Check Your Eligibility
SSU history is closely connected with the history of Public Joint Stock Company Sumy Frunze Machine-Building Science and Production Association. During this period the foundation of Academic and Support Services (ASS) of Moscow Metal Industry Correspondence Institute (Moscow State University of Instrument Engineering and Computer Science) began. Due to the organization of Ukrainian Correspondence Polytechnic Institute (UCPI), ASS became UCPI branch in 1958. On May 1960 Sumy General Technical Faculty on the basis of Ukrainian Correspondence Polytechnic Institute (UCPI) was established. In 1965 Faculty became a branch of Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute (National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”). In 1966 the educational institution in Sumy was reorganized into a branch of the Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute. In 1990 the branch was renamed the Sumy Institute of Physics and Technology. In 1993 the Sumy Institute of Physics and Technology was awarded the status of State University. In 1993 Sumy State University was founded.
SSU is a member of Magna Charta Universitatum, International Association of Universities, European University Association, Eurasian Association of Universities, and the World Health Organization.
It has close international relations with leading university and scientific organizations in Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Slovenia and Russia.
Annually SSU carries out about 400 scientific agreements, contracts and carries out over 70 international grants. SSU activity directs to the integration into the scientific and educational sphere. SSU has about 100 partners and about 1240 foreign students, academic mobility, active scientific development cooperation with foreign universities, associations and funds, a program of dual diplomas with European institutions of higher education
Sumy State University is one of the best universities for studying MBBS in Ukraine. Sumy State University is currently offering about 12 courses across 5 streams namely Law, Engineering, Medical, Media and Mass Communication, Management, and across 5 degrees like LLB, B.Tech, MBBS, BBA and BA.
Sumy State University:-
In the year of 1948, Sumy State University was launched in Sumy Oblast, Ukraine. And today, it is one of the leading universities of a classical type with the III-IV accreditation level in their territory.
Nowadays, the University has about 16,000 students from nearly 50 countries across the world, who are seeking pre- bachelor, bachelor and masters degrees in like 22 fields of knowledge & 51 majors.
Why Should Students Study at Sumy State University?
- Sumy State University is authorised by NMC and WHO.
- Studying MBBS at Sumy State University is very affordable because of its low cost compared to any other MBBS in India.
- The time duration of pursuing the MBBS program at Sumy State University is about 6 years and the medium of instruction in which the course is taught is in full English.
- Students studying at Sumy State University can also learn multiple cultures and various languages as almost 1300 foreign students from 50 different countries are studying at this university.
- Sumy State University is one of the oldest colleges very well known for pursuing MBBS in Ukraine.
- Sumy State University has many exchange programs and agreements with several other respected medical universities across the earth.
- Especially Indian students who are pursuing MBBS at Sumy State University get an enormous amount of clinical exposure from the 3rd year of their courses and can also start to interact with patients at a very early stage of their education.
- Affordable hostels and Indian mess are also available for international students.
MBBS Course Duration – Sumy State University-
Sumy State University offers an MBBS course for a duration of 6 long years- Pursuing MBBS at Sumy State University lasts for a duration of 6 years that includes 5 years of the classroom learning and 1-year of the internship. The university offers real-time and actual experience with patients through affiliated hospitals and at a very early stage of the course.
Eligibility Criteria: For MBBS Course at Sumy State University-
To pursue MBBS at Sumy State Medical University, the eligibility criteria is given below :
- The candidate has to at least be 17 years old on or before 31st December of the year in which his / her admission will be done.
- The Nationality of the students has to be mentioned as ‘Indian’.
- The aspirants need to have cleared the NEET entrance exam.
- All the aspirants must need to have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their elective subjects and attained at least half in a total of PCB enlisted. Also, students must need to have studied and passed English as a crucial subject.
- The aspirant must need to have scored a minimum mark of 50% in the elective subjects like Physics, Biology, Chemistry, all three combined.
The step by step admission Procedure for entering Sumy State University –
Step 1: With the aim to apply to Sumy State University and send an international application for it, the aspirant should first try to contact the admission department of that particular University through email and must send the documents mentioned below:-
- secondary school leaving certificate.
- international passport or in any case their birth certificate.
Step 2: In the next step for the conformation and guidance of the admission in enrolling to the University, the scanned documents required needs to be sent to the University through email for examination of eligibility.
Step 3: Along with the other details of registration, the aspirants will be granted with the admission confirmation letter in case if they are eligible for the admission.
Step 4: After that, students must apply for the invitation letter from the University, and it is asked to be delivered to the home address of the applicant at the Embassy of Ukraine.
Step 5: Students should also notify about the details of their flight to the University so that a deputy from the University can pick them up from the airport.
Step 6: It is very important for the student to follow all the above instructions for getting himself or herself to the university as because students will be sent back to their homeland in case a student fails to notify the University about their arrival there.
Documents Required for admission to Sumy State University for pursuing MBBS Course are listed below –
- A Passport which is valid for a minimum of 2 years
- Birth Certificate photocopy
- 6 coloured photos whose size must be 6×4 cm
- Invitation Letter from the particular University
- Ukraine Student Visa
- Expenses that are essential for the Academic year
- Affirmation Letter for the admission
- Flight tickets To and Fro and its details
- Original Education Certificates of class 10th and 12th and photocopies of their Education Certificates
- Parents’ money related status or Student’s record, if they are the one who is responsible to pay.
Courses offered at Sumy State University-
Sumy State University offers various programs as follows:-
- Family Medicine
The quality of education provided at Sumy State University –
Sumy State University offers high-quality education to UG (undergraduate) and PG (postgraduate) students:
- Sumy State University is the first Educational institution ever to exist in Ukraine that has been listed in the audit of the QS company in the categories such as teaching, engagement, access and e-learning.
- The university has a pact with the universities from 50 other countries that includes countries like the USA, Sweden, Great Britain, Poland, Germany, Austria, Bulgaria, France, Lithuania, Japan and other countries of the world to create a high standard of education.
- Suny State university very actively takes part in the academic mobility programs, Long term and short term programs, internships programs and placement programs for UG (undergraduate) and PG (postgraduate) students.
- The university has come to publish journals that include scientific journals, marketing and management of inventions, nanomaterial applications etc.
Facilities that are provided to the students at Sumy State University-
Following are the facilities provided at Sumy State University:
The university has a separate department of sports and physical education that organises sports, events, competitions, programs and provides meetings in respective sports. This department has a total of 62 sports clubs with registration of 2000 students.
The university has a modern integrated system of Information Technology that includes the following:
- Electronic Documents Circulation
- University Web-System
- Educational Process Support
- Library Management Support System
- Multimedia Training Classes
- Training Equipment
Library & Info Center:-
The university has an automated library and information system that includes a central library, technical schools, libraries of institutes technical schools, and libraries at chairs.
The library provides its students access to all kinds of educational information with more than 40 international electronic resources within the academic virtue of the university. The library has a real-time electronic catalogue that contains more than 55,000 electronic editions of documents.
Driving School of University:-
The driving lessons are given at the driving school of Sumy State University. What Driving school at Sumy State University offers are given below:
- Individual approach
- The option to choose a car for training
- Moderate price
The driving lessons are provided by the fully qualified and professional driving instructors of Sumy State University who teaches driving at a professional level.
Hostel & Accommodation Facilities:-
- The Sumy State University has 5 hostels where about 800 students can live approximately.
- At the hostel provided by Sumy State University, boys and girls are given housing on totally two different separate floors.
- Hostels are provided with all the modern and advanced features like CCTV surveillance cameras, round the clock security, fire alarm safety, etc. that works 24×7.
- The rooms at the hostel are assigned on a first come first fulfil basis and each of the rooms can be shared by a maximum number of 2 to 3 students.
- All of the rooms are provided with study tables, beds, bed sheets, chairs, pillows, lamp lights, etc.
- Gyms and reading halls are also accessible at the hostels.
- Students can stay at the private apartments that are available from the 2nd year onwards but first-year students need to compulsorily stay at the government hostel.
- The ground floor is also provided with a cafeteria so that students can go there and relax in their free time.
Student’s Life at Sumy State University-
- Sumy State University has a very active and productive student life.
- The social life of Sumy State University is portrayed by a tremendous variation of projects and cultural programs organised periodically.
- To add to that students can take part in any provided different clubs and activities that are related to dancing groups, reading groups, literacy workshops, drama groups, several theatre groups, volunteering them, sports and events etc.
- There are also many other services and facilities for students at Sumy State University which includes a library, housing services, a driving school, health services, physical education and sports department etc.
- The university has a genuine club that offers almost 40 different kinds of sports including basketball, aerobics, boxing and swimming.
- Sumy State University works hard to adjust and modify the needs and demands of international, foreign students and also offers optional psychological support for those who need it.
We have combined almost all the necessary needed information for going and pursuing MBBS in Ukraine. Hopefully, no one will have any more confusion left about how to take admission to Sumy State University in Ukraine. We have made it very easy for the students who are aspiring to go there and as well as their parents. Even then, in case of any kind of confusion, contacts with us are also available.