AMA School of Medicine was founded in 2008, which is among the best options to study the Philippines’ MBBS course. The university is situated in the heart of Makati city, which carries the highest concentrations of transnational, multinational, and international organizations.
The AMASOM(AMA School of Medicine) has produced many medical specialists through an innovative case-based curriculum that will develop self-directed and lifelong learners.
Candidates will understand basic science and clinical science concepts during the first three-year course of study in medicine. From the Fourth year course of study, students have been taught all the practical aspects of medicine, epidemiologic, and health research programs.
Check Your Eligibility
Why Choose AMA School of Medicine to Study MBBS?
- High education standard.
- Well-established University.
- AMASOM follows the international standard of education.
- Affordable MBBS education.
- It also provides scholarships.
- Integrated MBBS curriculum with an ideal student-faculty ratio.
- It has a Clinically oriented method of teaching & learning.
Faculties offered-AMA School of Medicine.
MD Program (Doctor of Medicine)
MD program at AMA School of Medicine focuses on producing competent medical specialists that last for six years.
- The student must have the age between 17 to 25 years.
- For each applicant, the NEET exam is mandatory.
- Students must have subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics with an aggregate of 50% for open category and reserved category 45%.
- The student also needs to qualify for the English language proficiency test like IELTS/TOEFL.
The procedure of Admission (2020-21): AMA School of Medicine
Phase 1: Fill the application form online available on the university’s portal.
Phase 2: Submit all the necessary documents and wait for the application review process.
Phase 3: The process generally takes 10-15 days for review & approval.
Phase 4: An eligible student will get an official invitation letter from the university.
Phase 5: Apply for the visa.
Following documents are needed to take Admission to the AMA School of Medicine-
- Report Card of NEET Exam.
- Xth Mark Sheet
- XIIth Mark Sheet.
- English proficiency certificate.
- Passport copy.
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs.
The Scholarships Program at AMA School of Medicine
At AMA School of Medicine(AMASOM), Medical scholarships are awarded to the local students only.
AMA School of Medicine(AMASOM) – Ranking 2020-2021
According to the UniRank (4icu), AMASOM ranking –
AMA School of Medicine possesses a faculty from different excellent academic backgrounds and fields of specialization–
AMASOM is a learner-centered Medicine school with the following features:
- Provide a Four-year integrated curriculum with an ideal faculty-to-student ratio
- Follows Clinically oriented and problem-based method of teaching and learning.
- Non-traditional lecture and instructional modules.
- Faculty settled in their selected fields of specialization and the academe.
- Offers Affordable, and flexible payment methods.
- It is affiliated with government hospitals and also with private health institutions.
- Outstanding facilities and resources are conducive to learning.
The Medicine Degree(MD) degree at AMASOM is accepted by the Medical Council of India (MCI) is parallel to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree similarly offered in the United kingdom(UK), Australia, India, and many other Commonwealth countries. After their MD graduation from AMA School of Medicine, Indian students will also receive a license to practice in India, similar to the MBBS doctors from India, after completing licensing formalities with the MCI.
AMASOM: Fee Structure 2020-21
|Particular||Fees in USD||Fees in INR|
|Tuition Fees||6000||INR 4,20,000|
|Hostel Fees||500||INR 35,000|
|Total Fees||$ 6500||INR 4,55,000|
Note: $1 = Rs.70 (which may vary)
AMA School Of Medicine- Important Faqs
Where is AMA School of Medicine Located?
It is located in Makati, Metro MANILA, Capital of the Philippines.
What is the teaching medium in the Philippines?
English is the official language for Government, Communication in day-to-day living, and all other affairs. So, All the universities follow English as the medium of education. Around 94% of the Population Speaks English.
Hence education is in the English medium.
When is Admission Procedure usually take place?
Depending on the university and program in June and November, two intakes depend on the University and the Medical, Premedical program. MD or MBBS in the Philippines – Medical Admission to the Top Medical College (s) begins in June. The admissions to Pre-medical can start in June or in November each year.