Reforms, Human Genetics, Radiation Biology, Histology and Micro-technique, Research in Bio. Sc. (Thesis writing), and Immunology. These courses provide students with a broad understanding of the social, political, and economic context in which biological sciences operate, as well as advanced training in specific areas of biology, such as histology and immunology.
Syllabus of MBBS in Lorma Colleges Philippines for Indian Students
The MBBS program at Lorma Colleges consists of five years, with the first two years focusing on pre-clinical subjects, the next two years on clinical subjects, and the final year as an internship in various clinical departments. The following table outlines the syllabus of MBBS in Lorma Colleges for Indian students:
|Year/Subject||Pre-Clinical Years (1st and 2nd year)||Clinical Years (3rd and 4th year)||Internship (5th year)|
|Anatomy||Study of human anatomy and its correlation with other sciences||Anatomy of various systems, including dissection and embryology||Clinical anatomy, with a focus on surgical procedures|
|Physiology||Study of the functions of various organs and systems||Physiology of various systems, including laboratory exercises||Clinical physiology, with a focus on diagnosis and treatment|
|Biochemistry||Study of the chemical processes within living organisms||Biochemistry of various systems, including laboratory exercises||Clinical biochemistry, with a focus on diagnosis and treatment|
|Microbiology||Study of microorganisms and their effects on humans||Microbiology of various systems, including laboratory exercises||Clinical microbiology, with a focus on diagnosis and treatment|
|Pathology||Study of diseases and their effects on the body||Pathology of various systems, including laboratory exercises||Clinical pathology, with a focus on diagnosis and treatment|
|Pharmacology||Study of drugs and their effects on the body||Pharmacology of various systems, including laboratory exercises||Clinical pharmacology, with a focus on prescribing and dosage|
|Behavioral Science||Study of human behavior and its effects on health||Behavioral science in medicine, including patient interactions||Clinical psychology, with a focus on diagnosis and treatment|
|Medicine||Study of diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases||Clinical medicine, including case studies and hospital rounds||Rotations in various medical departments, with a focus on care|
|Surgery||Study of operative procedures and techniques||Clinical surgery, including hands-on experience and procedures||Rotations in various surgical departments, with a focus on care|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||Study of female reproductive health and childbirth||Clinical obstetrics and gynecology, including hands-on experience||Rotations in various departments, with a focus on care|
|Pediatrics||Study of medical care for children and adolescents||Clinical pediatrics, including hands-on experience and procedures||Rotations in various departments, with a focus on care|
|Psychiatry||Study of mental illness and psychological disorders||Clinical psychiatry, including patient interactions and therapy||Rotations in various departments, with a focus on care|
|Community Medicine||Study of healthcare delivery in communities and populations||Clinical community medicine, including outreach programs||Rotations in various community health programs|
|Radiology||Study of medical imaging techniques and their interpretation||Clinical radiology, including hands-on experience and procedures||Rotations in various departments, with a focus on care|
|Pathology||Study of diseases and their effects on the body||Clinical pathology, with a focus on diagnosis and treatment||Rotations in various departments, with a focus on care|
Hostel and Accommodation Available in Lorma Colleges Philippines
- Hostel Facilities: Lorma Colleges offers hostel facilities on-campus, making it easy and convenient for Indian students to find a safe and comfortable place to live while studying. The hostels are equipped with all the necessary amenities, such as comfortable beds, study tables, wardrobes, and clean bathrooms.
- Location: The hostels are conveniently located on-campus, close to the main academic buildings, library, and other campus facilities. This makes it easy for Indian students to access all the resources they need for their studies without having to travel far from their accommodation.
- Room Options: Lorma Colleges provides a range of room options for students to choose from, including single, double, and triple occupancy rooms. This allows Indian students to select a room that best suits their needs and budget.
- Meal Plans: Lorma Colleges offers meal plans for students who stay in the hostel facilities. Indian students can choose from a range of meal plans that cater to different dietary requirements, ensuring that they have access to healthy and nutritious meals throughout their stay.
- Security: Lorma Colleges takes the safety and security of its students seriously. The hostels are equipped with CCTV cameras and 24-hour security personnel, ensuring that Indian students feel safe and secure while staying on-campus.
- Recreation Facilities: Lorma Colleges provides a range of recreation facilities for students, including a sports complex, gym, and swimming pool. Indian students can use these facilities during their free time to stay fit and healthy while also socializing with other students.
- Cost: The cost of accommodation and hostel facilities in Lorma Colleges is affordable compared to other universities and colleges around the world. Indian students can choose from a range of accommodation options that fit their budget without compromising on the quality of living.
- Application Process: Indian students can apply for hostel and accommodation facilities at Lorma Colleges by filling out an online application form. The application process is straightforward, and students can expect a response within a few days of submitting their application.
Cost of Living in Lorma Colleges Philippines
|Category||Estimated Cost Range (INR)|
|Accommodation||7500 – 13,000|
|Food||4000 – 6000|
|Transportation||1500 – 2500|
The above estimates are based on average expenses and may vary depending on individual preferences and lifestyles. It is important for students to budget their expenses accordingly and plan ahead to ensure that they can cover all their costs throughout their stay at Lorma Colleges. It is also recommended for students to consult with their university or educational institution for more accurate and up-to-date information on the cost of living in Lorma Colleges, Philippines.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students
- Studying MBBS in the Philippines is cost-effective as tuition fees are lower compared to countries like the US, UK, Canada, or Australia, making it an attractive advantage for prospective students seeking affordability.
- The education system in the Philippines is well-developed, particularly in the medical field, with numerous medical colleges that are acknowledged by international organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO). The country employs a curriculum that is similar to that of India, which facilitates Indian students’ understanding and adjustment to the concepts. Therefore, students who intend to pursue a medical education in the Philippines can expect to receive high-quality education and excellent training opportunities.
- English as a medium of instruction: The medium of instruction in most medical colleges in the Philippines is English. Indian students, who are proficient in English, find it easier to study and communicate with professors and classmates in the Philippines.
- Clinical Training: The Philippines offers excellent clinical training opportunities for medical students. Many medical colleges in the country are associated with top hospitals, providing students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and enhance their skills.
- Global Recognition: Medical degrees from the Philippines are recognized globally. Students who graduate from medical colleges in the Philippines are eligible to appear for licensing exams in different countries, including the United States, Canada, and India.
- Studying MBBS in the Philippines provides Indian students with the opportunity to engage with peers from various countries and cultures, leading to international exposure. This exposure enables students to expand their perspectives and foster a global outlook, which can significantly benefit their future careers.
- Safe and Secure: The Philippines is a safe country, and the government has taken several measures to ensure the safety of international students. Medical colleges in the Philippines also have dedicated departments to address the safety and security concerns of students.
- Visa Process: The visa process for Indian students to study in the Philippines is relatively simple and straightforward. The government of the Philippines offers student visas to international students, and the process can be completed within a short span of time.
- Hospitality: Filipinos are known for their hospitality and welcoming nature. Indian students studying in the Philippines can expect a warm and friendly environment, which makes their stay comfortable and enjoyable.
- Scholarship Programs: Many medical colleges in the Philippines offer scholarship programs to international students based on their academic performance. These scholarship programs help students reduce the financial burden of studying MBBS in the Philippines.
Why MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students?
- Affordable tuition fees: One of the biggest advantages of pursuing an MBBS degree in the Philippines is that the tuition fees are much lower compared to other countries like the USA, UK, or Canada. This makes it an attractive option for Indian students who may not be able to afford the high cost of medical education in these countries.
- English as the medium of instruction: English is the official language of the Philippines, and this makes it easier for Indian students to adapt to the curriculum and communicate with professors and locals. As Indian students are proficient in English, it is easy for them to understand the lectures and participate in discussions, which is important for academic success.
- Globally recognized degree: The medical degrees awarded by the Philippines are recognized globally, which means that Indian students can practice medicine in India or any other country after clearing the respective licensing exams. Additionally, many of the medical colleges in the Philippines are accredited by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Shorter duration of the course: The MBBS degree in the Philippines typically takes around 5 years to complete, which is shorter compared to other countries where it takes 6-7 years to complete. This means that Indian students can save a year or two and start practicing medicine sooner.
- The medical curriculum offered in the Philippines is modern and incorporates the most recent advancements in medical practices and technologies. Students are provided with diverse clinical exposure, and the teaching approach prioritizes practical training and experiential learning opportunities.
- Cultural similarity: The culture in the Philippines is similar to that of India, which makes it easier for Indian students to adjust and feel at home. Additionally, there are many Indian restaurants and grocery stores in the Philippines, which means that students can easily find familiar food and ingredients.
- Safe and friendly environment: The Philippines is known for its friendly and hospitable people, and Indian students are welcomed with open arms. The country is also considered to be safe for international students, with a low crime rate and a stable political environment.
- Opportunity for international exposure: Pursuing an MBBS degree in the Philippines offers Indian students the opportunity to meet and interact with students from different countries, which broadens their cultural understanding and exposure. This can be an important asset for their future careers as medical professionals.
What is Lorma Colleges?
Lorma Colleges is a private institution located in San Fernando City, La Union, Philippines. It was founded in 1970 and offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs, including medicine.
Is Lorma Colleges recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)?
Yes, Lorma Colleges is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Indian students who complete their MBBS from Lorma Colleges are eligible to take the MCI screening test and practice medicine in India.
What is the duration of the MBBS course at Lorma Colleges?
The MBBS course at Lorma Colleges is of 5.5 years duration, which includes a one-year internship.
What is the medium of instruction at Lorma Colleges?
The medium of instruction at Lorma Colleges is English.
What is the eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply for MBBS at Lorma Colleges?
The eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply for MBBS at Lorma Colleges are as follows:
- The student must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects.
- The student must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in their 10+2 examinations.
What is the admission process for Indian students at Lorma Colleges?
The admission process for Indian students at Lorma Colleges is as follows:
- The student must fill the online application form available on the Lorma Colleges website.
- The student must submit their 10+2 mark sheet, passport, and other relevant documents.
- Application fee payment is required by the student.
- The student must appear for an interview with the admissions committee of Lorma Colleges.
What is the fee structure for MBBS at Lorma Colleges?
The fee structure for MBBS at Lorma Colleges varies from year to year. For the current year, the fee structure is approximately $9,000 per year.
What are the hostel facilities available at Lorma Colleges?
Lorma Colleges provides hostel facilities for its students. The hostels are well-furnished and provide all basic amenities such as Wi-Fi, laundry, and 24/7 security.
Is it safe for Indian students to study at Lorma Colleges?
Yes, it is safe for Indian students to study at Lorma Colleges. The college has a dedicated International Students Office (ISO) that provides assistance to international students and ensures their safety and well-being.
What are the career opportunities after completing MBBS from Lorma Colleges?
After completing MBBS from Lorma Colleges, Indian students can pursue their medical career in India or any other country. They can take the MCI screening test and practice medicine in India or apply for licensure in other countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, etc.
What is the curriculum of the MBBS course at Lorma Colleges?
The MBBS course at Lorma Colleges follows the curriculum set by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) of the Philippines. It includes both theoretical and practical components, with emphasis on hands-on training and clinical exposure.
What is the teaching methodology at Lorma Colleges?
The teaching methodology at Lorma Colleges is student-centered and interactive. The faculty members use a variety of teaching techniques such as lectures, case studies, group discussions, and simulations to enhance students’ learning experience.
What is the ratio of faculty members to students at Lorma Colleges?
The ratio of faculty members to students at Lorma Colleges is around 1:10, which ensures personalized attention to each student.
Are there any scholarships available for Indian students at Lorma Colleges?
Yes, Lorma Colleges offers scholarships to meritorious and financially needy students. Indian students can apply for these scholarships based on their academic performance and financial status.
What are the living expenses for Indian students at Lorma Colleges?
The living expenses for Indian students at Lorma Colleges include accommodation, food, transportation, and other personal expenses. The approximate monthly expenses are around $300-$400.
Are there any cultural differences that Indian students should be aware of while studying at Lorma Colleges?
Yes, there may be some cultural differences that Indian students should be aware of while studying at Lorma Colleges. The Philippines has a unique culture and customs, and Indian students should respect them. The college also conducts orientation programs for international students to help them understand the local culture.
What are the extracurricular activities available at Lorma Colleges?
Lorma Colleges has a range of extracurricular activities for students, such as sports, music, dance, theater, and social service. These activities help students to develop their skills and interests and also provide a platform for social interaction.
What is the procedure for obtaining a student visa for the Philippines?
Indian students who are admitted to Lorma Colleges need to apply for a student visa to study in the Philippines. The procedure for obtaining a student visa involves submitting the admission letter, passport, and other relevant documents to the Philippine Embassy in India and paying the visa fee.
What is the job market like for medical graduates from Lorma Colleges?
The job market for medical graduates from Lorma Colleges is good, both in India and abroad. The demand for qualified medical professionals is always high, and graduates from Lorma Colleges are well-equipped to meet the requirements of the healthcare industry.
What is the alumni network of Lorma Colleges like?
Lorma Colleges has a strong alumni network, with graduates spread across the world. The alumni association provides a platform for networking, mentoring, and social service, and also supports the college in various ways.