Kafrelsheikh University is an Egyptian educational institution established in 2006, located in the heart of the Nile Delta in Kafr Elsheikh. The university comprises various faculties including Engineering, Medicine, Physiotherapy and Nursing, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine, Science, Education, Agriculture, Arts, Specific Education, Commerce, and Physical Education. It is a government-funded university, founded under Decree number “129” in 2006, and is considered one of the most prominent educational establishments in Kafr El-Sheikh Governorate.
Kafrelsheikh University offers a wide range of programs on its two campuses. The main campus hosts several faculties such as Agriculture, Commerce, Engineering, Specific Education, Arts, Physical Education, Science, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Hospital, Aquatic & Fisheries, Computer Science and Information, Alson (Languages). Additionally, it includes scientific institutes like the Institute of Technology and Nano-science, the Institute of Drug Discovery and Development, and the Technical Nursing Institute. The second campus is dedicated to the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Education.
The University adopts both the credit-hour and traditional systems of offering educational programs for its various faculties and scientific specialties. It offers undergraduate programs leading to a Bachelor of Science degree, as well as postgraduate study programs including diplomas, master’s degrees, and doctorates.
Kafrelsheikh University has a student population of over 60,000 undergraduate, 8,000 graduate, and professional students. The academic programs are designed to create dynamic environments that engage students in learning, and the university’s strong commitment to each student ensures that programs are both academically challenging and personally supportive. The university is equipped with modern scientific equipment and data shows in all classrooms, labs, and lecture halls. Furthermore, each faculty has a well-stocked library with textbooks and periodicals covering various disciplines. All university buildings are surrounded by green areas and wide roads and are connected to the Egyptian network of universities.
Kafrelsheikh University is renowned for its prestige due to the following reasons:
- Distinguished infrastructure.
- Establishment of new faculties and research institutes.
- Introduction of novel research and educational programs.
- Opportunities for exchange and studying abroad.
- Attracts students and academic staff from across the globe.
- Recognized for high-quality teaching and education with representation from over 20 nationalities on campus.
Partners with organizations worldwide to enhance research excellence and innovative teaching with a global impact.
Check Your Eligibility
Kafrelsheikh University is an Egyptian public university located in the city of Kafrelsheikh in the Nile Delta region. The university was established in 2006 and offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields of study. Here are some key points about Kafrelsheikh University:
- Faculties: Kafrelsheikh University has 15 faculties, including faculties of Agriculture, Engineering, Commerce, Medicine, and Education, among others.
- Campus: The university’s campus is located on the outskirts of the city of Kafrelsheikh and covers an area of over 200 acres. The campus is equipped with modern facilities, including classrooms, laboratories, sports facilities, and a library.
- Programs: Kafrelsheikh University offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields of study, including agriculture, engineering, commerce, medicine, and education, among others. The university also offers several specialized programs in areas such as nanotechnology, biotechnology, and renewable energy.
- Research: Kafrelsheikh University is committed to promoting research and innovation in various fields of study. The university has several research centers and institutes, including the Center for Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials, the Institute of Environmental Studies and Research, and the Institute of Medical Research and Infectious Diseases.
- Student life: Kafrelsheikh University has a vibrant student community, with various clubs and societies catering to different interests. The university also has sports facilities, including a gymnasium and a soccer field, where students can engage in physical activities.
- International collaborations: Kafrelsheikh University has established partnerships with several universities and institutions around the world, including in the United States, Europe, and Asia. These collaborations facilitate the exchange of knowledge and expertise, as well as student and faculty exchanges.
- Quality assurance: Kafrelsheikh University is committed to maintaining high standards of education and has implemented several quality assurance measures, including regular program reviews and accreditation by national and international bodies.
- Community outreach: Kafrelsheikh University is actively involved in community outreach activities, including providing healthcare services to rural communities and promoting environmental sustainability.
Affiliations and Recognitions of Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in Egypt, which confirms that the university meets the country’s standards for higher education.
- The Medical Council of India (MCI) has recognized Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine, ensuring that its medical programs meet the standards required by the MCI.
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is included in the World Health Organization’s (WHO) list of recognized medical schools, indicating that the university meets global standards for medical education.
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is recognized by UNESCO for its commitment to academic excellence and its contribution to knowledge and culture.
- The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) in the United States has recognized Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine, indicating that its medical programs meet eligibility requirements.
- The Australian Medical Council (AMC) has recognized Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine, ensuring that its medical programs meet the standards required for medical registration in Australia.
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is recognized by the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) in the United Kingdom, indicating that its medical programs meet eligibility requirements for the PLAB test.
- The Medical Council of Canada (MCC) has recognized Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine, ensuring that its medical programs meet the standards required for eligibility to take the MCCQE.
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is a member of the Arab Universities Association, which promotes collaboration and supports the development of higher education in the Arab world.
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is a member of the Association of African Universities, which promotes collaboration and supports the development of higher education in Africa.
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is a member of the International Association of Universities, which promotes collaboration and supports the development of higher education globally.
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is affiliated with the European Union’s Erasmus+ Program, which supports international cooperation and mobility in higher education.
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is affiliated with the Fulbright Program, which promotes educational and cultural exchange between the United States and other countries.
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is affiliated with the Arab-European Association for Education and Training, which promotes collaboration and supports the development of higher education in the Arab world and Europe.
Why MBBS in Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students?
- Affordable tuition fees: Compared to other countries, studying MBBS in Egypt is much more affordable. The tuition fees at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine are reasonable, making it an attractive option for Indian students who may not have the financial means to pursue a medical degree in other countries.
- High-quality education: The Faculty of Medicine at Kafrelsheikh University is renowned for its high-quality education. The faculty members are experienced and knowledgeable, and the curriculum is designed to prepare students for a successful medical career.
- English as the medium of instruction: The medium of instruction for MBBS at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is English, which is a major advantage for Indian students who may not be proficient in Arabic. This helps to ensure that students can focus on their studies without any language barriers.
- Recognition by Medical Council of India (MCI): Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), which means that Indian students who graduate from this institution are eligible to take the MCI screening test and practice medicine in India.
- Clinical exposure: The faculty has partnerships with various hospitals and healthcare facilities in the region, providing ample clinical exposure to the students. This helps the students gain practical experience, which is essential for their medical education.
- International student community: Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine has a large and diverse international student community, including many Indian students. This provides students with the opportunity to interact with peers from different backgrounds and cultures, enriching their overall learning experience.
- Safe and welcoming environment: Egypt is known for its welcoming and hospitable culture, and Kafrelsheikh University is no exception. The university provides a safe and secure environment for its students, making it an ideal choice for Indian students who are looking for a safe and comfortable place to pursue their studies.
- Cultural and historical significance: Egypt is home to many historical and cultural landmarks, making it an attractive destination for students who are interested in exploring different cultures and traditions. Kafrelsheikh University is located in close proximity to many of these landmarks, providing students with ample opportunities for cultural exploration.
- Opportunities for research: Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine provides students with opportunities for research and academic excellence. The faculty has a strong research focus, providing students with the opportunity to engage in research activities and contribute to the advancement of medical science.
- International recognition: Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is internationally recognized, with graduates working in medical institutions around the world. This provides students with a competitive edge in the job market, as they are equipped with the skills and knowledge required to excel in their medical careers.
Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine Overview
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is located in Kafrelsheikh, Egypt.
- The Faculty was established in 2006.
- It is a public university.
- The Faculty of Medicine at Kafrelsheikh University is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- To be eligible for admission to the university’s medical program, a student must have an aggregate of 70% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The course duration for the medical program at Kafrelsheikh University is 6 years.
- Students are required to pass the national Thanaweya Amma examination or an equivalent international examination to be eligible for admission to the medical program.
- Students are also required to pass the university’s admission test and personal interview.
- The medium of instruction for the medical program at Kafrelsheikh University is English.
- The curriculum is divided into two stages: the preclinical stage, which lasts for 3 years, and the clinical stage, which lasts for 3 years. The preclinical stage covers basic medical sciences such as anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology. The clinical stage covers clinical medicine and surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, and community medicine.
- The Faculty of Medicine at Kafrelsheikh University has modern facilities, including well-equipped laboratories, lecture halls, and a library.
- The Faculty also has a teaching hospital, which provides students with clinical training and experience.
- After completing the medical program, graduates receive a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree, which is recognized worldwide.
- Graduates can pursue further specialization in various medical fields by completing residency programs or postgraduate studies.
Advantages of MBBS in Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
- Affordable cost: The total cost of the 5-year MBBS course at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is comparatively affordable at approximately $58,000 USD.
- Safe and secure campus: The university ensures a ragging-free and safe campus for all students, providing a secure environment to focus on their studies.
- Practical exposure: Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine provides practical knowledge and research opportunities to its students, along with exposure to sports clubs, social services, and humanitarian activities, allowing for overall personality development and various achievements by students.
- Hygienic and nutritious food: The university has a cafeteria that serves hygienic and nutritious food, including Indian cuisine, at subsidized rates, saving students from the hassle of searching for healthy food outside the campus.
- Quality medical care: The practical training and exposure provided by Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine can help students provide the highest quality medical care at a low cost, ensuring effective treatment for all.
- Structured academic labs: The university provides students with all necessary practical training through structured academic labs, ensuring that they are well-prepared for their future endeavors.
- Professional examinations: Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine conducts four professional examinations at the end of each year, allowing students to evaluate their progress and identify areas where they need to improve.
- Extracurricular activities: The university provides ample opportunities for students to showcase their creativity through various extracurricular activities.
- Development in education: Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine has witnessed remarkable developments in the field of education, providing students with exposure to practical knowledge in every field.
- Excellent infrastructure: The university has excellent clinical facilities, modern infrastructure, and well-equipped laboratories to provide students with the best possible education.
- Secured campus: The university ensures a highly secured campus, which is an essential factor in maintaining students’ interest and well-being.
- Combined graduation and post-graduation: Students can pursue both their graduation and post-graduation at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine, providing a seamless transition from one academic phase to another.
- Spacious classes: The university ensures that classes are not overcrowded, providing students with a comfortable learning environment, especially in these pandemic times.
- No donation or headcount required: Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine does not require any donations or headcounts, making it an affordable and accessible option for all aspiring medical students.
- No entrance exam: The university does not require an entrance exam, reducing the stress and pressure of students during the admission process.
- Modern facilities: The university provides modern facilities such as central heating and cooling systems, laundry facilities, and Indian mess with accommodation facilities.
- Luxurious accommodation: The university provides luxurious accommodation facilities in separate spaces, ensuring students have a comfortable stay during their academic journey.
Duration of MBBS In Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine offers an MBBS program.
- The program has been structured with a timeline of five years for its completion.
- The program is open to international students, including Indian students.
- Indian students can apply to the MBBS program at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine.
- The program is taught in English, so proficiency in English is required for admission.
- Students will receive a medical degree upon completion of the program.
- The program includes both theoretical and practical components to provide a comprehensive medical education.
- Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is accredited by the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education and is recognized by medical councils around the world.
Faculties in Kafrelsheikh University
- Faculty of Medicine The Faculty of Medicine is the primary faculty of the university that provides medical education. The faculty has well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, and hospital facilities. The faculty provides both undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses. Indian students can enroll in the MBBS program, which is a six-year course that includes clinical rotations in hospitals.
- Faculty of Dentistry The Faculty of Dentistry is another faculty that Indian students can consider. The faculty provides dental education and training to undergraduate and postgraduate students. The faculty has well-equipped laboratories and clinics for practical training. Indian students can enroll in the BDS program, which is a five-year course.
- Faculty of Pharmacy The Faculty of Pharmacy is a faculty that offers a four-year undergraduate course in pharmacy. The faculty provides theoretical and practical knowledge of drug composition, drug delivery, and drug therapy. The faculty has well-equipped laboratories for practical training.
- Faculty of Nursing The Faculty of Nursing is a faculty that provides nursing education and training to undergraduate and postgraduate students. The faculty offers a four-year undergraduate course in nursing. The faculty has well-equipped laboratories and hospitals for practical training.
- Faculty of Physical Therapy The Faculty of Physical Therapy is a faculty that provides physical therapy education and training to undergraduate and postgraduate students. The faculty offers a four-year undergraduate course in physical therapy. The faculty has well-equipped laboratories and hospitals for practical training.
- Faculty of Medical Laboratory Sciences The Faculty of Medical Laboratory Sciences is a faculty that provides education and training in medical laboratory sciences to undergraduate and postgraduate students. The faculty offers a four-year undergraduate course in medical laboratory sciences. The faculty has well-equipped laboratories for practical training.
- Faculty of Radiology and Medical Imaging The Faculty of Radiology and Medical Imaging is a faculty that provides education and training in radiology and medical imaging to undergraduate and postgraduate students. The faculty offers a four-year undergraduate course in radiology and medical imaging. The faculty has well-equipped laboratories for practical training.
Fee Structure of MBBS in Kafrelsheikh University for Indian Students
Program: MBBS University: Kafrelsheikh University Academic Year: 2023-2024
|2nd-5th||$6000 per year|
Note: The above fee structure is for Indian students. Other expenses such as accommodation, food, and books are not included in the tuition fee and will be additional.
Global Ranking of Kafrelsheikh University
|Ranking System||Year||Rank in Egypt||Rank in Arab Region||Rank in the World|
|Field Weighted Citation Impact||2016||4th||–||–|
|Times Higher Education (THE)||2019||1st||–||601-800th|
|THE Emerging Economies University Rankings||–||–||–||156th|
Note: “-” denotes that the ranking information was not available for that category.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
- Age requirement: You must be at least 17 years old at the time of admission.
- Educational qualifications: You need to have completed your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program from a recognized university and provide a copy of your degree certificate with your application.
- Academic grades: Your grades for the last academic year of study will be considered during the admission process.
- Language proficiency: You must demonstrate proficiency in English by taking either the IELTS or TOEFL exam and achieving the minimum required score.
- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET): You must have qualified for NEET to be eligible for MBBS admission and provide your NEET scorecard with your application.
- Qualification exam: You must have qualified for an examination like HS/’A’ level or any equivalent exam in addition to NEET to be eligible for admission.
- Biology Grade Point Average (GPA): You need to have secured a minimum GPA of 3.5 in Biology at the 12th level.
- Calculation of GPA: Your GPA is calculated based on the top 5 marks in the subjects from the SSC/’O’ level examination or any equivalent examination.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
Step 1: Fill out the application form
- Download the admission form from the university website and fill it out with the name of the college you are applying to.
- Provide personal and educational details, including your academic qualifications and contact information.
Step 2: Submit academic documents
- Submit your X- and XII-mark sheets (educational certificates), Birth Certificate, NEET scorecard, and Passport size photographs.
- These documents will help the university evaluate your academic qualifications and determine your eligibility for admission.
Step 3: Get admit cards attested from Egypt High Commission, Delhi
- Obtain an admit card that has been attested by the Egypt High Commission in Delhi.
- The attestation process verifies the authenticity of your documents and confirms that they have been issued by the relevant authorities.
Step 4: Apply for a passport
- If you do not have a passport, you will need to apply for one before proceeding with the admission process.
- A passport is a crucial document that you will need to travel to Egypt and complete your studies at Suez University.
Step 5: Apply for a Visa Invitation Letter
- Once you have your passport, you can apply for a Visa Invitation Letter from Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine.
- Submit your passport, Medical Fitness Certificate, HIV Report, and passport size photographs with a white background.
- The Visa Invitation Letter confirms that you have been accepted to study at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine and allows you to apply for an Egyptian student visa.
Step 6: Get your visa stamped
- Visit the Egyptian embassy or consulate in your home country to apply for a student visa.
- The visa stamping process verifies that you are authorized to study in Egypt and allows you to enter the country legally.
Step 7: Receive a confirmation offer letter
- After receiving your application and verifying your documents, Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine will send you a confirmation offer letter.
- This letter confirms that you have been admitted to the university and outlines the next steps you need to take to enroll in your chosen program.
Documents Required for MBBS in Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th grades: These marksheets are essential academic records that demonstrate the student’s academic performance in secondary and higher secondary education. The marksheets should be legitimate and issued by a recognized board.
- Passport-size pictures: Six recent passport-size pictures are required for the admission process. The photographs must be clear and show the student’s face against a white background.
- Transfer certificate: A transfer certificate is a document that verifies that the student has completed their education up to a specific level in a specific school or college. The certificate must be issued by the institution and stamped and signed by authorized personnel.
- Passport: A valid passport is required for studying abroad. The passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in Egypt.
- Migration certificate: A migration certificate is issued by the student’s previous institution and certifies that the student has left that institution and is eligible to continue their education at Kafrelsheikh University.
- Medical insurance and HIV test results: Medical insurance is necessary for international students studying in Egypt, and students must provide negative HIV test results from a certified medical facility.
- Medical Council of India eligibility certificate: Indian students pursuing an MBBS degree abroad must obtain an eligibility certificate from the Medical Council of India (MCI) that confirms their eligibility for medical education abroad.
- Birth Certificate: The birth certificate is an official document that verifies the student’s date and place of birth. The birth certificate should be issued by the municipal corporation or the registrar of births and deaths.
- Police clearance certificate: International students must submit a police clearance certificate issued by the police department to demonstrate that they do not have a criminal record.
- Physical fitness certificate: The physical fitness certificate is a document issued by a certified medical practitioner that verifies that the student is fit to participate in academic and extracurricular activities.
- Student Visa: International students who wish to study in Egypt must obtain a student visa from the Egyptian Embassy or Consulate in India.
Syllabus of MBBS in Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
|First Professional Year||1 year and 6 months||Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry||First Professional MBBS exam|
|Second Professional Year||1 year||Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Public Health||Second Professional MBBS exam|
|Third Professional Year||1 year||Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Microbiology, Pathology||Third Professional MBBS exam|
|Final Professional Year||1 year and 6 months||Medicine and Allied Subjects, Surgery and Allied Subjects, Obstetrics and Gynecology||Final Professional MBBS exam|
In the first professional year, which spans 1 year and 6 months, students will be introduced to basic medical sciences. The three subjects covered during this year are anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry, which serve as the foundation for medical education. Upon completion of the first professional year, students will have to take the First Professional MBBS exam to evaluate their knowledge of the subjects covered.
During the second professional year, which lasts for 1 year, students will study community medicine and forensic medicine. They will learn about the healthcare system and the role of healthcare professionals in society. Additionally, students will be introduced to public health and its impact on society, as well as forensic medicine and its role in the justice system. The Second Professional MBBS exam will test their understanding of these subjects.
The third professional year focuses on pharmacology and therapeutics, microbiology, and pathology. Students will study drugs and their uses, microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi and their effects on human health, as well as the study of diseases and their diagnosis. The Third Professional MBBS exam will evaluate their knowledge of these topics.
In the final professional year, which spans 1 year and 6 months, students will be introduced to three modules: medicine and allied subjects, surgery and allied subjects, and obstetrics and gynecology. In the medicine and allied subjects module, students will study various diseases, their diagnosis, and treatment. This module covers cardiology, pulmonology, gastroenterology, and neurology, among other medical topics. The surgery and allied subjects module will introduce students to surgical techniques and procedures, such as general surgery, orthopedics, and urology. Finally, the obstetrics and gynecology module will teach students about pregnancy, childbirth, and female reproductive health. Upon completion of the final professional year, students will take the Final Professional MBBS exam to assess their understanding of the subjects covered.
Hostel and Accommodation Available in Kafrelsheikh University
- Security: The safety and security of students are of paramount importance, and the university ensures this by providing 24*7 CCTV surveillance. The accommodation area is monitored to ensure that students are safe and secure throughout their stay.
- Separate accommodation for boys and girls: The university understands the importance of privacy and safety, and therefore offers separate accommodation for male and female students. This provides students with a safe environment where they can focus on their studies without any distraction.
- Sharing basis: Each room is shared by two or more students. This helps students to socialize and learn from their peers. Living with other students provides opportunities for personal growth, builds friendships, and creates a sense of community among the students.
- WIFI connectivity: Students can stay connected with their peers and access online resources for their academic work as the accommodation provides WIFI connectivity. This is a convenient feature for students who need to work on their assignments or connect with friends and family.
- Mess facility: The university provides a 24-hour mess facility that serves nutritious and healthy food to the students. The food is prepared with proper hygiene, and students can enjoy different cuisines. The mess facility ensures that students are well-fed and healthy throughout their stay.
- Luxurious rooms: The university provides spacious and comfortable rooms that respect the privacy of students. The rooms are well-furnished and equipped with all the necessary amenities that ensure comfortable living. The accommodation area is designed to provide students with a homely atmosphere that helps them to focus on their studies.
Cost of Living in Kafrelsheikh University
|Category||Cost Range||Factors Affecting Cost|
|Food Expenses||Rs. 5000 – Rs. 10,500||Dietary preferences, eating habits, frequency of eating out|
|Transport Cost||Rs. 1500 – Rs. 2500||Mode of transportation, distance traveled|
|Accommodation (If not hostel)||Rs. 7000 – Rs. 13,000||Type of housing, location|
|Other Expenses||Varies||Course of study, academic program requirements|
The cost of living for students at Kafrelsheikh University can be broken down into four main categories: food expenses, transport cost, accommodation (if not staying in the hostel), and other expenses.
Food expenses for students can range from Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10,500. The cost may vary depending on factors such as dietary preferences, eating habits, and the frequency of eating out. Students have the option to cook their meals at home to save costs or choose to dine out, which can be more expensive.
Transportation cost varies between Rs. 1500 to Rs. 2500, depending on the mode of transportation and the distance traveled. Public buses, taxis, and shared minivans are the most common modes of transportation for students, which are relatively cheaper than hiring a private taxi.
Accommodation costs can range from Rs. 7000 to Rs. 13,000, depending on the type of housing and its location. Students can choose to stay in on-campus hostels, which are more affordable, or rent apartments or rooms outside the university, which can be relatively more expensive.
In addition to the above expenses, students may incur other expenses such as textbooks, stationery, internet, and mobile bills. The cost of these expenses can vary depending on the course of study and the requirements of the academic program.
Why MBBS in Egypt for Indian Students?
1. Affordable Tuition Fees
One of the most significant advantages of studying MBBS in Egypt is its affordable tuition fees. Compared to other popular destinations like the USA or the UK, the cost of studying medicine in Egypt is significantly lower. The tuition fees for MBBS in Egypt range from INR 3 to 5 lakhs per year, making it a great option for Indian students who want to pursue medicine without breaking the bank.
2. World-Class Universities
Egypt is home to some of the world’s most prestigious universities, including Cairo University, Ain Shams University, and Alexandria University. These universities offer excellent medical programs and are internationally recognized for their high-quality education. The universities in Egypt have modern infrastructure, state-of-the-art laboratories, and experienced faculty members, which provide a great learning environment for students.
3. English-Medium Programs
Most universities in Egypt offer English-medium medical programs, making it easy for Indian students to study in Egypt. English is widely spoken in Egypt, and students don’t need to learn a new language to study there. This is particularly beneficial for Indian students who may struggle to learn Arabic, which is the official language of Egypt.
4.Hands-On Clinical Training
The MBBS program in Egypt offers hands-on clinical training, which allows students to gain practical experience in a clinical setting. This is a crucial aspect of medical education as it helps students to apply theoretical knowledge in real-life situations. The hospitals in Egypt offer world-class medical facilities, and students have the opportunity to work with experienced doctors and medical professionals.
5. Excellent Career Opportunities
Completing an MBBS degree from an Egyptian university opens up a world of career opportunities for Indian students. Graduates can choose to work in Egypt or return to India to practice medicine. Many Indian students who have completed their MBBS in Egypt have been successful in securing high-paying jobs in India’s private and public healthcare sectors.
6. Cultural Similarities
Egypt and India share many cultural similarities, which makes it easy for Indian students to adjust to life in Egypt. Egypt is a predominantly Muslim country, and Indian students will find many similarities between Egyptian and Indian culture. This makes it easier for Indian students to adapt to life in Egypt and build relationships with their fellow students and the local community.
7. Vibrant Student Life
Egypt has a vibrant student life, and Indian students will have plenty of opportunities to engage in extracurricular activities, such as sports, cultural events, and clubs. This is particularly important for international students who may feel homesick or lonely while studying abroad. The universities in Egypt offer a safe and friendly environment for students to socialize and make new friends.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Egypt for Indian Students
1. Affordable Education
One of the most significant advantages of studying MBBS in Egypt is the affordable cost of education. Compared to medical colleges in India, the tuition fees in Egypt are much lower. Indian students can save a considerable amount of money by studying in Egypt, making it an ideal destination for those who cannot afford the high fees of private medical colleges in India.
2. Excellent Quality of Education
Egypt is known for its excellent quality of medical education. Medical colleges in Egypt are recognized globally and are affiliated with reputed medical institutions. The curriculum is designed to meet international standards and covers all aspects of medical education, including theoretical and practical training.
3. World-Class Infrastructure
Egyptian medical colleges are equipped with world-class infrastructure, modern technology, and state-of-the-art facilities. Students have access to well-equipped laboratories, research centers, and hospitals, which provide them with hands-on experience and practical training.
4. Multicultural Environment
Egypt is a multicultural country, and studying in Egypt provides students with the opportunity to interact with students from diverse cultures and backgrounds. It helps students to develop a global perspective and enhances their social and interpersonal skills.
5. English-Taught Programs
Most medical colleges in Egypt offer English-taught programs, making it easy for Indian students to study in Egypt without any language barrier. The medium of instruction is English, which helps students to understand the concepts better and communicate effectively.
6. Internship Opportunities
Egyptian medical colleges offer excellent internship opportunities for students, which help them gain practical experience and exposure to real-world medical situations. The internship programs are designed to provide students with hands-on training and prepare them for a career in medicine.
7. Job Opportunities
After completing their MBBS in Egypt, Indian students have several job opportunities in Egypt and other countries. Egyptian medical degrees are recognized globally, and students can pursue their career in any part of the world. Students can also take up jobs in various sectors, including research, healthcare, and academia.
8. Easy Admission Process
The admission process for medical colleges in Egypt is straightforward and hassle-free. Indian students are required to clear the NEET exam and obtain the necessary eligibility certificates from the Medical Council of India to secure admission to a medical college in Egypt.
9. Cultural Experience
Studying in Egypt provides Indian students with a unique cultural experience. Egypt is a land of ancient civilizations, and students can explore the rich history and culture of Egypt during their stay. They can visit historical monuments, museums, and temples, which can help them gain a better understanding of the country’s culture and heritage.
10. Low Cost of Living
Egypt has a low cost of living compared to many other countries, making it an affordable destination for Indian students. The cost of accommodation, food, and other expenses is significantly lower than in other countries, which makes it easier for students to manage their finances.
What is the duration of the MBBS course at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
The duration of the MBBS course at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is six years. The course is divided into two parts: the first three years are dedicated to basic medical sciences, and the next three years are focused on clinical training.
Is the MBBS degree from Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine recognized in India?
Yes, the MBBS degree from Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is recognized in India. The Medical Council of India (MCI) has recognized the university, and students who graduate from here can appear for the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India.
What is the eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply for the MBBS course at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
The eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply for the MBBS course at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine are as follows:
- The candidate must have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
- The candidate must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in their 10+2 examination.
- The candidate must have a valid NEET score.
What is the medium of instruction at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
The medium of instruction at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine is English. Students are required to have a good command of the English language to be able to follow the lectures and take exams.
What is the cost of studying MBBS at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian students?
The cost of studying MBBS at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian students is comparatively lower than the cost of studying in India. The tuition fees for the entire six-year course are approximately 18,000 USD. In addition to tuition fees, students will have to bear the cost of accommodation, food, and other living expenses.
Is there any scholarship available for Indian students to study MBBS at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
Yes, there are scholarships available for Indian students to study MBBS at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine. The university offers scholarships to students who perform well academically. Additionally, the Government of India offers scholarships to students who want to pursue higher education in foreign countries.
What is the process of admission to the MBBS course at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian students?
The process of admission to the MBBS course at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine for Indian students is as follows:
- The candidate needs to apply online on the university’s website.
- The candidate needs to submit all the required documents, including academic certificates, NEET scorecard, passport copy, and other relevant documents.
- The university will review the application and shortlist the candidates based on their academic performance.
- Those who have been selected as potential candidates will receive an invitation to attend an interview.
- Selection of candidates will depend on their interview performance for the final decision.
What is the hostel facility like for Indian students at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
The university provides hostel facilities for male and female students. The hostels are well-maintained and equipped with all necessary amenities like internet, laundry facilities, and recreational facilities.
What are the job prospects after completing the MBBS course from Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
After completing the MBBS course from Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine, Indian students can either choose to practice in Egypt or return to India to practice medicine. They can also pursue higher education in medical specialties like surgery, pediatrics, gynecology, and many others.
What is the climate like in Kafrelsheikh, Egypt, and how does it affect Indian students?
Kafrelsheikh has a hot desert climate, with summers being very hot and dry. The temperature can rise up to 40°C during summer. Indian students who are not used to such a climate may face difficulties in adjusting initially. However, with time, they can adapt to the climate.
What is the cultural and social environment like in Kafrelsheikh, Egypt, and how does it affect Indian students?
Kafrelsheikh has a rich cultural heritage, and Indian students can experience a different culture and way of life while studying there. The people of Egypt are friendly and hospitable, and Indian students can interact with them and learn about their traditions and customs. However, Indian students should also be aware of the cultural differences and respect them.
How is the quality of education at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine has a reputation for providing quality medical education. The university has modern infrastructure and facilities, and the faculty members are experienced and qualified. The curriculum is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of medical science and clinical practice.
How is the student-teacher ratio at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine maintains a good student-teacher ratio, which ensures that students receive individual attention and guidance from their teachers. The faculty members are accessible and supportive, and students can approach them with their queries and doubts.
What are the extracurricular activities available for Indian students at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
The university has a range of extracurricular activities for students to participate in, including sports, cultural events, and social activities. Indian students can also join clubs and societies related to their interests and hobbies.
What is the visa process for Indian students who want to study at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
Indian students who want to study at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine need to apply for a student visa from the Egyptian embassy in India. They need to submit the required documents, including the offer letter from the university, academic certificates, and passport. The visa process can take up to a few weeks, and students are advised to start the process well in advance.
What are the safety measures for Indian students at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
The university takes the safety and security of its students seriously. The campus has CCTV cameras installed, and security personnel are present round the clock. The university also provides safety tips and guidelines to students to ensure their well-being.
What are the language requirements for Indian students at Kafrelsheikh University Faculty of Medicine?
Indian students need to have a good command of the English language to be able to follow the lectures and communicate with their peers and teachers. They may also need to learn some basic Arabic to interact with the locals and understand the cultural context.