The Second Tashkent State Medical Institute was established in 1990 by the cabinet ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan. It was created by merging the old and new Tashkent structures to form two medical institutes, namely the first and second Tashkent Medical Academy, both located in Tashkent.
The MBBS programme offered by the Second Tashkent Medical Academy aims to produce highly skilled specialists with a focus on clinical skills. The academy is authorized to conduct research on ecological and human health and has implemented a coordination and monitoring system for research work. The academy has seven scientific committees currently in operation.
The academy’s first faculties were General Medicine, Pedagogy, and Nursing, and it currently has 4662 students enrolled. The institution also educates 765 postgraduates and 205 physicians. Compared to other medical institutes, the Second Tashkent Medical Institute has a relatively affordable fee structure, and the entrance procedures are straightforward.
Check Your Eligibility
Affiliations and Recognitions of Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
The Second Tashkent State Medical Institute has received various affiliations and recognitions from different institutions around the world.
- Accreditation by the MCI: The Medical Council of India has accredited the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute, which means that it meets the standards and requirements set by the MCI for medical education and training. This recognition is important for Indian students who are interested in studying medicine in Uzbekistan as it allows them to practice medicine in India after completing their education.
- Acknowledgement by FAIMER: The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) has acknowledged the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute for its quality of education and training. FAIMER is a renowned organization that evaluates and promotes excellence in medical education worldwide.
- Endorsement by NMC and WHO: The National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) have both endorsed the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute. This recognition indicates that the institute meets the international standards for medical education and training and that its graduates are eligible to work in other countries.
- Official recognition by UNESCO: The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has officially recognized the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute for its contribution to education and research in the field of medicine. This recognition adds to the institute’s prestige and reputation on a global level.
Affiliation with International Universities
The Second Tashkent Medical Institute is a medical institution that is associated with various universities worldwide. These include:
- Seoul University – A prestigious university located in South Korea that offers various undergraduate and graduate programs in the field of medicine, including medicine, dentistry, and nursing.
- Humboldt University (Berlin) – A university in Germany that is known for its excellence in research and teaching. It offers various medical programs, including medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy.
- Russian State Medical University – One of the oldest and most renowned medical universities in Russia that offers a wide range of medical programs, including general medicine, pediatrics, and dentistry.
- Samara State Medical University – A leading medical university in Russia that offers undergraduate and graduate programs in various medical fields, including general medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy.
- Moscow State Medical University – A top medical university in Russia that is known for its excellence in medical education and research. It offers various medical programs, including medicine, pediatrics, and dentistry.
- Family Medicine Residency Center – A residency center that offers training programs in family medicine. It is located in the United States and is affiliated with various medical institutions worldwide.
- Chkhonnam State University (Korea) – A university in South Korea that offers various undergraduate and graduate programs in medicine, including medicine, dentistry, and nursing.
These affiliations allow the Second Tashkent Medical Institute to collaborate with these universities in various ways, including student exchange programs, joint research projects, and sharing of academic resources. As a result, students at the Second Tashkent Medical Institute can benefit from exposure to different medical practices and perspectives, which can broaden their knowledge and skills in the field of medicine.
Why Study MBBS in Second Tashkent Medical Institute for Indian Students?
- No Special Degree Required: One of the biggest advantages of studying MBBS at the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is that no special degree is required for admission. All that is needed is a NEET scorecard.
- Ragging-Free Zone: This means that students can focus on their studies without having to worry about being subjected to harassment or bullying.
- Internationally Recognised Degree: The MBBS degree offered by the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is internationally recognised. This means that graduates can practice medicine in any country of their choice.
- Easy Access to Transportation: The Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is easily accessible by public transportation. This makes it easy for students to get to and from the institute.
- Scholarship Programs: The institution provides financial assistance to students through scholarship programmes. This makes it easier for students from low-income families to pursue their dreams of becoming doctors.
- Hostel Accommodation: Students at the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute can stay in a hostel. This provides them with a safe and secure place to stay while they pursue their studies.
- High Level of Security: The Second Tashkent State Medical Institute has a high level of security. This means that students can study and live in a safe and secure environment.
Second Tashkent State Medical Institute Overview
- The Second Tashkent State Medical Institute was established in 1990.
- It is a government institute.
- The institute is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- To be eligible for admission, students must have at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology aggregate.
- The course duration is six years.
- Qualifying marks in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) are required for admission.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores are not required for admission.
- The medium of instruction is English.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute for Indian Students
- Affordable education: The Second Tashkent State Medical Institute offers a world-class education at an affordable cost. Students can get an excellent education without breaking the bank.
- Regional focus: The institute considers regional issues, such as religious freedom and legal defense, which are crucial for Asian and Latin American countries. This focus allows students to develop an understanding of the cultural and legal nuances of these regions, which can be invaluable in their future careers.
- Well-equipped classrooms and labs: The institute provides well-equipped classrooms, fundamental scientific and clinical laboratories, training facilities, and clinical bases. These facilities are essential for students to gain hands-on experience in a practical setting.
- Collaboration with foreign institutions: The institute collaborates with foreign scientific and educational institutions, providing students with exposure to international practices and standards. This collaboration helps students broaden their horizons and gain a global perspective.
- Innovative teaching methods: The institute’s professional team is continually looking for new ways to teach that will help students improve their clinical and interpersonal abilities. This approach to teaching ensures that students are well-equipped with the latest knowledge and skills.
Duration of MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute for Indian Students
- The Second Tashkent State Medical Institute offers an MBBS programme that lasts for six years. This duration includes both academic coursework and a mandatory internship.
- Students pursuing an MBBS degree at the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute must complete the programme within six years. This means that they must finish all coursework and the internship within the specified duration.
- The six-year duration of the MBBS programme is standard for medical programmes in many countries. This is because medical education requires a significant amount of time for students to gain the necessary knowledge and skills to practice medicine safely and effectively.
- The MBBS programme at the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is designed to provide students with a comprehensive education in the medical sciences. The curriculum covers a wide range of topics, including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, and clinical medicine, among others.
- The internship component of the MBBS programme is a crucial part of medical education. It allows students to gain practical experience working in a clinical setting and applying the knowledge and skills they have learned in the classroom.
- Completing the MBBS programme within the specified duration of six years is essential for students who wish to obtain their degree and practice medicine professionally. Students who are unable to complete the programme within this time frame may face delays in graduating or be required to repeat coursework or the internship.
Faculties in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
- General Medicine: This faculty trains students to become doctors who are skilled in diagnosing and treating illnesses. Students learn about the human body and how it works, as well as various diseases and their treatments. They also gain practical experience by working in hospitals and clinics.
- Pedagogy: This faculty focuses on training future teachers in the medical field. Students learn how to design curriculums, teach effectively, and assess the progress of their students. They also gain knowledge in medical topics so that they can effectively teach their students.
- Preventive Medicine: This faculty focuses on preventing diseases from occurring in the first place. Students learn about different factors that can cause illnesses, such as environmental pollution, poor nutrition, and lack of exercise. They also learn about how to promote healthy habits and behaviors.
- Nursing: This faculty trains students to become skilled nurses who can care for patients in a variety of settings, such as hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes. Students learn how to provide basic care, administer medications, and monitor patients’ vital signs. They also gain knowledge about various illnesses and their treatments.
- Medical Biology: This faculty focuses on the biological aspects of medicine. Students learn about the human body at a cellular and molecular level, as well as the biological mechanisms that cause diseases. They also learn about various laboratory techniques that are used to diagnose and treat illnesses.
Fee Structure of MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
The estimated tuition fee for the academic year 2023-2024 at the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is around $3800.
Global Ranking of Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
The ranking of the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute in Uzbekistan is 7, while its global ranking is 5882.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute for Indian Students
The Second Tashkent State Medical Institute has certain eligibility criteria for students wishing to pursue MBBS studies. The requirements are as follows:
- Passport: Applicants must possess a valid passport to be eligible for admission to the institute.
- Academic Transcripts: As part of the application process, candidates must submit their academic transcripts, which demonstrate their previous academic performance.
- Passport Size Photo: Applicants must also provide a passport size photo to accompany their application.
- Academic Performance: The applicant must have a cumulative score of 50 percent for open caste students and 40 percent for reserved caste students in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. This is an essential criterion to be considered for admission to the institute.
- Age Requirement: Candidates must be at least 17 years old to be eligible for admission.
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must have completed their 12th grade education from a recognized institution. This is also a crucial eligibility criterion.
- NEET Clearance: Finally, applicants must pass the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) to be considered for admission to the institute.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
The following are the steps involved in the admission process for the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute:
Step 1: Application Form The applicant must fill out the application form available on the institute’s admission web portal. The form must include information about the language and training format preferences.
Step 2: Approval by the Institute After the applicant submits the application form, the chief of the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute must approve it. The approval process includes verifying the language and training format.
Step 3: Submission of Documents The applicant must submit authenticated copies of the required documents. The copies must be translated into Russian or Uzbek.
Step 4: Sending Documents The candidate can send scanned copies of the documents to the academy’s international section.
Step 5: Admission Letter and Invitation Letter Once the institute receives the documents, it will send an admission letter and an invitation letter to the applicant.
Step 6: Visa Application The applicant must apply for a visa to travel to Uzbekistan.
Step 7: Departure from India After obtaining the visa, the applicant can travel to Uzbekistan.
Step 8: Reporting to the College The applicant must report to the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute on the date specified in the admission letter.
Step 9: Documentation The applicant must complete all necessary documentation and submit it to the institute.
Step 10: Attending Classes After completing all the necessary documentation, the applicant can attend classes at the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute.
Documents Required for MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
The following is a list of the documents required for admission to the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute. The list is provided in points for ease of reading:
- Copy of Passport: This document is mandatory for admission and should be submitted along with the application form. The passport copy should be clear and legible. It should contain your name, photograph, date of birth, and other relevant details.
- Mark Sheets Copy: You are required to submit copies of your academic transcripts from the previous educational institutions you attended. These transcripts should be certified and include details of the subjects studied, grades obtained, and the overall percentage of marks obtained.
- Certified Copy of Your Birth Certificate: You must submit a certified copy of your birth certificate as proof of your age and identity. The certificate should be issued by a competent authority and should include your name, date of birth, and other relevant details.
- Medical Certification: A medical certificate is mandatory for admission to the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute. The certificate should be issued by a registered medical practitioner and should certify that you are physically and mentally fit to pursue medical education.
- Receipt of Funds: You must provide a receipt of the funds paid towards the application fee and other charges. This receipt should be clear and legible and should be submitted along with the application form.
- Admissions Statement (Invitation Letter): You must provide an admissions statement or an invitation letter from the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute. This letter should confirm that you have been offered admission to the institute and should provide details of the course and the fees payable.
- Photographs (Passport Size): You must provide passport-sized photographs along with the application form. The photographs should be clear and recent and should show your full face. You must submit at least two photographs.
Syllabus of MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
The MBBS syllabus at Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is structured in a way that provides comprehensive knowledge and skills required for a successful career in the field of medicine. The program spans over six years, and the curriculum is divided into the following subjects, which are taught year-wise:
- Medical Chemistry: This subject focuses on the principles of chemical reactions that take place in living organisms and how drugs interact with the body.
- Histology: The study of the microscopic structure of tissues and organs, and how they are organized into functional units.
- Bioorganic Chemistry: This course deals with the study of the organic compounds present in living organisms and their role in biological processes.
- Cytology: This subject focuses on the study of cells, their structure, and function.
- Embryology: The study of the development of an embryo from fertilization to birth.
- Fundamentals of Psychology: This subject provides an overview of the basic concepts and principles of psychology, which is important in understanding patient behavior.
- Human Anatomy: The study of the structure and organization of the human body.
- Elective Courses: Students can choose from a list of elective courses that cover topics such as medical ethics, medical terminology, and medical history.
- Physiology: The study of the functioning of living organisms and their organs.
- Human Anatomy: Continuation of the study of human anatomy from the first year.
- Biochemistry: The study of the processes that occur within living organisms.
- Microbiology: The study of microorganisms, including bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa, and their effect on human health.
- Patient Care: This course provides practical training in patient care, including diagnosis, treatment, and communication skills.
- Embryology: Continuation of the study of embryology from the first year.
- Emergency Medicine: This subject focuses on the management of medical emergencies and the critical care of patients.
- Pharmacology: The study of drugs, their properties, uses, and effects on the body.
- Pediatrics: The study of medical care for infants, children, and adolescents.
- Internal Medicine: The study of the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting internal organs.
- General Surgery: The study of surgical procedures for the treatment of diseases and injuries.
- Ecology: This subject covers environmental health and the impact of human activities on the environment.
- Radiology: The use of medical imaging techniques, such as X-rays, to diagnose and treat diseases.
- Biostatistics: The use of statistical methods to analyze and interpret medical data.
- Pathomorphology: The study of the changes in tissues and organs caused by disease.
- Tuberculosis: The study of tuberculosis, a bacterial infection that mainly affects the lungs.
- Surgery: Continuation of the study of surgical procedures from the third year.
- Social Medicine: The study of the social and environmental factors that affect health.
- Urology: The study of medical care for the urinary tract and male reproductive system.
- Neurology: The study of medical care for the nervous system.
- Ophthalmology: The study of medical care for the eyes.
- Narcology: The study of drug addiction and its treatment.
- Medical Psychology: The study of the psychological factors that affect health and illness.
- Forensic Medicine: The application of medical knowledge to legal cases.
- Infectious Disease: The study of infectious diseases and their prevention and treatment.
- Oncology: The study of medical care for cancer patients.
- Clinical Immunology: The study of the immune system and its disorders.
- Epidemiology: The study of the determinants and distribution of health and disease in populations.
- Obstetrics: The study of medical care for pregnant women.
- General Practice: This subject provides practical training in the diagnosis and management of common medical conditions in a primary care setting.
- Elective Courses: Students can choose from a variety of elective courses that allow them to specialize in a particular area of medicine, such as cardiology, gastroenterology, or dermatology.
Hostel and Accommodation Available in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
The Second Tashkent State Medical Institute provides accommodation to its students in five different dormitories, which can house up to 1700 students. The following are some important points related to the hostels and accommodation at the university:
- Dormitory Administration: The administration of all five dormitories is under the control of the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute.
- Security Measures: A turnstile is located in the corridor of each hostel to prevent unauthorized access and ensure the safety of the students. Personal district guards are also assigned to each hostel for additional security.
- Common Areas: Each hostel has a common area where students can relax and unwind. These areas come equipped with modern amenities such as a TV and furniture. Additionally, the hostels provide computer rooms and libraries for academic purposes.
- Sports Facilities: The university recognizes the importance of physical fitness and offers gyms, football, basketball, and volleyball courts on the hostel property.
- Internet Access: The university provides wireless internet access to students residing in the hostels. This enables them to stay connected with their family and friends, as well as conduct research and complete assignments.
Cost of Living in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute
- Accommodation: The cost of living in Uzbekistan is relatively low compared to other countries. Students can expect to pay around 6,500 to 14,000 Indian Rupees per month for their accommodation. The cost of accommodation may vary depending on the type of housing, location, and amenities.
- Food expenses: Food expenses for students studying at the Second Tashkent State Medical Institute will cost around 4,500 to 6,500 Indian Rupees per month. This amount will cover the cost of groceries and meals eaten outside. It is important to note that the cost of food may vary depending on one’s eating habits and preferences.
- Transportation costs: Students will also need to budget for transportation costs, which will be around 1,500 to 2,500 Indian Rupees per month. This cost will cover the cost of commuting to and from the Institute, as well as exploring the city.
Why MBBS in Uzbekistan for Indian Students?
- Government-funded universities: Uzbekistan has several government-funded universities that offer MBBS programs. This makes it easier for students to pursue their education without having to worry about financial constraints.
- Recognition by MCI: The Medical Council of India (MCI) recognizes some of the medical universities in Uzbekistan. This means that Indian students who complete their MBBS in Uzbekistan are eligible to practice medicine in India after passing the MCI screening test.
- No language competency exams: Unlike other countries that require language competency exams like TOEFL or IELTS, Uzbekistan doesn’t require any language competency examinations for admission to medical universities. This makes it easier for Indian students to apply and pursue their education without having to worry about language barriers.
- English-medium instruction: The medium of instruction in Uzbekistan’s medical universities is English, which is a significant advantage for Indian students who are proficient in English. This eliminates the need to learn a new language, making it easier for students to focus on their studies.
- International exposure: Studying MBBS in Uzbekistan provides Indian students with international exposure. They get to learn about different cultures and interact with students from various countries. This exposure can be beneficial for their personal and professional growth.
- Safe environment: Uzbekistan is a safe country for Indian students. The government has taken several measures to ensure the safety of international students. This includes providing them with on-campus accommodation and 24/7 security.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Uzbekistan for Indian Students
- Cost-effective Education: One of the primary advantages of studying MBBS in Uzbekistan is the cost. The cost of medical education in Uzbekistan is lower when compared to India’s private medical institutes. This makes it an affordable option for students who wish to pursue medicine without putting a financial strain on their families.
- Accreditation: Most of the medical universities in Uzbekistan are accredited by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and international organizations like the World Health Organization (WHO). This ensures that the degrees obtained from these universities are recognized worldwide, and students can practice medicine in any country they choose.
- Medium of Instruction: English is the medium of instruction in Uzbekistan’s medical universities, which is a significant advantage for Indian students. They do not have to learn a new language to study medicine in Uzbekistan, and this makes it easy for them to adjust to the new environment.
- Quality of Education: The level of medical education in Uzbekistan is excellent, and the country’s universities have state-of-the-art infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of medicine, and they are exposed to the latest technologies and techniques used in the field. The faculties in these universities are highly qualified and experienced, ensuring that students receive quality education.
- Global Exposure: Studying medicine in Uzbekistan provides students with an opportunity to experience a new culture and learn from a diverse group of people. This exposure is beneficial for students as they can develop a global perspective and broaden their horizons.
What is the duration of the MBBS course in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
The MBBS course in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is of six years duration.
Is the MBBS degree from Second Tashkent State Medical Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)?
Yes, the MBBS degree from Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
What is the medium of instruction in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
The medium of instruction in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is English.
Are there any scholarships available for Indian students studying in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
Yes, there are scholarships available for Indian students studying in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute. Students can apply for scholarships offered by the Indian government, Uzbekistan government, or other organizations.
What is the eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply for MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
The eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply for MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute are as follows:
- The student must have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
- The student must have passed the 10+2 examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must have qualified in NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).
What is the total cost of pursuing MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute for Indian students?
The total cost of pursuing MBBS in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute for Indian students varies depending on factors such as tuition fees, hostel fees, and other expenses. On average, it can cost between INR 20-30 lakhs for the entire course.
Is there any entrance exam to get admission to Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
No, there is no entrance exam to get admission to Second Tashkent State Medical Institute. Admissions are based on the eligibility criteria and availability of seats.
What is the hostel facility like in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
Second Tashkent State Medical Institute has separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostel facilities are equipped with all necessary amenities such as bed, study table, wardrobe, and attached bathroom. The hostel also has a common room, library, and gym.
What is the curriculum of the MBBS course in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
The curriculum of the MBBS course in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute follows the guidelines set by the Medical Council of India (MCI). It includes both theoretical and practical aspects of medicine and surgery, along with clinical training.
What are the career prospects after completing MBBS from Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
After completing MBBS from Second Tashkent State Medical Institute, Indian students can appear for the MCI screening test and get registered with the Medical Council of India. They can then pursue higher studies or work as a medical professional in India or abroad.
What is the quality of education and facilities provided in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is a well-established institution with experienced faculty and modern infrastructure. The institute is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories, libraries, and lecture halls. The teaching methodology is student-centric and includes interactive sessions, group discussions, and practical training.
What is the admission process for Indian students in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
Indian students can apply directly to Second Tashkent State Medical Institute through their official website or through authorized education consultants. The institute requires a set of documents such as academic transcripts, passport copy, and NEET scorecard. Once the documents are verified, the admission offer is sent to the student.
Is there any language barrier for Indian students in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
The medium of instruction in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute is English, and the faculty is well-versed in the language. However, students might face communication challenges with locals outside the campus as the local language is Uzbek. The institute provides language classes to help students overcome this barrier.
What is the culture and lifestyle like in Uzbekistan for Indian students?
Uzbekistan is a culturally rich country with a blend of Eastern and Western influences. The people are friendly and hospitable towards foreigners. The cost of living is comparatively lower than other countries, making it an affordable destination for students. However, students might have to adjust to the weather, food, and lifestyle in the beginning.
What are the safety and security measures taken by Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
Second Tashkent State Medical Institute has a 24/7 security system in place with CCTV cameras, security personnel, and access control systems. The institute also conducts regular safety drills and provides medical assistance to students in case of emergencies.
Can Indian students practice medicine in India after completing their MBBS from Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
Yes, Indian students who have completed their MBBS from Second Tashkent State Medical Institute can practice medicine in India after clearing the MCI screening test and completing their internship. The degree is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
What are the extracurricular activities and student clubs available in Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
Second Tashkent State Medical Institute encourages students to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports, cultural events, and community service. The institute has several student clubs such as music club, drama club, and sports club, which help students pursue their interests outside academics.
Can Indian students get a job in Uzbekistan after completing their MBBS from Second Tashkent State Medical Institute?
Yes, Indian students can work as medical professionals in Uzbekistan after completing their MBBS from Second Tashkent State Medical Institute. However, they might have to clear the local licensing exam and fulfill the work permit requirements.