What is the KROK Examination?
KROK is a compulsory examination for all medical students who are studying MBBS in Ukraine. This is conducted to test the skills of the doctors and pharmacists who are about to graduate from different medical universities in the examination. This test evaluates them in 2 parts i.e., KROK-1 and KROK-2. Both parts deal with different disciplines of medical science and check the student in their respective specialties.
This examination is conducted to certify the students with their medical degrees. Without passing this examination the students are not rewarded and they don’t get their degree till they pass it. It is something that tells about the level of professional knowledge of the doctors to-be. Most students who have studied properly during their course don’t have a lot of problems passing this test. This is the minimum level of qualification that is needed to practice in and outside the country.
Things you need to know:
- Students who have no backlogs (Arrears) especially in the subjects that are included in the KROK-1 are eligible to take the examination.
- For KROK-2 the students have to clear all the subjects in their MBBS course and also have the KROK-1 passing certificate.
Syllabus of the KROK-1 Exam:
- Biology – 7 Percentage
- Human Anatomy – 9 Percentage
- Microbiology, Virology, and Immunology – 18.5 Percentage
- Biological Chemistry – 16 Percentage
- Histology, Cytology, and Embryology – 4 Percentage
- Pharmacology – 11 Percentage
- Pathomorphology – 12.5 Percentage
- Physiology – 6 Percentage
- Pathophysiology – 16 Percentage
Syllabus of the KROK-2 Exam:
- Therapeutic Profile Tasks – 40 Percentage
- Surgical Profile Tasks – 20 Percentage
- Pediatric Profile Tasks – 15 Percentage
- Hygiene Profile Tasks – 12.5 Percentage
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Profile Tasks – 12.5 Percentage
Who conducts this exam?
This important examination is organized and evaluated by the Testing Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. They have been doing this successfully for a long and they have ensured the quality of doctors who graduate from Ukraine because of this.