Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is a prominent public medical college located in Tanta, Gharbia, Egypt. It was founded in 1962 and has since been recognized as one of the top medical colleges in Egypt. The college is currently under the management of President Mahmoud Zaki, while the dynamic academic staff is led by Medical Faculty Dean Prof. Ahmed Ghoneim. The college has over 132,788 students, of which 89% are undergraduates and 11% are postgraduates. The most probable estimate of the previous year’s classroom is about 3,644 students, with females comprising 44% of the total occupancy.
Initially, Tanta University was established in 1962 with only the Faculty of Medicine. However, it underwent numerous developments and became an independent university in 1972, known as the University of Middle Delta. This university offers a full range of academic specialties in various areas, including medicine, science, agriculture, and education. In 1973, the university’s name was changed to Tanta University.
Tanta University Faculty of Medicine boasts of a rich history and an excellent academic reputation. The faculty has state-of-the-art facilities and offers a comprehensive range of courses and programs. The college’s primary goal is to provide high-quality medical education and training to its students and prepare them to become competent healthcare professionals. The college also offers various research opportunities to its students and faculty members to contribute to the advancement of medical science.
The faculty has an outstanding team of academic staff, who are highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields. They are committed to providing the best education and training to the students and helping them achieve their full potential. The faculty members are actively involved in research and have published numerous papers in prestigious medical journals.
The college has a diverse student body, comprising students from various cultural and ethnic backgrounds. The faculty provides a supportive learning environment that encourages students to collaborate and exchange ideas with their peers. The college also offers various extracurricular activities, including sports, cultural events, and community service programs, to enrich the students’ overall learning experience.
Tanta University Faculty of Medicine has an excellent infrastructure that includes well-equipped lecture halls, laboratories, libraries, and clinical training facilities. The college also has a modern hospital that provides high-quality healthcare services to the community and offers an excellent learning environment for the students. The hospital has a team of experienced medical professionals who are committed to providing the best care to their patients and helping the students gain hands-on experience in a clinical setting.
Check Your Eligibility
Affiliations and Recognitions of Tanta University Faculty of Medicine
- Ministry of Higher Education: The Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is affiliated with the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education. This affiliation indicates that the university meets the necessary standards for higher education in Egypt.
- UNESCO: The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) have recognized the Tanta University Faculty of Medicine. This recognition is a testament to the quality of education and research being conducted at the university.
- NMC: The National Medical Commission (NMC) in India has accredited the Tanta University Faculty of Medicine. This accreditation means that graduates from the university can practice medicine in India.
- WHO: The World Health Organization (WHO) has recognized the Tanta University Faculty of Medicine. This recognition indicates that the university meets the necessary standards for medical education and training as set by the WHO.
- AMC Australia: The Australian Medical Council (AMC) has recognized the Tanta University Faculty of Medicine. This recognition means that graduates from the university can practice medicine in Australia.
- MCC Canada: The Medical Council of Canada (MCC) has recognized the Tanta University Faculty of Medicine. This recognition means that graduates from the university can practice medicine in Canada.
- UK PLAB: The Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is recognized by the Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) in the United Kingdom. This recognition means that graduates from the university can take the PLAB exam, which is necessary for practicing medicine in the UK.
- ECFMG: The Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) has recognized the Tanta University Faculty of Medicine. This recognition means that graduates from the university can practice medicine in the United States.
Why Study MBBS at Tanta University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students?
- Affordable Fees: One of the primary reasons for choosing Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is the affordable fees. Despite being a top-class college, the fees are reasonable and fit in the pocket of the middle and lower class. This makes it an accessible option for students who want to pursue MBBS without breaking the bank.
- Quality Education: Tanta University Faculty of Medicine provides holistic education to its students, which helps them excel in every sphere. The highly qualified professors guide students to learn every aspect of their degree and career in both theoretical and practical ways. This gives students an extra foreign exposure to planning up an international medical career.
- Advanced Technology and Top-notch Facilities: The college is equipped with advanced technology and top-notch facilities like exemplary laboratories, spacious classrooms, departmental museums, library, reading rooms, research rooms, cafeterias, sports complexes, etc. This ensures that students have access to the latest tools and resources needed to excel in their studies.
- Emphasis on Teamwork and Medical Research: Tanta University Faculty of Medicine encourages a teamwork culture, medical research, and guide through different scores like extensive lectures, group projects, practical field workshops, eminent alumni meets, etc. This provides students with an opportunity to work collaboratively and contribute to medical research. It also helps them gain practical knowledge and guidance from an early stage, which proves to be helpful in advancing their career in the future.
- Specialization and Research Opportunities: Tanta University Faculty of Medicine provides different types of education in medicine and helps in specialization as well as research work. This means that students have the opportunity to specialize in a particular area of medicine and conduct research in that area.
- Campus Life: The college has an excellent spacious campus, which provides students with the opportunity to join different clubs, cultural activities, sports, and extracurricular activities. This helps students to unwind after a hectic academic schedule and also ensures that they have a well-rounded experience.
- Hostel and Sanitation Facilities: Tanta University Faculty of Medicine maintains good decorum and order with regard to hostels and sanitation facilities. Separate facilities are available for boys and girls, which ensures a safe and comfortable living experience.
- Course Duration and Medium of Instruction: The college offers a four and half years course of MBBS study degree with a year of internship after graduation. The medium of instruction is English, which makes it quite easier for students to adapt and grasp studies efficiently.
Tanta University Faculty of Medicine Overview
Tanta University – Faculty of Medicine is a public institution that was established in 1962. The faculty offers a five-year undergraduate medical degree program that is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
To be eligible for admission to the faculty, candidates must have a minimum aggregate score of 70% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their 10+2 exams. Additionally, they must have also cleared the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), which is a compulsory exam for admission to medical colleges in India.
One of the advantages of studying at the Tanta University – Faculty of Medicine is that candidates are not required to take the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or TOFEL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exams. The medium of instruction at the faculty is English, which makes it an attractive option for international students who are looking to study medicine in Egypt.
Here are some key points about the Tanta University – Faculty of Medicine:
- Established in 1962, Tanta University – Faculty of Medicine is a public institution that offers a five-year undergraduate medical degree program.
- The medical degree program is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- To be eligible for admission to the faculty, candidates must have a minimum aggregate score of 70% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their 10+2 exams, and they must have also cleared the NEET exam.
- One of the advantages of studying at the Tanta University – Faculty of Medicine is that candidates are not required to take the IELTS or TOFEL exams.
- The medium of instruction at the faculty is English, which makes it an attractive option for international students who are looking to study medicine in Egypt.
- The faculty has a well-established curriculum that focuses on both theoretical and practical aspects of medicine.
- The faculty has experienced and qualified faculty members who are dedicated to providing quality education to their students.
- The faculty has a well-equipped library that has a vast collection of books, journals, and other reference materials.
- The faculty also has well-equipped laboratories that provide students with hands-on experience in various medical procedures.
- The faculty has a strong focus on research, and students are encouraged to participate in research activities and projects.
- The faculty has tie-ups with various hospitals and healthcare institutions, which provides students with opportunities for clinical exposure and internships.
Advantages of Studying MBBS at Tanta University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
- Low Fees: The cost of studying at Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is considerably lower than that of Indian private medical colleges. This makes it an affordable option for students who want to pursue medicine without putting too much financial strain on their families.
- All-around Development: The curriculum syllabus at Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is designed to ensure the all-around development of a student. The focus is not only on theoretical knowledge but also on practical skills, research, and value-based studies. This helps students develop a holistic understanding of the field of medicine and become well-rounded professionals.
- Professional Medical Staff: Tanta University Faculty of Medicine has highly professional medical staff who are committed to providing quality education and training to students. They are well-versed in the latest medical practices and techniques, and are dedicated to imparting their knowledge and expertise to the next generation of doctors.
- Modern Amenities: The university has state-of-the-art facilities and modern amenities that ensure a comfortable and conducive learning environment for students. The classrooms, labs, and libraries are equipped with the latest technology, making it easier for students to learn and conduct research.
- Practical Experience: The theoretical teaching at Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is complemented by practical field workshops, case-based learnings, and guided research works. This helps students gain hands-on experience in medical practices and develop a high level of medical skills, including research techniques and methodology. Moreover, they gain the ability to apply their knowledge in appropriate ways when it comes to medical practices.
- International Exposure: Tanta University Faculty of Medicine provides students with foreign exposure, helping them to build their careers at the international level. The university has partnerships with renowned medical institutions around the world, allowing students to gain exposure to different medical systems and practices. This exposure can be invaluable in terms of broadening their perspectives and enhancing their career prospects.
- Early Exposure to Practical World: Tanta University Faculty of Medicine exposes students to the practical world early on. They treat people under proper guidance and gain experience alongside their studies. This early exposure to the practical world helps them become better prepared for their future roles as doctors.
Duration of MBBS In Tanta University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
- The course takes a total of 7 years to complete, which includes 5 years of classroom study and 2 years of internship.
- During the first 5 years, students will focus on theoretical and research-based studies. They will learn about various medical disciplines, including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, microbiology, and more.
- The final 2 years of the course will be dedicated to internship or practical experience. Students will have the opportunity to work in hospitals or clinics and gain hands-on experience in various medical fields. This practical experience is crucial for any medical student and is a prerequisite for applying for a medical license in India or any other country.
- Internship is an essential part of the course, and students must complete it to graduate from Tanta University Faculty of Medicine. Without completing the internship, students cannot receive their degree or apply for a medical license.
Faculties in Tanta University
- Faculty of General Medicine (MBBS) The Faculty of General Medicine is one of the oldest and most prestigious faculties in Tanta University. It offers a comprehensive and rigorous program that covers various medical fields, including anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, microbiology, surgery, and others. The program is designed to prepare students to become qualified medical professionals who can diagnose and treat various diseases and medical conditions. The faculty has state-of-the-art labs, clinics, and hospitals, where students can gain practical experience and apply their theoretical knowledge in real-life situations.
- Faculty of Pediatrics The Faculty of Pediatrics is another important faculty in Tanta University, which focuses on the study and treatment of children’s health issues. The program covers various topics related to child health, including neonatology, growth and development, nutrition, immunology, infectious diseases, and others. The faculty has advanced equipment and facilities, such as the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), where students can learn and practice specialized skills in treating premature infants and newborns.
- Faculty of Preventive Care The Faculty of Preventive Care is a unique faculty in Tanta University that offers programs related to public health and disease prevention. The program covers various areas, including epidemiology, biostatistics, health promotion, environmental health, occupational health, and others. The faculty aims to educate students on the importance of prevention and early detection of diseases, as well as the promotion of healthy lifestyles and behaviors. Graduates from this faculty can work in various sectors, including healthcare organizations, government agencies, and NGOs.
- Faculty of Dentistry The Faculty of Dentistry is one of the leading faculties in Tanta University, which offers a comprehensive program in oral health and dental care. The program covers various fields, including oral and maxillofacial surgery, prosthodontics, endodontics, periodontology, and others. The faculty has advanced clinics and labs, where students can gain practical experience and apply their knowledge in treating various dental conditions and diseases.
- Faculty of Social Work The Faculty of Social Work is a unique faculty in Tanta University, which offers programs related to social work and community development. The program covers various areas, including human behavior, social policy, community organizing, counseling, and others. The faculty aims to prepare students to become competent social workers who can work with individuals, families, groups, and communities to solve social problems and promote social justice.
- Faculty of Pharmacy The Faculty of Pharmacy is another leading faculty in Tanta University, which offers a comprehensive program in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences. The program covers various fields, including pharmacology, pharmaceutics, medicinal chemistry, pharmacognosy, and others. The faculty has advanced labs and facilities, where students can gain practical experience and apply their knowledge in developing and producing drugs and pharmaceutical products.
Fee Structure for MBBS in Tanta University for Indian Students
|Year of Study||Tuition Fee||Additional Fees||Payment Options|
|First year||$7500||Registration, Exam, Lab Fees||Full Payment or Installment Plan|
|Second to Fifth year||$6000||Registration, Exam, Lab Fees||Full Payment or Installment Plan|
- The tuition fee for the first year is higher compared to the subsequent years. This is because the first year involves more introductory courses and practical classes.
- For the second to fifth year of study, the tuition fee is reduced to $6000. This fee covers the remaining years of your medical education at Tanta University Faculty of Medicine.
- In addition to the tuition fee, you’ll also need to pay registration fees, examination fees, and laboratory fees. The exact amount of these fees may vary from year to year, so it’s important to check with the university for the latest information.
- Tanta University offers multiple payment options for students. You can choose to pay the fees in full at the beginning of each academic year, or you can opt for an installment plan. The installment plan allows you to pay the fees in multiple installments over the course of the academic year.
- It’s also important to keep in mind that the fee structure may change in the future. It’s important to stay updated with the latest information from the university regarding fees and payment options.
Global Ranking of Tanta University Faculty of Medicine
The 2023-2024 ranking for the Faculty of Medicine at Tanta University in Egypt is 14th in the country and 4397th in the world.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Tanta University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
- Age Requirement: Students who wish to apply for MBBS at Tanta University Faculty of Medicine must be at least 17 years old by 31st July of the year in which they are seeking admission. Additionally, applicants must be less than 25 years old.
- Academic Qualifications: To be eligible for admission, applicants must have cleared their 10th and 12th exams, securing a minimum of 70% marks or 7 GPA. It is important to note that these marks or GPA scores must be obtained from a recognized educational board or institution.
- Qualifying NEET Exam: NEET is a mandatory entrance exam that all medical aspirants in India must clear to be eligible for MBBS admission in any medical college in India or abroad. Similarly, candidates seeking admission to Tanta University Faculty of Medicine must also have qualified NEET with a good score.
- Medical Examination: It is mandatory for all applicants to undergo a medical examination to ensure that they are physically and mentally fit to pursue MBBS. Candidates who have physical, mental, or refractory disorders will not be admitted to the program.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Tanta University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
Step 1: Take the NEET Exam
To apply to the Faculty of Medicine at Tanta University, the first step is to take the NEET exam. NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, and it is a national-level exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate medical programs in India and Egypt.
Step 2: Meet the Minimum Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to the Faculty of Medicine at Tanta University, you must score at least 50% marks in all three subjects (Biology, Physics, and Chemistry) in the NEET exam. If you meet this minimum eligibility criteria, you can proceed to the next step of the admission process.
Step 3: Register on the Website
To start the admission process, you must register on the Tanta University website with your personal details. This will create your account and allow you to apply for admission to the Faculty of Medicine.
Step 4: Apply for Admission
Once you have registered on the website, you can apply for admission by filling out the application form and uploading the required documents. The documents that you need to submit include your NEET scorecard, high school certificate, birth certificate, passport-sized photograph, and proof of payment of the application fee.
Step 5: Verification and Approval of Documents
After you submit your application, your documents will be verified and approved by the university. If your application is complete and all the documents are in order, you will receive an admission letter via email within seven days. You will be required to submit the original documents within 15 days of receiving the admission letter.
Step 6: Approval and Invitation Letter
Once your documents have been verified and approved, the Ministry of Higher Education will issue an approval letter for your admission. You will also receive an invitation letter from Tanta University, which will provide details about your program of study and accommodation options.
Step 7: Pay Tuition Fees
The final step of the admission process is to pay the tuition fees to Tanta University’s Faculty of Medicine. You can do this by depositing the fees in the university’s bank account. Once you have paid the fees, you will be officially enrolled in the program.
Document Required for MBBS in Tanta University Faculty of Medicine for Indian Students
- Birth Certificate: A certified copy of your birth certificate must be submitted as proof of your age and identity.
- NEET Report Card: Indian students must also provide a report card for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), which is required for admission to medical colleges in India.
- Attested Photocopies: All documents should be attested from the foreign ministry of your country. This means that you need to submit photocopies of all the documents, which should be attested by the foreign ministry of India. This is necessary to ensure that the documents are genuine and valid.
- Valid Passport: You must provide a photocopy of your valid passport, which should have a validity of at least three months from the date of submission. This is essential for obtaining a student visa to study in Egypt.
- Health Certificate: A health certificate, issued by a certified medical practitioner, is also required. This certificate should state that you are fit to undertake medical studies and that you have no infectious diseases.
- Passport Size Photos: You need to submit passport size photographs, which will be used for your identification card, student visa, and other official documents.
- High School Completion Board Certificate: A certified copy of your high school completion board certificate should be provided. This document is essential to prove that you have completed your secondary education.
- 12th Class Completion Board Certificate: You must also provide a certified copy of your 12th class completion board certificate. This document is necessary to prove that you have successfully completed your higher secondary education.
- Invitation Letter: Finally, you must obtain an invitation letter from Tanta University, which confirms that you have been accepted for admission to the Faculty of Medicine. This letter should be submitted along with the other documents mentioned above.
Syllabus of MBBS in Tanta University Faculty of Medicine Medical for Indian Students
Syllabus of MBBS in Tanta University – Faculty of Medicine Medical is divided into four professional years, covering various subjects that are fundamental to the practice of medicine. The course structure and duration are given in the table below.
|1 year and 6 months||Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry||First Professional MBBS|
|1 year||Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine||Second Professional MBBS|
|1 year||Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Microbiology, Pathology||Third Professional MBBS|
|1 year and 6 months||Medicine and Allied Subjects, Surgery and Allied Subjects, Obstetrics, and Gynecology||Final Professional MBBS|
Let’s take a closer look at each year and the subjects covered in it:
First Professional MBBS:
- Duration: 1 year and 6 months
- Subjects: Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry
- Examination: First Professional MBBS
In the first year and a half of the course, students focus on learning the fundamentals of human anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry. This provides them with a solid foundation on which they can build their knowledge of medical sciences.
Second Professional MBBS:
- Duration: 1 year
- Subjects: Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
- Examination: Second Professional MBBS
In the second year, students shift their focus to understanding the social and legal aspects of medicine. They learn about community medicine, which covers public health, epidemiology, and preventive medicine, and forensic medicine, which deals with legal issues related to medicine.
Third Professional MBBS:
- Duration: 1 year
- Subjects: Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Microbiology, Pathology
- Examination: Third Professional MBBS
In the third year, students delve deeper into the science of medicine. They learn about pharmacology and therapeutics, which cover the use of drugs and other therapies in treating diseases. They also study microbiology, which covers the study of microorganisms and their impact on human health, and pathology, which deals with the study of diseases.
Final Professional MBBS:
- Duration: 1 year and 6 months
- Subjects: Medicine and Allied Subjects, Surgery and Allied Subjects, Obstetrics, and Gynecology
- Examination: Final Professional MBBS
In the final year and a half of the course, students apply their knowledge to clinical practice. They learn about medicine and allied subjects, which include internal medicine and its various subspecialties. They also study surgery and allied subjects, which cover various surgical specialties. Finally, they learn about obstetrics and gynecology, which deal with pregnancy, childbirth, and women’s reproductive health.
Hostel and Accommodation Available in Tanta University Faculty of Medicine
- Location: The hostel is situated in an urban area with good access to transportation systems, making it convenient for students to travel to and from the university.
- High-security standards: The safety of students is given top priority, and the hostel has a high level of security to ensure that students are safe at all times.
- Reading Rooms and Libraries: The hostel has dedicated reading rooms and libraries to provide students with a quiet and conducive environment for studying.
- Cafeteria: The hostel’s cafeteria provides a range of Indian cuisine to cater to the large number of Indian students studying at the university.
- Accommodation options: The hostel offers a choice between single occupancy and sharing, allowing students to choose a living arrangement that best suits their needs.
- Study environment: The hostel provides a conducive study environment with all the necessary facilities to ensure that students can focus on their studies.
- Wi-Fi facilities: The hostel provides 24-hour access to Wi-Fi and broadband internet, enabling students to stay connected with the world and access online resources.
- Affordability: The cost of living in Egypt is relatively low, and the hostel fees are affordable, making it accessible to students from different economic backgrounds.
- Modern amenities: The hostel is equipped with modern amenities and ultra-modern infrastructure for accommodation, ensuring that students have a comfortable and convenient living experience.
- Basic facilities: The hostel provides basic facilities such as laundry, college canteen, mess at each block, and other essential amenities to cater to the needs of students.
- Security and safety: The hostel has round-the-clock security, and emergency services such as a 24-hour hospital, police, total security, water supply, etc., are available to ensure the safety and well-being of students.
- Hygiene and cleanliness: The hostel maintains a high level of hygiene and cleanliness, providing a healthy and hygienic environment for students to live in.
Cost of Living in Tanta University Faculty of Medicine
- Food expenses range from Rs. 4500 to Rs. 6500 per month.
- Transport cost ranges from Rs. 1500 to Rs. 2500 per month.
- Accommodation (if not staying in the hostel) ranges from Rs. 7,500 to Rs. 13,500 per month.
Why MBBS in Egypt for Indian Students?
- Easy Admission Process: The admission process to medical colleges in Egypt is straightforward, and Indian students can easily apply for admission to top-ranked universities. The application process can be completed online, and the required documents can be submitted through email.
- Affordable Packages: Medical colleges in Egypt offer affordable fee packages, making it a suitable destination for Indian students who wish to pursue medical studies without paying high fees. The cost of living in Egypt is also relatively low, making it easier for students to manage their expenses.
- Exposure to Foreign Culture: Studying in Egypt gives Indian students the opportunity to experience a new culture and way of life. This exposure can broaden their perspective and make them more adaptable to new situations, which can be useful in their future careers.
- Foundation for Career Growth: Medical colleges in Egypt provide an excellent foundation for a career in medicine. The teaching methods are holistic, and students receive both theoretical and practical knowledge, which is necessary to become an excellent doctor. This foundation can help Indian students to excel in their future careers.
- High Pass-Out Rate in MCI Screening Test: Medical graduates from Egypt have a high success rate in the MCI Screening Test, also known as the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE), which is mandatory for Indian students to practice medicine in India. This high success rate can provide Indian students with a better chance of passing the exam and practicing medicine in India.
- Quality Teaching: Egypt is known for its quality teaching in medical colleges. The colleges offer a comprehensive curriculum, and the professors are highly qualified and experienced. This quality teaching ensures that students receive the best possible education, which can help them to excel in their careers.
- Direct Admission: Many medical colleges in Egypt provide direct admission to students without requiring them to sit for an entrance exam. This can save Indian students time and effort, as they do not have to prepare for and appear for an entrance exam.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Egypt for Indian Students
- Hassle-Free Visa Processing: Egypt offers a hassle-free visa process for international students, including Indian students. The process is straightforward, and students can easily obtain a student visa with the necessary documents.
- Rich Academic Heritage: Egypt has a rich academic heritage, and scholars and doctors have played a significant role in its history. Egyptian medical professionals are highly regarded, and students studying in Egypt can benefit from their expertise and knowledge.
- Affordable Fees and Financial Aid: Egypt offers low-cost fees for MBBS courses compared to other countries. This makes it an affordable option for Indian students who may not have the financial means to pursue medical education in more expensive countries. Additionally, there are several financial aid options available to students, including scholarships and grants.
- Cultural Exposure: Egypt’s culture is rich and diverse, and students studying MBBS in Egypt can learn a lot from it. From ancient civilizations to modern-day practices, Egypt has a lot to offer in terms of cultural exposure and experience.
- Wide Range of Job Opportunities: Upon completion of their studies, students have a wide range of job opportunities in Egyptian hospitals. The Egyptian healthcare system is constantly growing, and there is a high demand for medical professionals in the country.
- No Capitalization Fees: Egypt does not charge capitalization fees, which is a significant advantage for Indian students. Capitalization fees can add up to a significant amount, and not having to pay them can make a significant difference in terms of overall expenses.
- Friendly and Helpful People: Egyptians are known for their hospitality, and students studying in Egypt can benefit from this. Egyptians are generally friendly and helpful, and they welcome international students with open arms.
What is Tanta University Faculty of Medicine, and where is it located?
Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is a medical school in Tanta, Egypt. It is one of the most prestigious medical schools in Egypt, with a long history of providing high-quality medical education to students from all over the world.
What are the eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply for MBBS at Tanta University?
To be eligible for admission to the Tanta University Faculty of Medicine, Indian students must meet the following criteria:
- They must have completed their 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- They must have a valid NEET scorecard.
- They must have passed the English language proficiency test (such as TOEFL or IELTS).
What is the admission process for Indian students at Tanta University?
The admission process for Indian students at Tanta University is as follows:
- Fill application form online or offline.
- Submit the required documents, including a copy of your passport, educational certificates, and NEET scorecard.
- Pass the English language proficiency test.
- After your application is reviewed and accepted, you will receive an admission letter from the university.
What is the duration of the MBBS program at Tanta University?
The MBBS program at Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is for six years, which includes one year of internship.
What is the medium of instruction at Tanta University for Indian students?
The medium of instruction at Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is English.
What is the fee structure for Indian students at Tanta University?
The fee structure for Indian students at Tanta University varies depending on the program and the year of study. It is advisable to check the official website of the university for the latest fee structure.
Is there any scholarship available for Indian students at Tanta University?
Yes, Tanta University Faculty of Medicine offers scholarships to international students based on their academic performance. Indian students can apply for scholarships after completing their first year of study.
What is the accommodation facility for Indian students at Tanta University?
Tanta University provides separate hostels for male and female students. The hostels are equipped with all the necessary amenities and provide a safe and comfortable environment for students.
What is the visa process for Indian students at Tanta University?
Indian students who have been accepted into Tanta University Faculty of Medicine will need to apply for a student visa. The visa application process can be done online, and the required documents include a copy of the admission letter, a valid passport, and proof of financial support.
What is the job prospectus for Indian students after completing MBBS from Tanta University?
After completing MBBS from Tanta University Faculty of Medicine, Indian students can either pursue higher studies or can practice medicine in India or any other country. Tanta University has a good reputation, and graduates from the university are highly respected in the medical field.
What is the curriculum for the MBBS program at Tanta University?
The MBBS program at Tanta University consists of both theoretical and practical classes. The curriculum covers a range of medical subjects, including anatomy, biochemistry, microbiology, pathology, pharmacology, and more.
What is the teaching methodology at Tanta University?
The teaching methodology at Tanta University involves a mix of lectures, seminars, practical classes, and clinical training. Students get hands-on experience in hospitals and clinics, which helps them develop their clinical skills.
What is the student-to-faculty ratio at Tanta University?
The student-to-faculty ratio at Tanta University Faculty of Medicine is relatively low, which means that students get personalized attention from the faculty. This helps students to clarify their doubts and get better guidance in their studies.
What are the opportunities for research at Tanta University?
Tanta University has a strong research culture, and there are many opportunities for students to get involved in research projects. Students can work with faculty members on research projects, and they can also present their research findings at conferences and seminars.
What is the cultural experience like for Indian students at Tanta University?
Egypt has a rich cultural heritage, and studying at Tanta University provides an excellent opportunity for Indian students to experience a different culture. Students get to interact with people from different backgrounds, learn about Egyptian traditions and customs, and explore the country’s historical sites.
What is the support system like for international students at Tanta University?
Tanta University has a dedicated International Students Office, which provides support to international students throughout their studies. The office helps students with visa applications, accommodation, orientation, and other aspects of student life.
What are the extracurricular activities available for students at Tanta University?
Tanta University has a range of extracurricular activities for students, including sports, cultural events, and student clubs. Students can participate in these activities and develop their skills outside of their academic studies.
What are the safety measures in place for students at Tanta University?
Tanta University has a robust security system in place, with security personnel stationed across the campus. The university also provides a safe and secure environment for students in the hostels and on-campus.
What is the support system like for students who face academic difficulties?
Tanta University has a system in place to provide academic support to students who face difficulties in their studies. The faculty members provide additional coaching, and students can also seek help from the tutoring center on campus.
What are the future prospects for Indian students after studying at Tanta University?
Indian students who graduate from Tanta University Faculty of Medicine have excellent job prospects in India and other countries. The degree is recognized globally, and students can pursue further studies or practice medicine in their home country or abroad.