In today’s time, more and more students are migrating abroad to pursue their careers in various fields. The high educational charges and the lack of seats in Indian institutes compel the youth to shift abroad for studies. According to the reports, each year, the number of students traveling abroad for higher education is growing stiffer. MBBS is one of the most premium programs for medical aspirants presently. Each year hundreds of students are enrolling in MBBS in foreign universities. Currently, Russia and Ukraine have become two of the most popular educational centers for MBBS aspirants. The practical education system of the two destinations complemented by premium facilities has attracted many international students to migrate to the countries.
However, most aspirants who desire to tailor a successful medical career are often confused about choosing between the two top destinations, Russia and Ukraine. Both the countries feature tons of top-notch facilities. However, before choosing any of the countries, the students must keenly analyze the universities, their world ranking, education facilities, accommodation facilities, and most importantly, the cost of the MBBS program in the country. So, here we present a detailed comparison between Russia and Ukraine for the MBBS pursuers.
Why Study MBBS in Russia?
- The medical industry in Russia was under the wraps till the Soviet era. However, within a breeze, Russia boosted its facilities to tailor a booming medical industry. With improved reliable technological support, the country sketched the ideal education system that became a heaven for medical students. Today, with the perfect blend of technology and world-class educational facilities, Russia has moved up the list of top destinations for MBBS. Currently, Russia features approximately 1,215 universities, and the country avails premium education to more than 240,000 international students. Each year the number is touching new heights due to the top-graded education offered by the country. Russia has become a hub of international students because of premium quality education combined with low tuition charges. All the Russian Medical institutions are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and are recognized by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and UNESCO. To help new talents flourish in a fruitful career, the Russian government presents exclusive subsidies for education, which in return lowers the MBBS fees. Simultaneously, with the collapse in the price of the Russian currency, the MBBS fee structure has touched the grounds. The international affiliations of the Russian universities help the students with Russian MBBS degrees get greater exposure worldwide and weave an incredible medical career.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Russia
Studying MBBS in Russia has a bucket full of benefits. Some of which are as follows –
- All the medical universities are affiliated with powerful bodies like WHO, UNESCO, and more. The universities are supervised and managed by the Russian Government.
- International students can pursue the MBBS programs under the subsidy facility and enjoy the European living standards within lows charges.
- All the Medical institutions present a simple and convenient admission process.
- The aspirant does not require to qualify in any entrance examinations for admission to Russian MBBS institutions.
- MBBS degrees presented by the Russian Medical Universities are internationally recognized.
- Russia offers top-notch quality education and accommodation facilities in comparison to countries like Ukraine, Germany, China, etc.
- All the Russian universities include efficient teams of world-class faculties, employing their years of experience to help the students frame a bright future.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Russia
- Some of the demerits of pursuing MBBS in Russia are as follows –
- Unsuitable Climatic Conditions: The international students may suffer to adjust to Russian Climatic conditions as the country brings harsh weather. Some of the cities in Russia have unbearable climatic conditions, which makes the living conditions much challenging.
- Some universities may not be recognized in some countries: Degrees from some unofficial or unaffiliated universities may not be approved by other countries, prohibiting the graduates from practicing medicine in those countries.
- Security: Some of the Russian cities are quite popular for some notorious activities, with a significant crime rate. Therefore, the students must carefully choose a secure city to study.
Top Russian Universities for MBBS
- Mari State University
- Tver State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University Since 1920
- Bashkir State Medical University
- People’s Friendship University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Ryazan State Medical University
- Crimea Federal University
Eligibilities for Studying MBBS in Russia
The applicants who desire to get admission to the top medical institutes in Russia must qualify the following eligibility criteria –
- The applicants must have qualified in the Class 12 examination with an aggregate score of above 50% from the science stream (Physics, Biology, Chemistry).
- The student’s age must be at least 17 years before December 31st of the admission year.
- The aspirants must have an Eligibility Certificate produced by the Medical Council of India.
- The students must have valid identity proof.
Why Study MBBS in Ukraine?
- Ukraine, with its efficient education system, has attracted tons of MBBS aspirants for years. It is one of the top educational countries in Europe with a high literacy rate. Ukraine is complimented as the most premium European country to study MBBS. Its effective MBBS curriculum and unmatchable education facilities have produced a bucketful of skilled medical professionals. Ukraine presents a hub of top-notch government medical universities presenting specialized MBBS courses. All these universities are recognized by the United National Education Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and World Health Organization (WHO). Due to the quality to cost ratio, thousands of students are fascinated by the country’s MBBS programs. Premium facilities and high-quality medical education combine to present the students with ideal circumstances to tailor fruitful medical careers. The degree holders of Ukraine get worldwide recognition and can enjoy their medical practices in any corner of the world. The graduates from Ukrainian universities are in high demand for their incredible practical skills and excellent medical knowledge in the medical field. Some popular medical fields of MBBS in Ukraine are – Pharmacy, General medicine, Dentistry, and Paediatrics.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Ukraine
Studying MBBS in Ukraine has countless benefits, some of which are as follows –
- The top medical universities of Ukraine offer highly optimized MBBS courses with 5.8 years duration. Its well-structured education system instills the proper knowledge of medicines within the students, and the course duration includes one year of internship. The internship helps the students to gain practical knowledge from professional doctors.
- The Ukrainian government authorizes all the top colleges to sort any educational issues or financial problems instantly.
- The cost of the MBBS programs is comparatively lower. There are no hidden rates or donations for admission in Ukraine. The government supervises the universities to present financial aid to needy students through scholarships or other programs.
- All the Ukrainian medical universities host numerous workshops and conferences to help the students analyze, understand and implement modern technology in the medical fields.
- One of the most significant benefits of studying in Ukraine is low crime rates. Ukraine is one of the most peaceful countries, presenting the students with ideal education circumstances.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Ukraine
- Here are some of the demerits of pursuing MBBS in Ukraine –
- Extreme weather conditions: The international students may find it troublesome to adjust to the extreme conditions of Ukraine. The cold weather of Ukraine is quite uncomfortable for most students.
- Lack of efficient technology: Most tier 3 and tier 4 medical universities of Ukraine do not employ the latest technology. In today’s world of technology, the graduates from these institutions may suffer due to a lack of exposure to technology.
Top Ukrainian Universities for MBBS
- KYIV MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF UAFM
- BUKOVINIAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- VINNYTSIA NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- BLACK SEA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
- KHARKIV NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY O.O.BOGOMOLETS
Eligibilities for Studying MBBS in Russia
Here are some eligibility criteria to get admission to top medical universities of Ukraine –
- The aspirants must be at least 17 years of age on the year of admission.
- The aspirants must have qualified in their Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology by scoring a minimum of 50% marks.
- The aspirants must have an Eligibility Certificate issued by the Medical Council of India.
- The students must produce a valid identification certificate during the time of admission.
Both the countries, Russia and Ukraine, are two of the hot destinations for MBBS. The students desiring to pursue the MBBS program and want to beat India’s high competition can comparatively study these factors to choose the suitable option. Getting a foreign degree is exceptionally beneficial for the students to pave the way to a successful future. Studying abroad is always a challenging decision for the MBBS aspirants considering the cost and changes. However, the international MBBS degree possesses great importance and presents the students with international exposure. With the Russian or Ukrainian MBBS, students get the golden opportunity to practice medicine in several other countries worldwide. Therefore, both the destinations are top-rated, and students can apply for an MBBS degree in any of the two countries.