Tashkent Medical Academy is a renowned institution of higher learning, offering quality medical education in Uzbekistan. The academy was established in 2005 by the president of Uzbekistan, with a vision to train highly skilled healthcare professionals who could contribute to the nation’s health sector. Since its inception, the academy has made significant progress in terms of academics, research, and innovation.
The academy has a wide range of faculties, including General Medicine, Pedagogy, and Nursing, catering to the diverse educational needs of students. With a capacity to accommodate 4662 students, the academy offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various disciplines. Currently, the academy has around 765 postgraduates and 205 physicians enrolled in its programs.
Check Your Eligibility
One of the highlights of the academy is its MBBS program, which is known for its high-quality training in 58 disciplines. The program focuses on providing students with practical knowledge and clinical experience that prepares them to handle real-world medical situations. The curriculum is designed to meet international standards and is regularly updated to keep up with the latest trends in the medical field.
Apart from offering quality education, the academy is also committed to promoting research and innovation. The academy has implemented a grant on the environment and human health, which encourages students and faculty members to conduct research works in this area. Additionally, the academy has established seven scientific councils that coordinate and monitor research activities across different disciplines.
The academy has a team of experienced faculty members who are well-versed in their respective fields. They employ modern teaching techniques, including interactive lectures, group discussions, and hands-on training, to ensure that students understand the subject matter comprehensively. The faculty members are committed to providing students with individual attention and support to help them achieve their academic goals.
The academy has state-of-the-art infrastructure that includes well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, and libraries. The laboratories are equipped with modern equipment and instruments that enable students to conduct experiments and analyze data effectively. The library is stocked with a vast collection of medical books, journals, and research papers, making it a valuable resource for students and researchers.
The academy is also committed to providing students with a conducive learning environment. The campus is equipped with facilities like sports grounds, recreational centers, and hostels, which make student life comfortable and enjoyable. The academy also organizes various extracurricular activities, including cultural events, sports competitions, and community service programs, to encourage students to develop their skills and interests beyond academics.
Global Affiliations of Tashkent Medical Academy
Tashkent Medical Academy has established affiliations and partnerships with several prestigious higher education institutions and research organizations both in the NIS region and abroad. The Academy has also received recognition and accreditation from several renowned organizations, including:
- Recognition by the Medical Council of India (MCI), which validates the quality of medical education and training provided at the Academy.
- Approval from the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), which indicates that the Academy meets global standards for medical education and training.
- Partnerships with Seoul University, Humboldt University (Berlin), Russian State Medical University, Samara State Medical University, Moscow State Medical University, Family Medicine Residency Centre, and Chkhonnam State University (Korea). These partnerships help to promote academic and research collaborations and exchange programs between the institutions, contributing to the advancement of medical education and research.
Why Study MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy for Indian Students?
Tashkent Medical Academy is a well-known institution that provides excellent MBBS programs for students. Here are some reasons why you should consider studying MBBS at Tashkent Medical Academy:
- No special degree is required for admission to the MBBS program; the NEET scorecard is sufficient.
- Tashkent Medical Academy is a ragging-free zone, ensuring that students feel safe and secure while studying.
- The academy offers an internationally recognised MBBS degree, which is essential for students looking to work abroad.
- Tashkent Medical Academy has easy access to transportation, making it convenient for students to travel to and from the campus.
- Financial assistance is provided to students through scholarship programs, which can help ease the financial burden of pursuing an MBBS degree.
- Students at Tashkent Medical Academy can stay in a hostel, providing a comfortable and affordable accommodation option.
- The First Tashkent State Medical Institute has a high level of security, ensuring that students feel safe and protected while studying.
Tashkent Medical Academy Overview
The Tashkent Medical Academy is a government institute that was established in 2005.
- Recognition: The academy is approved by both the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), ensuring that its medical degrees are recognized globally.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for admission to the academy’s MBBS program, students must have a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their qualifying exams.
- Course Duration: The MBBS program at the academy is six years long, which includes a one-year internship.
- NEET: Students are required to qualify for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to be considered for admission to the academy.
- IELTS/TOEFL: Unlike many other medical colleges, the Tashkent Medical Academy does not require students to take the IELTS or TOEFL exams to prove their proficiency in English.
- Medium of Teaching: The academy conducts its classes and lectures in English, making it a popular destination for international students who wish to pursue their medical education in English.
Duration of MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy for Indian Students
The length of the MBBS program offered by the Tashkent Medical Academy is six years, which also includes an internship. Completion of the program within this timeframe is mandatory to receive the MBBS degree.
Faculties in Tashkent Medical Academy
Tashkent Medical Academy is a leading medical institution in Uzbekistan that offers various faculties to its students. These faculties provide a comprehensive education and training in medical science to produce skilled professionals who can serve the healthcare sector in Uzbekistan and abroad. Let us take a closer look at the different faculties of Tashkent Medical Academy.
- Faculty of Medicine: This faculty provides an extensive education and training to medical students to become proficient doctors. The curriculum covers various aspects of medicine, including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology, and more. The students also gain hands-on experience through practical training in hospitals and clinics.
- Faculty of Dentistry: The Faculty of Dentistry offers a comprehensive education in dentistry to the students. The curriculum includes subjects like dental anatomy, histology, pathology, pharmacology, and more. The students are also trained in various dental procedures and treatments to become skilled dentists.
- Faculty of Pharmacy: The Faculty of Pharmacy offers a degree in pharmacy to the students. The curriculum covers subjects like pharmacology, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, and more. The students also gain practical experience through training in pharmacies and pharmaceutical industries.
- Faculty of Neuroscience: The Faculty of Neuroscience offers a degree in neuroscience to the students. The curriculum includes subjects like neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, neurochemistry, and more. The students also gain practical experience through research projects and internships.
- Faculty of Paediatrics: The Faculty of Paediatrics offers a degree in paediatrics to the students. The curriculum covers various aspects of child health, including child development, nutrition, immunology, and more. The students also gain practical experience through training in hospitals and clinics.
- Faculty of Surgery: The Faculty of Surgery offers a degree in surgery to the students. The curriculum covers various surgical procedures and techniques, including general surgery, orthopaedics, urology, and more. The students also gain practical experience through training in hospitals and clinics.
- Faculty of Postgraduate Programs: The Faculty of Postgraduate Programs offers various postgraduate courses to the students. The courses are designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of the students in specific areas of medical science. The students can choose from various courses like Master of Science in Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, and more.
Fee Structure of MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy
The fees structure for Tashkent Medical Academy for the academic year 2023-2024 indicates that the estimated tuition fee is $3600 per year.
Global Ranking of Tashkent Medical Academy
Tashkent Medical Academy is ranked 7th in Uzbekistan and 5882nd in the world. As a prestigious educational institution in Uzbekistan, Tashkent Medical Academy has gained recognition for its high-quality medical education and research activities. Its commitment to innovation and excellence in the field of medicine has contributed to its steady rise in the rankings. The academy has produced skilled medical professionals who have made significant contributions to healthcare in Uzbekistan and beyond. With its world-class faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and diverse student body, Tashkent Medical Academy continues to attract students from all over the world who are passionate about pursuing a career in medicine.
Eligibility to Study MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy for Indian Students
To study MBBS at Tashkent Medical Academy, there are certain eligibility criteria that must be met.
- Academic Qualifications: The applicant must have a cumulative score of at least 55 per cent for open caste students and 45 per cent for reserved caste students in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. This is a minimum requirement to be considered for admission.
- Age Limit: The candidate should be at least 17 years old and not more than 25 years old at the time of application. This age limit is strictly enforced, and candidates who fall outside of it will not be considered for admission.
- Educational Background: Applicants must have completed 12th grade or an equivalent diploma from a recognised institution. This means that candidates who have completed their education from non-recognised institutions will not be eligible to apply.
- NEET Clearance: Enrollment in Tashkent Medical Academy’s MBBS programmes requires NEET clearance. Candidates must clear this exam in order to be eligible for admission to Tashkent Medical Academy.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy
Tashkent Medical Academy is a popular destination for Indian students who want to pursue MBBS. The academy has a simple admission process that Indian students can easily follow. Here are the key steps involved in the admission process:
- Eligibility criteria: Indian students who want to pursue MBBS at Tashkent Medical Academy must have completed their 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Application process: Indian students can apply for MBBS at Tashkent Medical Academy by filling out an online application form available on the academy’s website. Students must fill in their personal and academic details, upload the required documents, and pay the application fee.
- Entrance examination: Once the application process is complete, students will have to appear for an entrance examination. The examination will test the student’s knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Interview: After the entrance examination, shortlisted students will have to appear for an interview. The interview panel will assess the student’s communication skills and motivation to pursue MBBS.
- Admission offer: Students who clear the entrance examination and interview will receive an admission offer from Tashkent Medical Academy.
- Visa application: Indian students who have received an admission offer must apply for a student visa to study at Tashkent Medical Academy.
- Arrival in Uzbekistan: Once the visa is approved, students must travel to Uzbekistan and report to the Tashkent Medical Academy to complete the admission process.
Documents Required for MBBS in Tashkent Medical Academy
Tashkent Medical Academy is a highly reputable educational institution that provides quality medical education and training to students in Uzbekistan. For students who aspire to enroll in this academy, there are certain documents that are mandatory for admission.
- Copy of Passport: A copy of your passport is necessary for admission. This document verifies your identity and confirms your nationality.
- Mark Sheets Copy: Copies of your academic transcripts are also required. This includes your high school certificate or equivalent and any other academic qualifications you may have.
- Certified Copy of Your Birth Certificate: This document is essential for confirming your age and citizenship. It should be a certified copy and translated into English if it is in another language.
- Medical Certification: A medical certificate is required to ensure that you are in good health and able to undertake medical studies.
- Receipt of Funds: A receipt showing proof of payment of the admission fee is necessary. This receipt shows that you have paid the required amount and are serious about your studies.
- Admissions Statement (Invitation Letter): An invitation letter or admission statement is issued by the academy, confirming your admission to the institution.
- Photographs (Passport Size): Passport-size photographs are required for identification purposes and should be recent.
MBBS Syllabus in Tashkent Medical Academy
MBBS, also known as Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, is a comprehensive undergraduate degree program that prepares students for a career in medicine. Tashkent Medical Academy, located in Uzbekistan, offers an MBBS program that covers a wide range of subjects over the course of twelve semesters. Here is a breakdown of the syllabus for the MBBS program at Tashkent Medical Academy, listed semester-wise:
- Medical Chemistry: This subject provides a foundation for understanding the chemical basis of life, including the structure and function of biomolecules such as carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids.
- Fundamentals of Psychology: This subject focuses on the basic principles of psychology, including human behavior, personality, emotions, and motivation.
- Histology: This subject deals with the study of the microscopic structure of tissues and organs in the body.
- Bioorganic Chemistry: This subject focuses on the study of organic compounds found in living organisms, such as carbohydrates, lipids, and amino acids.
- Cytology: This subject deals with the study of cells, including their structure, function, and organization.
- Embryology: This subject deals with the study of the development of the embryo and fetus from conception to birth.
- Human Anatomy: This subject provides an in-depth study of the structure of the human body, including the various systems such as the nervous, circulatory, and respiratory systems.
- Elective Courses: Students can choose from a range of elective courses based on their interests and career goals.
- Histology: This subject is a continuation of the study of tissues and organs from the 1st semester.
- Physiology: This subject deals with the study of the functioning of living organisms, including the various systems such as the nervous, circulatory, and respiratory systems.
- Biochemistry: This subject provides an in-depth study of the chemical processes and metabolic pathways in living organisms.
- Microbiology: This subject deals with the study of microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa.
- Microbiology: This subject is a continuation of the study of microorganisms from the 3rd semester.
- Emergency Medicine: This subject provides students with the skills and knowledge required to provide emergency medical care.
- Patient Care: This subject focuses on the principles of patient care, including communication skills, medical ethics, and professionalism.
- Embryology: This subject is a continuation of the study of embryonic development from the 2nd semester.
- Pharmacology: This subject deals with the study of drugs and their effects on the human body.
- Pathomorphology: This subject deals with the study of the structural changes that occur in tissues and organs as a result of disease.
- Pediatrics: This subject provides an in-depth study of the medical care of children, including their growth and development.
- Internal Medicine: This subject deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases that affect the internal organs of the body.
- General Surgery: This subject provides an in-depth study of surgical techniques and procedures.
- Ecology: This subject deals with the study of the interaction between living organisms and their environment.
- Radiology: This subject provides an in-depth study of diagnostic imaging techniques such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans.
- Elective Courses: Students can choose from a range of elective courses based on their interests and career goals.
- Biostatistics: This subject deals with the application of statistical methods in the field of medicine.
7th and 8th Semesters:
- Tuberculosis: This subject provides an in-depth study of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of tuberculosis, a bacterial infection that primarily affects the lungs.
- Surgery: This subject is a continuation of the study of surgical techniques and procedures from the 5th semester, with a focus on more complex surgeries.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: This subject provides an in-depth study of the medical care of women during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of female reproductive system disorders.
- Urology: This subject provides an in-depth study of the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the urinary tract and male reproductive system.
- Neurology: This subject deals with the study of the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves, and the diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders.
- Ophthalmology: This subject deals with the study of the structure and function of the eye, and the diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders.
- Narcology: This subject provides an in-depth study of substance abuse and addiction, and the diagnosis and treatment of substance use disorders.
- Medical Psychology: This subject deals with the study of human behavior and mental processes, and their impact on health and illness.
- Forensic Medicine: This subject deals with the application of medical knowledge to legal issues, such as determining the cause of death or injury.
- Social Medicine: This subject focuses on the social, economic, and environmental factors that impact health and healthcare.
9th and 10th Semesters:
- Infectious Diseases: This subject provides an in-depth study of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of infectious diseases caused by microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- Oncology: This subject provides an in-depth study of the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- Epidemiology: This subject deals with the study of the distribution and determinants of health and disease in populations, and the application of this knowledge to public health practice.
- Gynecology: This subject is a continuation of the study of the female reproductive system from the 7th and 8th semesters, with a focus on more complex disorders.
- Traumatology: This subject deals with the study of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of injuries caused by physical trauma.
- Medical Genetics: This subject deals with the study of the genetic basis of disease, and the application of genetic knowledge to medical practice.
- Social Medicine: This subject is a continuation of the study of the impact of social, economic, and environmental factors on health and healthcare from the 7th and 8th semesters.
- Obstetrics: This subject is a continuation of the study of pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum care from the 7th and 8th semesters.
- Clinical Immunology: This subject provides an in-depth study of the immune system and its role in health and disease.
11th and 12th Semesters:
- Elective Courses: Students can choose from a range of elective courses based on their interests and career goals.
Hostel and Accommodation Facilities Available in Tashkent Medical Academy for Indian Students
Tashkent Medical Academy provides comfortable accommodation to foreign students who come to study there. The following are some important points about the hostels and accommodation at the academy:
- There are five student dormitories at the institute, which can accommodate up to 1700 students.
- The hostels are managed by the TMA administration and the Directorate of the Dormitory, and they follow the academy’s regulations.
- To ensure the safety of the students, a turnstile is erected at the entrance of the hostel to prevent strangers from entering.
- Each hostel has individual district guards who are responsible for the safety and security of the students.
- The hostels provide a common area with modern TV and furniture, a kitchen, computer rooms, and a library for the convenience of the students.
- The accommodation facilities are clean and well-maintained, and they provide a comfortable living environment for the students.
- The hostel fees are reasonable and affordable, making it easier for the students to manage their expenses.
- The academy also provides assistance to foreign students in finding suitable accommodation outside the campus if needed.
- The hostels are located in a convenient location, close to the academy, and they provide easy access to public transportation, making it easier for the students to travel around the city.
Cost of Living in Tashkent Medical Academy
- Accommodation: The cost of accommodation in Uzbekistan is relatively low compared to other countries. Students can expect to pay around 100 to 200 USD per month for a decent place to stay.
- Food expenses: The cost of food in Uzbekistan is affordable. Students can expect to spend around 100 to 150 USD per month on food.
- Transportation: The cost of transportation in Uzbekistan is also low. Students can expect to spend around 10 to 50 USD per month on transportation.
- Other expenses: Apart from the above expenses, students may incur additional costs such as books, medical insurance, and personal expenses. However, these expenses are also comparatively lower in Uzbekistan.
- Currency exchange: Students should note that the official currency in Uzbekistan is the Uzbekistani som (UZS). Therefore, they will have to exchange their currency to UZS to pay for their expenses.
Why Study MBBS in Uzbekistan?
- Government-funded universities: Uzbekistan has many government-funded universities, and all of them are recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC). This means that Indian students can study in these universities without any concerns about their degree’s validity.
- No language competency exams: To get admission to a good medical university in Uzbekistan, students are not required to take any language competency exams. This is a significant advantage for Indian students who may not be fluent in Russian or Uzbek, the country’s official languages.
- English-medium education: Most of the medical universities in Uzbekistan offer English as the medium of teaching. This makes it easier for Indian students to study there, as they do not need to learn a new language to understand the course material.
- International experience: Studying MBBS in Uzbekistan provides Indian students with international exposure, which can be beneficial for their future careers. It allows them to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures, which broadens their perspective.
- Safe environment: Uzbekistan is a safe country for Indian students to live and study in. The government takes measures to ensure the safety and security of foreign students, and there are no major safety concerns for Indian students.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Uzbekistan for Indian Students
Studying MBBS in Uzbekistan has several benefits, and here are some of them:
- Lower Cost: One of the significant benefits of studying MBBS in Uzbekistan is the lower cost of education compared to India’s private medical institutes. This makes it an attractive option for Indian students who may find it challenging to afford the high fees in their home country.
- Accreditation: Many medical universities in Uzbekistan are accredited by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and international organisations such as the World Health Organization (WHO). This ensures that the education provided is of high quality and recognised globally.
- English Medium: English is the medium of instruction in Uzbekistan’s medical universities. This makes it easier for Indian students to enrol and study in the country, as they do not have to learn a new language.
- Quality of Education: The level of medical education in Uzbekistan is excellent, with universities having state-of-the-art infrastructure and modern teaching methods. This ensures that students receive top-notch education and practical training, which is crucial for a career in medicine.
- Cultural Diversity: Studying in Uzbekistan offers Indian students the opportunity to experience a new culture and meet people from different backgrounds. This exposure can help broaden their horizons and enhance their personal and professional growth.
- Career Opportunities: After completing their MBBS degree in Uzbekistan, Indian students can choose to practice medicine in the country or return to India to pursue their career. The degree is recognised by the MCI, and graduates can take the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) to practice in India.
What is the eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply for MBBS in Uzbekistan?
Indian students must have completed their 10+2 education in the Science stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Additionally, students must qualify for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) and have a valid scorecard.
Is the MBBS degree from Uzbekistan recognized in India?
Yes, the MBBS degree from universities in Uzbekistan is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Indian students must clear the Foreign Medical Graduate Exam (FMGE) to practice medicine in India.
What is the duration of the MBBS program in Uzbekistan?
The duration of the MBBS program in Uzbekistan is six years, including one year of internship.
What is the medium of instruction in Uzbekistan for MBBS?
What is the fee structure for MBBS in Uzbekistan for Indian students?
The fee structure for MBBS in Uzbekistan for Indian students varies from university to university. Generally, the fees range from USD 3,500 to USD 7,000 per year.
What is the eligibility for scholarships for MBBS in Uzbekistan?
The eligibility for scholarships for MBBS in Uzbekistan varies from university to university. Generally, universities offer scholarships based on academic performance, financial need, and other criteria.
What is the admission process for MBBS in Uzbekistan?
The admission process for MBBS in Uzbekistan involves filling out an online application form, submitting the required documents, and paying the application fee. Students must also clear the university’s entrance exam or provide a valid NEET scorecard.
What is the cost of living in Uzbekistan for Indian students?
The cost of living in Uzbekistan for Indian students is relatively low compared to other countries. Students can expect to spend around USD 200 to USD 300 per month on accommodation, food, and other expenses.
Are Indian students allowed to work part-time in Uzbekistan while studying MBBS?
No, Indian students are not allowed to work part-time while studying MBBS in Uzbekistan.
What are the career opportunities after completing MBBS from Uzbekistan?
After completing MBBS from Uzbekistan, Indian students can either practice medicine in India or pursue higher studies abroad. They can also apply for various government and private sector jobs related to the medical field.
Are there any language proficiency requirements for Indian students applying to MBBS programs in Uzbekistan?
No, there are no language proficiency requirements for Indian students applying to MBBS programs in Uzbekistan as the medium of instruction is English.
What are the documents required for admission to MBBS programs in Uzbekistan?
The documents required for admission to MBBS programs in Uzbekistan include a valid passport, academic transcripts and certificates, NEET scorecard, medical certificate, and proof of payment of application fees.
How is the quality of education in MBBS programs in Uzbekistan?
The quality of education in MBBS programs in Uzbekistan is generally good, with universities providing modern facilities and experienced faculty. Many universities also offer clinical training in hospitals, giving students practical exposure to the medical field.
What is the visa process for Indian students to study MBBS in Uzbekistan?
Indian students must apply for a student visa to study MBBS in Uzbekistan. The process involves submitting the required documents and paying the visa application fee. The visa application process may take several weeks, so students must plan accordingly.
What is the process for obtaining a medical license in India after completing MBBS from Uzbekistan?
After completing MBBS from Uzbekistan, Indian students must clear the Foreign Medical Graduate Exam (FMGE) conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) to obtain a medical license in India. The exam is conducted twice a year and tests the student’s knowledge of the Indian medical system and practices.
Are there any cultural differences that Indian students should be aware of when studying in Uzbekistan?
Yes, there may be some cultural differences that Indian students should be aware of when studying in Uzbekistan. For example, Uzbekistan is a predominantly Muslim country, and students should be respectful of local customs and dress modestly. Additionally, students may experience language barriers and should make an effort to learn some basic Uzbek or Russian phrases to communicate with locals.
What are the accommodation options available for Indian students in Uzbekistan?
Most universities in Uzbekistan provide on-campus accommodation for international students. Alternatively, students can also rent apartments or shared accommodation near the university. It is advisable to research the options and costs before finalizing the accommodation.
What is the climate like in Uzbekistan?
Uzbekistan has a dry and arid climate with hot summers and cold winters. Temperatures can reach up to 40 degrees Celsius in the summer months, so students must be prepared for the heat. Winters can be cold with temperatures dropping below freezing point.