Angeles University Foundation (AUF) is a non-profit, non-stock educational institution located in Angeles City, Philippines. It was established on May 25, 1962, and was granted university status in 1971 by the Department of Culture, Sports, and Education. As a Catholic university, AUF is committed to providing quality education that is guided by the principles of Catholic teachings.
AUF offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in various fields of study, including Allied Medical Professions, Arts and Sciences, Business and Accountancy, Computer Studies, Criminal Justice Education, Engineering and Architecture, Education, and Nursery. It also has a School of Medicine and a School of Law, which are among the top schools in the country.
One of the things that make AUF stand out among other universities in the Philippines is its high percentage of faculty members who hold graduate degrees. This is a testament to the university’s commitment to academic excellence and its mission to provide quality education to its students.
Check Your Eligibility
The university is located in Angeles City, which is easily accessible via the MacArthur Highway. The nearest airport to AUF is the Clark International Airport, which is only 6.5 kilometers away. This makes it convenient for students, faculty members, and visitors to travel to and from the university.
As a Catholic university, AUF is guided by the principles of Catholic teachings and values. It places great importance on the development of the whole person and emphasizes the integration of faith and reason in its academic programs. The university’s mission is to produce graduates who are not only knowledgeable in their respective fields but also committed to serving others and making a positive impact in society.
AUF has a strong tradition of academic excellence and has produced many notable alumni who have made significant contributions to their respective fields. The university’s faculty members are experts in their fields and are dedicated to providing quality education to their students. They are also actively engaged in research and community service, which further enhances the university’s reputation as a center for academic excellence and social responsibility.
Angeles University Foundation (AUF) is a vast campus that boasts excellent infrastructure and state-of-the-art equipment. The campus is divided into various buildings that house administrative, academic, and executive offices, as well as other business units. The AUF campus comprises of several buildings such as Angeles Hall, AUF Professional Schools, San Agustin and San Lorenzo Halls, and others.
Angeles Hall, constructed in 1982, is a four-story building that is the hub of the university’s administrative and academic activities. It is home to executive and administrative offices, Our Lady of Grace Chapel, St. Cecilia’s Auditorium, engineering, and language laboratories. The AUF Professional Schools, a five-story building, houses the Graduate School, Confucius Institute, School of Law, and the College of Accountancy and Business. The San Agustin and San Lorenzo Halls are home to the College of Nursing, College of Allied Medical Professions, School of Medicine, lecture rooms, classrooms, and science laboratories.
In addition to these buildings, the AUF campus also features the AUF Medical Centre, IT Training Centre, and the Cultural and Sports Centre. The Medical Centre is equipped with modern medical equipment and staffed with highly qualified doctors and nurses. The IT Training Centre provides students with access to the latest computer technology and software. The Cultural and Sports Centre houses various facilities for sports and cultural activities, such as a gymnasium, swimming pool, dance studio, and music room.
The university also has a Counselling and Guidance Centre that provides students with assistance in their personal and academic lives. The centre aims to promote self-expression and self-awareness among students. The counsellors work with students individually or in groups to help them identify their strengths and reach their full potential. The centre’s goal is to help students become responsible and prepared individuals who can make informed decisions.
The Angeles University Foundation courses are designed to prepare students to overcome various challenges and succeed in their careers. The university offers a wide range of courses in various disciplines such as business, law, nursing, medicine, engineering, and many others. The affordable Angeles University Foundation fee structure ensures that students from all backgrounds can access quality education.
The AUF campus is a perfect blend of modernity and tradition. It is equipped with the latest technology and equipment, while also maintaining a serene and peaceful environment. The university’s commitment to providing quality education and preparing students to face the challenges of the future is reflected in its infrastructure and academic programmes.
Angeles University Foundation (AUF) has a strong commitment to promoting research and development, which is evident in the institute’s Open Grant scheme. This program provides funding for well-defined, high-quality research projects that are designed to foster creativity and collaboration among individuals or teams. The research topics may cover various fields, including modern basic research, social sciences, arts, and humanities, applied research, and technological advancements. Moreover, the grant aims to support projects that have programmatic or policy implications, as well as those with marketing or community service potential.
About Angeles City
Angeles City is a highly urbanized city in the Philippines with a rich history and diverse culture. Here are some key points to help you better understand Angeles City:
- American Influence: Angeles City was once home to the largest American Air Force Base outside of the United States, Clark Air Base. As a result, there is a strong American influence in the city, which is reflected in monuments, street names, food, and more.
- International History: Angeles City has a long and varied history, with influences from the Spanish conquistadors, WWII Japanese invaders, and American forces. These historical events are evident in the city’s architecture and culture.
- Ex-Pat Community: When the Clark Air Base closed down, many Americans chose to stay in Angeles City. This has led to the development of a strong ex-pat community and a variety of shops and restaurants catering to western tastes.
- Climate: Angeles City has a tropical savanna and tropical monsoon climate. The wettest months are between May and October, with the rest of the year being relatively dry. June is the hottest month, with temperatures reaching around 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Historical Memorials: There are numerous memorials throughout Angeles City that honor American forces, including the Clark Veterans Cemetery, which is the largest American cemetery in the Philippines. These monuments serve as reminders of the city’s unique history and the sacrifices made by those who fought for their country.
- Neighborhoods: Many neighborhoods in Angeles City were once the stomping grounds for American troops, and you can still see remnants of this today. Some of these neighborhoods have become popular tourist destinations, attracting visitors who are interested in the city’s history and culture.
- Food: Angeles City is known for its diverse and flavorful cuisine, which includes both traditional Filipino dishes and international cuisine influenced by the city’s history. You can find everything from street food to fine dining restaurants throughout the city.
- Nightlife: Angeles City is also known for its vibrant nightlife, with a variety of bars, clubs, and entertainment venues catering to both locals and tourists. The city is particularly popular among those seeking a lively party scene.
Affiliations and Recognitions of Angeles University FoundationAffiliations and Recognitions of Angeles University Foundation
Angeles University Foundation (AUF) is a well-respected institution in the Philippines that offers quality medical education. The college has been recognized by various organizations, attesting to its adherence to global standards in medical education and its commitment to providing high-quality education to its students. Some of these affiliations and recognitions are as follows:
- Commission on Higher Education (CHED): The regulatory body for higher education in the Philippines recognizes AUF, affirming that the college meets the government’s standards and provides quality education to its students.
- World Health Organization (WHO): As a United Nations agency responsible for promoting global public health, WHO recognizes AUF, which demonstrates the college’s adherence to WHO guidelines and highlights its commitment to promoting global health.
- Medical Board of California (MBC): The regulatory body for medical practitioners in California, USA, recognizes AUF, which allows the college’s graduates to apply for a license to practice medicine in California. This recognition is an affirmation of the quality of education provided by the college and the competency of its graduates.
- Association of Philippine Medical Colleges (APMC): A national organization of medical colleges in the Philippines, APMC recognizes AUF as a member, indicating that the college meets the APMC’s standards and is committed to providing quality medical education in the country.
- Medical Council of India (MCI): The regulatory body for medical education in India recognizes AUF, allowing Indian students who graduate from the college to apply for a license to practice medicine in India. This recognition affirms the quality of education provided by the college and the competency of its graduates.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG): A non-profit organization that evaluates the qualifications of international medical graduates, ECFMG recognizes AUF, allowing the college’s graduates to apply for residency programs and practice medicine in the USA. This recognition is an affirmation of the quality of education provided by the college and the competency of its graduates.
- International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE): A global organization that promotes quality assurance in higher education, INQAAHE recognizes AUF as a member, indicating that the college is committed to providing quality medical education and adheres to INQAAHE’s guidelines.
- Philippine PACUCOA, the Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation, is a national organization in the Philippines that accredits higher education programs. AUF’s Doctor of Medicine program has been accredited by PACUCOA, indicating that it meets the organization’s standards for quality medical education in the country. This accreditation guarantees that the college’s Doctor of Medicine program offers a high-quality education and meets the criteria set forth by PACUCOA.
- Asian Medical Students’ Association (AMSA): AUF is a member of AMSA, an international organization for medical students, which provides students with opportunities for networking and collaboration with other medical students from around the world.
- Philippine Association of Medical Colleges-Student Network (PAMC-SN): AUF is a member of PAMC-SN, a national organization of medical college student councils in the Philippines, which allows the college’s student council to participate in activities and events with other medical students across the country.
- Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL): A regional organization of universities and colleges in Southeast Asia, ASAIHL recognizes AUF as a member, which provides opportunities for collaboration and networking with other institutions in the region.
- International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA): AUF is affiliated with IFMSA, a global organization for medical students, which provides opportunities for students to participate in international programs and projects related to public health and medical education.
Why Study MBBS in Angeles University Foundation for Indian Students?
If you’re an Indian student considering pursuing MBBS, the Angeles University Foundation (AUF) in the Philippines may be worth considering. Here are some reasons why:
- MCI approval: AUF is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI), meaning that the degree you receive from AUF is recognized by the MCI and other medical councils around the world.
- Global acceptance: The degree you earn from AUF is accepted across the globe, so you won’t be limited in where you can practice medicine after graduation.
- Affordable fees: AUF offers a low fee structure, making it an economical option for Indian students. The fees are affordable and won’t put a strain on your finances.
- Safe and calm campus environment: The campus environment at AUF is safe and calm, with high-quality infrastructure. You can focus on your studies without worrying about safety concerns.
- International cooperation: AUF has cooperation with many nations, which can provide you with opportunities for international exposure and experiences.
- Easy admission procedure: The admission procedure at AUF is straightforward and hassle-free, making it easy for Indian students to apply and enroll.
- Convenient location: AUF is located in a convenient location that is easily reachable, and is just a short distance from the airport. This makes travel to and from the university more accessible for international students.
- High-quality laboratories and equipment: AUF has well-equipped laboratories and educational equipment, making it one of the most sought-after universities in the region. You’ll have access to the latest equipment and technology to enhance your learning experience.
- Highly qualified faculty: AUF offers high standard education with highly qualified faculty. You’ll be learning from experts in the field who have extensive experience in teaching and practicing medicine.
- Well-designed course structure: The courses offered at AUF are well-designed and structured to provide you with a comprehensive education in medicine. You’ll gain knowledge and skills that will prepare you for a successful career in medicine.
- Latest equipment: AUF Courses are equipped with the latest pieces of equipment, which imparts a touch of excellence in your education. You’ll be learning on state-of-the-art equipment that is at the forefront of medical technology.
- High-ranking university: All of the above factors have contributed to AUF’s high ranking among universities in the region. You can be assured that you’re attending a reputable institution that is recognized for providing high-quality education in medicine.
Angeles University Foundation Overview
Angeles University Foundation (AUF) is a private, non-profit university located in Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines. Established in 1962 by the Society of the Divine Word (SVD) as a basic education institution, AUF has since grown into a comprehensive university offering undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate programs in various fields of study.
Here are some key points about Angeles University Foundation:
- Academic Programs: AUF offers over 80 undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate programs in various fields, including medicine, dentistry, nursing, business, engineering, law, arts and sciences, and hospitality management.
- AUF has earned accreditation from different organizations including the Philippine Commission on Higher Education (CHED), the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA), and the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). This accreditation validates the quality of education provided by AUF and demonstrates that the institution meets the standards set by these accrediting bodies.
- Facilities: AUF has modern and well-equipped facilities, including state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, libraries, and computer centers. The university also has a hospital, a dental clinic, and a hotel and restaurant for its students’ practical training.
- Research: AUF is committed to promoting research and innovation in various fields of study. The university has several research centers, including the Center for Kapampangan Studies, the Center for Disaster Risk Reduction and Management, and the Center for Research and Innovation.
- Internationalization: AUF has partnerships and collaborations with various universities and institutions around the world, including the United States, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and China. The university also has an International Programs Office that facilitates student and faculty exchange programs, study abroad programs, and international research collaborations.
- Community Engagement: AUF is actively involved in community outreach and social responsibility programs. The university has various initiatives, such as the AUF Community Extension Services, the AUF Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Program, and the AUF Green Campus Program.
- Awards and Recognitions: AUF has received various awards and recognitions for its academic excellence, research, and community engagement. The university is a consistent top-performing school in various licensure examinations, such as medicine, nursing, engineering, and law. AUF has also been recognized by the Commission on Higher Education as a Center of Excellence in Nursing and a Center of Development in Medical Education.
- Alumni: AUF has a strong and active alumni network, with graduates who have made significant contributions in various fields, such as medicine, law, business, and politics. The university has produced several board topnotchers and distinguished professionals, including a former Philippine President, Fidel V. Ramos.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Angeles University Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
Quality of Education
Angeles University Foundation has a well-established reputation for providing quality education. The university has a team of experienced and highly qualified faculty members who use modern teaching methods and state-of-the-art technology to impart knowledge. The university is also equipped with advanced laboratories and research facilities which enable students to gain practical knowledge and hands-on experience.
Compared to other countries like the USA, UK, or Canada, the cost of studying MBBS in the Philippines is relatively low. Angeles University Foundation offers an affordable fee structure, making it an attractive option for Indian students who may be on a tight budget. The cost of living in the Philippines is also comparatively lower than in other countries, which makes it an affordable study destination for students.
English Language Instruction
English is the medium of instruction in the Philippines, which is an advantage for Indian students who are fluent in English. Studying in an English-speaking environment helps students to improve their language skills, which is beneficial for their future careers. It also helps them to adapt to a new culture and communicate effectively with their peers and professors.
Recognition by MCI
The Medical Council of India (MCI) recognizes the MBBS degree awarded by Angeles University Foundation, which means Indian students who graduate from the university can practice medicine in India after completing the required formalities. This recognition ensures that students do not face any obstacles in their professional careers and are eligible to apply for postgraduate medical courses in India.
Exposure to a Different Culture
Studying MBBS in a foreign country exposes students to a new culture and way of life. It helps them to broaden their perspectives and gain a better understanding of different customs, traditions, and beliefs. This exposure is not only beneficial for personal growth but also helps students to develop their interpersonal and communication skills, which are essential for a successful medical career.
Opportunities for Clinical Exposure
Angeles University Foundation provides students with ample opportunities for clinical exposure, which is essential for medical students to gain practical experience. The university has a tie-up with different hospitals and medical centers, which enables students to gain practical knowledge and hands-on experience. This exposure prepares students for their future careers and makes them competent medical professionals.
Easy Admission Process
The admission process for MBBS at Angeles University Foundation is relatively simple and straightforward. The university accepts applications from international students and has a dedicated international student office that assists students with the admission process, visa applications, and other requirements. This makes the process of studying in the Philippines hassle-free and straightforward for Indian students.
Duration of MBBS in Angeles University Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
The Angeles University Foundation in the Philippines offers pre-medical and medical courses for students, including Indian students. Indian students who enroll in the program can complete a bachelor’s degree in medicine in six years. The program consists of a pre-medical course, an MD course, and a one-year internship. The curriculum is designed to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to become medical professionals. The Angeles University Foundation has a reputation for producing competent medical graduates who go on to practice medicine in various parts of the world.
Faculties in Angeles University Foundation Philippines
Angeles University Foundation in the Philippines offers a range of faculties for students who are interested in pursuing careers in medicine and healthcare. Some of the top faculties include Pathology, Medicine, Pharmacology, and Internal Medicine.
Pathology is a vital field of study that focuses on the causes and effects of diseases. The Pathology department at AMA School of Medicine provides students with a comprehensive understanding of various diseases, including their diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. The curriculum covers essential topics such as clinical pathology, microbiology, and histopathology, which enable students to identify and diagnose diseases correctly. They also learn about the various laboratory techniques used in disease diagnosis and treatment.
The Medicine department at AMA School of Medicine provides students with a strong foundation in the principles and practice of medicine. It is a broad field that covers the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases. The curriculum includes courses on anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology. Students learn about the human body’s different systems and organs, including their functions, diseases, and treatments. They also learn about the latest medical technologies used in diagnosing and treating diseases.
Pharmacology is another essential field of study in healthcare that focuses on the study of drugs and their effects on the body. The Pharmacology department at AMA School of Medicine offers students a comprehensive understanding of how drugs work and how they can be used to treat diseases. The curriculum covers topics such as drug development, drug interactions, and drug toxicity. Students learn about the different types of drugs, their mechanisms of action, and how they interact with the human body.
The Internal Medicine department at AMA School of Medicine provides students with a thorough understanding of the most common diseases that affect adults, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer. The curriculum includes courses on epidemiology, clinical diagnosis, and treatment. Students learn about the different methods used in diagnosing adult diseases, the latest medical technologies used in treating them, and the different treatment options available.
Fees Structure for MBBS in Angeles University Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
|Pre Medicine – B.S||Bachelor of Science in Pre-Medicine||INR 7,40,300|
|MD||Year I||USD 4,390|
|MD||Year II||USD 5,140|
|MD||Year III||USD 5,190|
|MD||Year IV||USD 5,710|
Indian students who are interested in pursuing a medical degree at Angeles University Foundation can start with the Pre-Medicine program, which is a four-year Bachelor of Science degree. After completing this program, students can proceed to the MD program, which is a four-year medical degree.
The fees for the MD program vary depending on the year of study. For the first year, the fee is USD 4,390, while for the second year, it is USD 5,140. The fee for the third year is USD 5,190, and for the fourth and final year, it is USD 5,710.
In summary, the total cost of pursuing an MBBS degree at Angeles University Foundation for Indian students would be INR 7,40,300 for the Pre-Medicine program and USD 20,430 for the MD program.
Global Ranking of Angeles University Foundation
|Global Ranking||Country Ranking|
Angeles University Foundation has a relatively high global ranking, currently standing at 7599. In its home country, the Philippines, the university ranks at 29. These rankings reflect the university’s performance in terms of academic excellence, research, and reputation among its peers in the global education landscape. The rankings can serve as a useful reference for students and educators seeking to evaluate the quality and standing of universities in the Philippines and worldwide.
Duration of MBBS in Angeles University Foundation
The duration of MBBS course at Angeles University Foundation is six years, consisting of five years of theoretical and practical learning followed by a one-year internship.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in Angeles University Foundation for Indian Students
Angeles University Foundation (AUF) is one of the most prestigious universities in the Philippines, offering an excellent academic program for Indian students seeking to pursue MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery). AUF is known for its state-of-the-art facilities, experienced faculty, and a vibrant campus culture. However, before applying for MBBS at AUF, Indian students must meet certain eligibility criteria.
Here are the eligibility criteria for Indian students to study MBBS at Angeles University Foundation:
- Age Requirement: Indian students must be at least 17 years old and not more than 25 years old on or before December 31 of the year they plan to enroll in AUF.
- Educational Qualification: Indian students must have completed their 10+2 (or equivalent) education with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- NEET Qualification: Indian students must have qualified for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to be eligible to study MBBS at AUF. NEET is a mandatory examination for all medical aspirants in India.
- Language Proficiency: Indian students must be proficient in English, as all the classes are conducted in English. Students can submit their TOEFL/IELTS scores to demonstrate their English proficiency.
- Medical Check-Up: Indian students must undergo a medical check-up and obtain a medical certificate from a registered physician. The medical certificate should state that the student is physically and mentally fit to pursue MBBS at AUF.
- Visa Requirement: Indian students must obtain a student visa to study MBBS at AUF. The university will provide the necessary documents to facilitate the visa process.
- Application Process: Indian students must complete the online application form and submit it along with the required documents, including a copy of their academic transcripts, passport, and NEET scorecard. The university will review the application and notify the students about the admission decision.
- Tuition Fees: Indian students must pay the tuition fees in US dollars. The tuition fee for MBBS at AUF is around $10,000 per year. Indian students can apply for scholarships or financial aid to cover the tuition fees.
- Accommodation: AUF provides on-campus accommodation for international students. Indian students can choose from a range of options, including dormitories, apartments, and guesthouses. The accommodation fees vary depending on the type of accommodation chosen by the student.
- Insurance Requirement: Indian students must obtain health and travel insurance that covers the entire duration of their stay in the Philippines. The insurance should cover medical emergencies, accidents, and repatriation expenses.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Angeles University Foundation for Indian Students
Angeles University Foundation (AUF) is a leading university in the Philippines that offers a range of undergraduate and graduate programs, including medicine. If you are an Indian student interested in pursuing MBBS at AUF, here is a step-by-step guide to the admission process:
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for admission to the MBBS program at AUF, Indian students must meet the following requirements:
- Completed 10+2 education with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as mandatory subjects
- Scored at least 50% in the 10+2 examination
- Completed the NEET exam with a minimum score of 50th percentile
- Must be 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the admission year.
Application Process: Indian students can apply to AUF online by visiting the university’s official website. The application process usually opens in the month of January and continues till the end of June. To complete the application process, certain documents must be provided;
- Scanned copy of the passport
- Scanned copy of the 10+2 mark sheet and certificate
- NEET scorecard
- Passport size photograph
Entrance Exam: After submitting the application form, Indian students need to appear for the AUF entrance exam, which is usually held in July. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions based on Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and is conducted in English. The exam duration is three hours.
Interview: Once the entrance exam is cleared, the shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview. The interview is usually conducted via video call, and the purpose of the interview is to evaluate the candidate’s communication skills, aptitude, and interest in medicine.
Acceptance and Enrollment: After the interview, successful candidates will receive an acceptance letter from AUF. To secure admission, the candidate must pay the admission fee within the specified timeframe. Once the admission fee is paid, the candidate needs to apply for a student visa and complete the enrollment process.
Orientation and Commencement of Classes: The MBBS program at AUF usually starts in August, and the duration of the program is five years. Before the commencement of classes, the university conducts an orientation program for the new students to familiarize them with the campus, facilities, and curriculum.
Documents Required for MBBS in Angeles University Foundation for Indian Students
- Passport: Indian students must have a valid passport to apply for the MBBS program at Angeles University Foundation. The passport must have a validity of at least six months from the date of travel.
- Visa: Indian students must obtain a student visa to study in the PhilippinesIt is crucial to apply for a visa well ahead of time as the process can take multiple weeks to complete.
- Educational documents: You need to provide your academic records, including your high school diploma or equivalent, and your mark sheets. These documents should be attested by the appropriate authorities in India.
- Birth certificate: You need to provide a copy of your birth certificate to prove your age.
- Medical certificate: You need to submit a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner in India, stating that you are fit to study in the Philippines.
- Police clearance certificate: You need to provide a police clearance certificate from the Indian authorities to prove that you have no criminal record.
- Financial documents: You need to provide proof of your ability to fund your studies in the Philippines. This can be in the form of bank statements, scholarship letters, or other financial documents.
- English language proficiency test: You need to provide proof of your English language proficiency by taking a recognized language test like TOEFL or IELTS.
- Recommendation letters: You may be required to submit recommendation letters from your teachers or other professionals who can vouch for your academic and personal capabilities.
- Application form: You need to fill out an application form provided by the university, which includes personal information, academic records, and other necessary details.
Syllabus of MBBS in Angeles University Foundation Philippines for Indian Students
The MBBS program offered by Angeles University Foundation College of Medicine in the Philippines for Indian students is designed to provide comprehensive medical education and training to students. The program is structured into three phases: pre-clinical years, clinical years, and internship.
Phase 1: Pre-Clinical Years
The pre-clinical years of the MBBS program focus on building a strong foundation in basic medical sciences. During this phase, students will study various subjects that are important for a basic understanding of human anatomy and physiology. The subjects that are covered during this phase are as follows:
|Anatomy||This subject covers the study of the human body’s structure, including bones, muscles, and organs.|
|Physiology||This subject covers the study of how the human body functions and how its different systems work together.|
|Biochemistry||This subject covers the study of the chemical processes that occur within the human body.|
|Microbiology||This subject covers the study of microorganisms, including bacteria, Fungi and viruses.|
|Pathology||This subject covers the study of the causes and effects of diseases.|
|Pharmacology||This subject covers the study of drugs and their effects on the human body.|
|Behavioral Science||This subject covers the study of human behavior, including social, cultural, and psychological factors that can impact health.|
Phase 2: Clinical Years
The clinical years of the MBBS program focus on developing clinical skills and practical experience. During this phase, students will be exposed to a variety of clinical settings and will work with patients under the supervision of experienced medical professionals.The subjects that are covered during this phase are as follows:
|Medicine||This subject covers the study of internal medicine, including the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the body’s internal organs.|
|Surgery||This subject covers the study of surgical procedures, including both elective and emergency surgeries.|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||This subject covers the study of pregnancy, childbirth, and female reproductive health.|
|Pediatrics||This subject covers the study of the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents.|
|Psychiatry||This subject covers the study of mental disorders and their treatment.|
|Community Medicine||This subject covers the study of public health and how it is managed at a community level.|
Phase 3: Internship
The final phase of the MBBS program is an internship, which is a one-year clinical training program that provides students with practical experience in a clinical setting. During the internship, students will work in various departments, including internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, community medicine, emergency medicine, radiology, pathology, and anesthesiology. The internship will give students the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills in real-life situations, and it will help them prepare for their future careers as medical professionals.
Hostel and Accommodation Available in Angeles University Foundation
- Free Bus Service: AUF provides a free bus service for students between the hostel and campus. This service makes it easy for students to commute to and from the campus without any hassle.
- Air-Conditioned Rooms: The hostel rooms are equipped with air-conditioning systems to provide students with a comfortable and cool living space. This feature is particularly important in the Philippines, where the weather can be hot and humid.
- Pure Veg Food: AUF offers pure vegetarian food in the hostel mess. This feature is particularly beneficial for students who are vegetarian or have dietary restrictions.
- Trained Security Guards: The hostels are equipped with well-trained, educated, and full-time security guards and security wardens. This feature ensures the safety and security of students living in the hostels.
- High-Speed Internet: Students will get access to high-speed internet in the hostel. This feature is particularly important for students who need to stay connected with their studies, research, or communication with their family and friends.
Cost of Living in Angeles University Foundation
|Accommodation||7500 – 13,000|
|Food||4000 – 6000|
|Transportation||1500 – 2500|
The cost of living in Angeles University Foundation varies depending on the category of expenses. The accommodation cost ranges from 7500 to 13,000, which includes basic amenities such as electricity and water bills. The food cost ranges from 4000 to 6000, which is an average cost for three meals per day. Transportation cost is estimated to be around 1500 to 2500, which includes the cost of public transportation or a motorcycle ride.
The cost of living in Angeles University Foundation may vary depending on the individual’s lifestyle and preferences. Other expenses such as personal care, entertainment, and other miscellaneous costs may also be incurred. It is advisable to plan and budget accordingly to ensure a comfortable living experience.
Why Study MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students?
- Quality Medical Education: The Philippines is home to some of the best medical schools in Asia. These medical schools are recognized globally and are accredited by prestigious international organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI). The medical education system in the Philippines focuses on developing a strong foundation in basic medical sciences and clinical skills. This ensures that students are well-prepared for their clinical rotations and residency training.
- Affordable Tuition Fees: Compared to the cost of studying MBBS in India, studying in the Philippines is relatively affordable. The tuition fees for medical schools in the Philippines are significantly lower than in India, making it a more cost-effective option for Indian students. Furthermore, the cost of living in the Philippines is also lower than in other countries, making it an attractive destination for students looking for an affordable education.
- English as the Medium of Instruction: The Philippines is an English-speaking country, which means that the medium of instruction in most medical schools is English. This makes it easier for Indian students to understand the lectures and communicate with their peers and professors. It also makes it easier for Indian students to prepare for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) in India, which is conducted in English.
- Clinical Rotations in Top Hospitals: Medical schools in the Philippines offer clinical rotations in top hospitals, which provide students with hands-on experience in real-world medical settings. This exposure to a diverse range of medical cases and clinical practices helps students to develop their clinical skills and become well-rounded physicians.
- No Entrance Exam Required: Unlike in India, there is no entrance exam required to gain admission to medical schools in the Philippines. Indian students can apply to medical schools in the Philippines based on their academic qualifications, without having to worry about clearing a competitive entrance exam.
- Internationally Recognized Medical Degree: The medical degrees awarded by universities in the Philippines are recognized globally. This means that Indian students who graduate from medical schools in the Philippines can practice medicine in India or any other country in the world after passing the required licensing exams
- Cultural Similarities: The Philippines shares many cultural similarities with India, which makes it easier for Indian students to adapt to the local culture and way of life. The friendly and welcoming nature of Filipinos also makes it easier for Indian students to make friends and feel at home in the Philippines.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students
- Affordable Tuition Fees: One of the primary reasons why Indian students choose to study MBBS in the Philippines is the affordability of tuition fees. Compared to other popular destinations like the United States or the United Kingdom, the cost of tuition in the Philippines is significantly lower, making it a more viable option for students who are looking to save money.
- High-Quality Education: The Philippines has a strong tradition of medical education, with many of its universities offering high-quality programs that are recognized globally. Many of these universities have state-of-the-art facilities and are staffed by experienced and highly-qualified professors who are dedicated to providing the best possible education to their students.
- English Language: Another advantage of studying MBBS in the Philippines is that the medium of instruction is English. As a result, Indian students who are fluent in English will not face any language barriers when studying in the Philippines, making it easier for them to learn and excel in their studies.
- No Entrance Exam: Unlike in India, where students have to take entrance exams like NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) to get into medical school, there are no entrance exams required to study MBBS in the Philippines. This means that students who may not perform as well on standardized tests can still pursue a career in medicine.
- Better Clinical Exposure: The Philippines has a vast and diverse patient population, providing students with better clinical exposure and hands-on training. This practical experience is essential for students who want to become successful doctors, as it prepares them to handle real-world situations and emergencies.
- World-Class Infrastructure: Many of the medical universities in the Philippines have world-class infrastructure, with modern classrooms, laboratories, and hospitals that are equipped with the latest technology. This ensures that students have access to the best possible resources to help them learn and excel in their studies.
- Opportunity for International Exposure: Studying MBBS in the Philippines also provides students with an opportunity to gain international exposure. They can interact with students from different countries, learn about different cultures, and broaden their perspectives. This exposure can be invaluable in preparing students for a globalized world and can also be beneficial when applying for jobs or further education abroad.
- Lower Living Costs: The cost of living in the Philippines is significantly lower than in other popular study destinations, such as the United States or the United Kingdom. This means that students can live comfortably and affordably while studying, without having to worry about financial constraints.
Is the MBBS degree from Angeles University Foundation recognized in India?
Yes, the MBBS degree from Angeles University Foundation is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). After completing the course, students are eligible to practice medicine in India after clearing the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
What is the duration of the MBBS course in Angeles University Foundation?
The duration of the MBBS course in Angeles University Foundation is 5.5 years, including one-year internship.
What is the eligibility criteria for Indian students to get admission to the MBBS course in Angeles University Foundation?
Indian students who have completed 10+2 with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are eligible to apply for the MBBS course in Angeles University Foundation. Additionally, students need to clear the NEET exam to get admission to the medical college.
What is the total fee structure for the MBBS course in Angeles University Foundation for Indian students?
The total fee structure for the MBBS course in Angeles University Foundation for Indian students is approximately INR 27-30 lakhs, including tuition fees, hostel fees, and other expenses.
Is the hostel facility available for Indian students in Angeles University Foundation?
Angeles University Foundation provides hostel accommodation for Indian students, with separate facilities for male and female students that come equipped with essential amenities.
What is the medium of instruction for the MBBS course in Angeles University Foundation?
The medium of instruction for the MBBS course in Angeles University Foundation is English.
What are the documents required for Indian students to get admission to the MBBS course in Angeles University Foundation?
Indian students need to submit the following documents to get admission to the MBBS course in Angeles University Foundation:
- 10th and 12th mark sheets
- NEET scorecard
- Transfer certificate
- Conduct certificate
- Passport-size photographs
- Birth certificate
What is the teaching methodology in Angeles University Foundation?
Angeles University Foundation follows a student-centric teaching methodology that focuses on practical training and research. The college has state-of-the-art laboratories and research facilities that help students to gain practical knowledge and skills.
What is the job prospectus after completing the MBBS course from Angeles University Foundation?
After completing the MBBS course from Angeles University Foundation, Indian students can practice medicine in India after clearing the FMGE exam. They can also work in government or private hospitals, healthcare centers, research institutes, and NGOs.
Is there any scholarship available for Indian students in Angeles University Foundation?
Yes, Angeles University Foundation offers scholarships to meritorious Indian students who have scored good marks in the NEET exam. The scholarship amount varies from INR 1 lakh to INR 3 lakh per annum, depending on the academic performance of the student.
What is the teaching faculty like at AUF?
AUF has a team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members who are experts in their respective fields. They provide students with quality education and hands-on training that prepare them for the medical profession.
What is the infrastructure like at AUF?
AUF has state-of-the-art infrastructure, including well-equipped laboratories, modern classrooms, and advanced research facilities. The college also has a library with a vast collection of medical books and journals.
How is the clinical exposure for students at AUF?
AUF has tie-ups with some of the top hospitals and healthcare centers in the Philippines that provide students with ample clinical exposure. This allows students to get hands-on experience and learn from experienced medical professionals.
What are the admission requirements for Indian students?
Indian students need to fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for admission to the MBBS program at AUF:
- Completed 10+2 with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Cleared the NEET exam
- Valid passport
- Other required documents, such as mark sheets, transfer certificates, conduct certificates, etc.
What is the student life like at AUF?
AUF provides a vibrant student life experience with a variety of cultural, sports, and social activities. The college has student clubs and organizations that cater to different interests and hobbies.
Are Indian students required to learn the Filipino language?
No, Indian students are not required to learn the Filipino language as the medium of instruction is English. However, learning the local language can help students in their clinical practice and interaction with local patients.
What is the cost of living for Indian students in the Philippines?
The cost of living in the Philippines is relatively lower than other countries. The average monthly expenses for an Indian student, including accommodation, food, and other expenses, can range from INR 20,000 to INR 30,000.
What is the visa process for Indian students?
Indian students need to obtain a student visa from the Philippine embassy in India. The college provides students with the necessary documents and guidance for the visa application process.
What are the career prospects after completing MBBS from AUF?
After completing MBBS from AUF, Indian students can work in India or other countries, subject to fulfilling the respective country’s medical licensing requirements. They can also pursue further studies and specialization in different medical fields.
Is there any entrance exam for admission to AUF?
No, there is no entrance exam for admission to AUF. Admission is based on the student’s NEET score and academic performance.