Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University in short known as IKBFU and formerly known as the Immanuel Kant Russian State University, or in brief the Kant University and as Kaliningrad State University from 1967 to 2005, is a university in the city of Kaliningrad located in Russia formerly known as Königsberg. The Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal university alleges to conserve the traditions of its German ancestor, the University of Königsberg.
Check Your Eligibility
This University is one of the top 10 federal universities of the Russian Federation. On the 13th of October in the year 2010, the Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation ordered for the union of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University. Immanuel Kant who was the University’s greatest alumnus is one of the world-famous philosophers and scholars, who was also a Russian citizen for a quick interval of time. Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University is a major top and main educational federation, especially in Russia’s westernmost area.
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University i.e IKBFU was established on the 13th of October in the year 2010 and is situated in the city of Kaliningrad, Russia. The Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University is named after Immanuel Kant, the philosopher himself.
It is a favourable choice for students across the world for studying MBBS. The university seeks to conserve academic and research traditions alive and along with it also provides a high level of medical education, a friendly environment, and the latest educational equipment and modern technology.
Hundreds and thousands of students are found to be graduating from Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University and working at some of the best places known across the globe with a globally accepted medical degree.
The application forms are out now, students can try for admission in it by visiting the official website of Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.
The medical aspirants are expected to fill the application form with correct information till September, before the deadline.
Let us first know some facts about Immanuel Kant:-
Immanuel Kant was a great German philosopher and one of the prominent civilization thinkers. Kant’s detailed, organized and systematic works in metaphysics, epistemology, aesthetics and ethics were the things that made him one of the most influential and crucial figures in the field of modern Western philosophy.
In his doctrine degree of transcendental idealism, Kant insisted that space and time are very “forms of intuition” which forms all the experience, and thus that while “things-in-themselves” occur and contribute to the experience, so they are however none the less different from the objects of the experience. From this, it obeys that the objects of the experience are very “appearances”, and that the nature of things as they are in themselves is accordingly unknown to us. In a try to contradict the suspicion that he found in the writings of philosopher David Hume, he wrote the Critique of Pure Reason (1781 / 1787) which was one of his most well-known and best of all his works.
Kant concluded that ‘reason’ is also the actual origin of morality and that aesthetics occurs from a group of disinterested judgments. Kant’s beliefs continue to have a crucial and major influence on contemporary philosophy, especially in the fields of epistemology, political theory, ethics, and post-modern aesthetics. He also strived to explain the relationship between reason and human experience and to shift beyond what he believed to be the downfalls of traditional philosophy and metaphysics. What he wanted was to put an end to what he saw as a period of futile and questionable theories of human experience, while ignoring the scepticism of thinkers such as Human beings.
Kant was a supporter of very the idea that continual peace could be ensured through universal democracy, some international partnerships and foreign alliances, and that maybe this could be the peak stage of world history. The very nature of Kant’s religious views begins again to be the subject of scholarly inflict and debate, with his viewpoints varying from the opinion that he changed positions from early security of an ontological argument for the existence of God to a principled agnosticism, to more critical and significant treatments epitomized by Schopenhauer, a philosopher who condemned the very idea that the essential form of Kantian ethics is to be as “theological morals” and the “Mosaic Decalogue in disguise”, and Nietzsche, a philosopher and poet who alleged that Kant had “theologian blood” and that he was barely a sophisticated apologist for any kind of traditional Christian faith. But beyond his own religious views, Kant has also been condemned and criticised for all the racism that was presented in some of his lesser-known papers, such as “On the Use of Teleological Principles in Philosophy” and “On the Different Races of Man” etc. Although he was a follower of scientific racism for a long time of his career, Kant’s own views on race changed considerably in the last decade or last few years of his life, and he eventually dismissed racial hierarchies and European colonialism in his work of ‘Perpetual Peace: A Philosophical’ Sketch which published in 1795.
Kant has published many other significant works on topics of ethics, law, religion, aesthetics, history and astronomy during his life span which includes the works such as ‘Universal Natural History’ in the year of 1755, ‘the Critique of Practical Reason’ in the year of 1788, ‘the Critique of Judgment’ in the year of 1790, ‘Religion within the Bounds of Bare Reason’ in the year of 1793, and ‘the Metaphysics of Morals’ in the year of 1797 and many more.
The political philosophy of Immanuel Kant ( from 1724 to 1804) talked about a classical republican approach. In his work of ‘Perpetual Peace: A Philosophical Sketch’ that was published in the year of 1795 where Immanuel Kant documented various conditions that he thought was essential for ending the wars and establishing a long-lasting peace and unity. The list contained a world full of constitutional republics by the establishment of a political community. And at the end of the 20th century, Kant’s political philosophy had been celebrating a remarkable renaissance in English-speaking countries with an increased number of more major studies in a few years than it had ever appeared in the coming before many decades.
Some History facts about Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University:-
The retired University of Königsberg was generally known as the Albertina. It was East Prussia’s single and only university to be there and was especially regarded for its mathematics and astronomy subject study. The campus was harshly damaged by British aerial bombing in August of the year 1944 i.e during World War II. The Albertina was then shut down after Königsberg was captured by the Red Army in the year 1945.
After the world war II, Königsberg was re-named as Kaliningrad and the new Russophone Kaliningrad State Pedagogical Institute used that former campus of the Albertina from 1948 to 1967, including the main Albertina building inauguration 1862, also in which some of the original structure can still be seen present there. In the year 1967, the association received the status of a university and became to be known as Kaliningrad State University.
In the year 2005, during the celebrations of the 750th anniversary of the founding of Königsberg, President Vladimir Putin of Russia and Chancellor Gerhard Schröder of Germany declared openly that the university would again be re-named and this time it would be called as Immanuel Kant Russian State University in honour of the great philosopher Immanuel Kant.
As of the year 2005, the university is comprised of like twelve faculties with the courses ranging from Natural Sciences to the Humanities. It had approximately 12,800 students enrolled, both undergraduate i.e UG and post-graduate i.e PG, and around 580 faculty staff members. IKSUR’s Kant Society was built to study Kantianism, or Kantian philosophy. The university is also very interested in the historical connections that were there in between Königsberg and Russia as far back as the period of the 16th century.
In the year 2010 to 2011, the university was undergoing a growth and rebranding process which did eventually lead to changing its name and re-naming it from Immanuel Kant State University of Russia to Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.
Education and training
- The Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University of today is an educational, scientific, cultural and enlightenment center situated in the westernmost region of Russia.
- The university has now initiated the vocational training programmed.
- This university carries out more than 300 educational programmed in some of the fields of secondary, higher education and vocational as well as it is continuing through the post-university education.
- The University tends to employ around 900 teaching staff and more faculty members.
- The total number of students and doctoral students there now exceeds 14,000.
- The list of the IKBFU educational programmed participating in the “Best educational programmed of innovative Russia” project, which has always been carried out by the Guild of professional education experts i.e. the National center of public accreditation and the editorial board of the Akkreditathsiya v obrazovanii magazine are as follows:- Social and cultural services and tourism, Services, Interpreting and translation studies, Law, Applied mathematics and informatics, Mathematical maintenance and administration of information systems, Marketing, Tourism, Mathematics, Philosophy, Journalism, Transport management and logistics.
Percentage of students according to the major fields of study in Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University are as follows:-
- Humanities students are 37.2%
- Economics and Management students are 12.4%
- Services students are 10.7%
- Natural Sciences students are 10.4%
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences students are 8.2%
- Transport students are 5.8%
- Education and Pedagogy students are 4.4%
- Healthcare students are 4.0%
- Information Security students are 2.8%
- Electronic and Radio Engineering and communications students are 1.6%
- Social Sciences students are 1.5%
- Culture and Arts students are 1.0%
Innovation in the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University:-
A science park was built up at the university in the year 2008. The major task of the park is the attention of the research potential. The IKBFU innovation park executes the Presidential programmed for training managerial staff for national interests. The educational courses that are offered within this programme allow students to develop skills in the application of approaches and devices for strategic development in a business environment.
International cooperation that we get in Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University:-
The level of international alliance and partnerships puts IKBFU amongst the top ten higher educational institutions of Russia. One of the major goals of the International Office of IKBFU is to promote attention in the Russian educational system among the Baltic Sea States. The main aim of the International Office is to manage and coordinate all the international activities of the university as a whole i.e its students and PhD candidates, teachers, staff, and other faculty members. But the International Office deals not only with the academic and research exchange programs or organization of foreign delegations or committee visits, but also decides, launches and arranges international events including events like the international cyber sports tournaments, some theatre festivals and many more.
Executive order on founding Immanuel Kant University:-
Dmitry Medvedev was the one who signed the Executive Order On Establishment of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University on the 13th of October, 2010.
What the Executive Order charges the Government of the Russian Federation is with them creating Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University in the Northwest Federal District, within the span of three months and on the basis of the Immanuel Kant Russian State University.
The Executive Order specifies the merging of other state institutions of higher education and scientific organisations with the new university that was established.
The Government is then further informed to provide state support for the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University together with executive authorities of the Russian regions.
Very well-known people like I. Kant, J. Ham6ann, J. Herder, F.W. Bessel, K. Jacobi, F. Linderman, А. Gurvits, D. Hilbert and H. Helmholtz used to teach at the Albertina University. К. Donelaitis who the founder of Lithuanian literature, studied theology at that university. E.T.A. Hoffman who is a famous writer and composer attended lectures in philosophy at Albertina university itself. And Albertina’s one greatest professor was Immanuel Kant, the world-famous philosopher, and, as some scholars state, also a Russian citizen for some time. The name of Immanuel Kant will forever be linked to the city of Königsberg and the Albertina University with the global history of culture and as it can be seen became the trademark for the region. Now, the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University is a driver of the complex development of the Kaliningrad exclave. Kaliningrad geopolitics, its vicinity to both borders and the sea now determines the University’s research profile, its student geography, scientific collaborations and partnership networks with the International Institutes. The mission of the University is to develop interdisciplinary research programs and education that answers global and local agendas and which will serve as the basis for the critical examination, scrutiny and social engineering for the benefit of humanity. The University seeks the strategic goal of becoming an identified well-known centre of research, education, expertise and analytics in the field of applied complex development of special territories and ecosystems, philosophy and sustainable development of the exclave region of Russia. The Baltic region performs as a natural integration environment, especially for the westernmost Russian universities. There are 27 international projects with a total budget of more than 5 million euros that has recently been implemented in cooperation with all the Baltic countries in the sea region. And over all these years, an informal partnership of Baltic universities constructed around several identical characteristics like compact size shared research agenda, focus on addressing the challenges of the region and identical organisational structure etc. The University also is a member of international research programs and academic networks and take part in various Mega science projects. Over 480 international students from places like Latvia, Poland, Lithuania, Germany and other countries of Europe, America and Asia come to the Baltic to study at the university. And each year, over 300 international students visit IKBFU to take part in different forms of academic trade and also some short-term training programs. Like over 160 partnership treaties have been finalized, half of them intended for executing education and research projects and some international mobility programmes. IKBFU seems successfully to carries out international network projects in the sea region of the Baltic, containing those which focuses on the Russian language in countries with a Russian-speaking population.
Why choose to study MBBS at Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University?
If the aspirants want to seek an MBBS course in the best medical college then Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University is an excellent choice and here we present some of some favourable reasons to pick this university:
- The Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University has recently inaugurated vocational training programmes for worldwide students.
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University has alliances with more than 150 other international universities.
- This university carries out more than 300 educational programmes for all its students.
- The Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University provides more than 900 teaching staff members with giving high-class education of medicine to the students.
- Presently around fourteen thousand students are studying at Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University offers a cost-effective and very affordable MBBS tuition fee for worldwide medical aspirants.
- The medium of teaching the MBBS course is only in English and Russian language.
- The students also encounter a very hassle-free admission procedure at Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University.
- The Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University also has a great Russian campus infrastructure.
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University is a well known safe place for girls to pursue their MBBS.
- The University open heartedly welcomes foreign students for 1 or 2 semesters’ exchange study purposes, and the students don’t even need to pay tuition fees from their partner universities.
- The students of Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University receive a medical degree from the University which is globally accepted.
Some of the features of Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University:-
- Students from around 40 countries and 85 Russian provinces are supposed to be trained at the IKBFU.
- Around 10229 students are put in vocational and higher education programmes.
- More than half i.e around 64% of all students are female in gender.
- There are 166 education programmes that are held in the University.
- Around 20% of students live in dormitories
- There are 7 dormitories provided by the University.
- Also, 5 new dormitories are built.
- There are 11 student organizations found in the university.
- There are around 671 facilities provided by the University.
- There are 27 research laboratories in the University.
- There are 100 research collaborations with international partners
- There is a total of 10 educational institutions.
- There are 54 buildings in a distributed campus.
- There are 9.6% international students found studying in the university.
- There is a growth of 23% is found in the budget of the university.
- There are also 18 sports facilities that include Swimming pools, football pitches, track and field facilities and many more.
- There are 30% of degree programs that are internationally accredited.
- There is like 100% of the regional needs in medical, social and mathematician staff that are satisfied by the university.
Eligibility Criteria for taking admission in the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University are:-
The students across the globe are required to fit into the following criteria given below to get admission to pursue MBBS at Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University:
- The applicant should be a minimum of 17 years old or above.
- The aspirant must score more than 50% in 10+2 standard exams or related courses with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects, then he or she can apply for the admission process for MBBS in Russia.
- The aspirant need to clear the NEET entrance examination with an eligible score, so they can grab the MBBS seats easily with NEET clearance.
Step by step admission Process:-
The medical candidates need to follow all these basic steps to get admission to pursue MBBS course at Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University:
Step 1: First, one needs to fill the Online Application form with all the essential details.
Step 2: One needs to submit all the needed educational and other documents with the application for their visa invitation.
Step 3: And after some days, the university will send an offer or invitation letter to the candidate.
Step 4: Then you need to lay the tuition fee for the first year of your course.
Step 5: After that, you can start the visa procedure to get yourself a valid visa. The candidate will then get a valid passport to fly.
Documents Required for admission to the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University are mentioned below:-
The International or foreign students need to submit all the required important documents during the MBBS course admission procedure at Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University and they are:-
- Academic mark sheets proof
- 7 Passport size photos
- Birth certificate
- Tuition fee payment receipt
- NEET examination report card
- Notarized translation of the passport
- Valid Student Visa
- Medical certificate
- Copy of education certificate with the grades and courses included
- Copy of passport i.e its 1st page
- Covid-19 negative report
- Notarized translation of the education certificate
- HIV test certificate
- All translations are to be performed in the Russian Federation or notarized by the Russian Embassy.
Important note: All of the essential document has legalization and translation from HRD & embassy.
Courses that are offered at Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University are mentioned below:-
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University has the following faculties under them:-
- Surgical disciplines
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University’s course duration for MBBS is:-
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University gives 6 years of MBBS course duration:
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University offers an MBBS course of 6 years in English medium of instruction.
- And During the medicine program of education, the students will develop theoretical and practical knowledge from highly dedicated and experienced faculty members who produce skills, mastery and confidence in the students and then, in the end, the students must undergo 1 year of internship.
Medium of Teaching in Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University:-
- The medium of teaching and instruction at Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University is English and Russian. Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University gives MBBS education to worldwide international and foreign medical aspirants in 100% English language and also in the Russian language for some students.
Scholarship programs provided by the university are:-
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University offers many scholarship programs to the global, international and foreign students who come to pursue MBBS there and they are:-
- The students who are in need of financial support for study purposes at the university can apply for the Government Quota Scheme.
- And the students who have already taken admission in a university abroad can apply for Erasmus+ grant or bilateral agreement grant for exchange studies.
The scholarship programs are explained below:
- Every one of the students from abroad can apply for their study purposes at Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University through the quota scheme willingly.
- In this scheme the students get the scholarship for not paying any tuition fees for full-degree Bachelor and Master programmes.
- The quota scheme also works for the students doing exchange studies.
- This scheme is based on the alliance agreements between two countries for education purposes, and the number of quotas may vary based on each country.
- The candidate is asked to check all detailed info about the quotas on the official website of the Russian embassy in a specific country.
- The candidate then should collect all important documents required and apply through the embassy.
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University also participates in the Erasmus+ programme so:-
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University has an academic mobility agreement with several other European universities like University of Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland, University of Bergen, Norway, Bologna University, Italy, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland, Vilnius University, Lithuania, University of Deusto, Spain, Lille University, France, KU Leuven, Belgium.
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University has like 150 international partner universities and many more.
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University also allows International students for exchange studies for one or two semesters.
- International and foreign students don’t need to pay tuition fees for who exchange students from partner universities.
Student’s life in Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University:-
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University offers and gives all the basic facilities to International and foreign students on the university campus like:
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University gives a large library on the university campus which is certainly the centre of scientific information. It has been developed from the classical university collection of books to the modern research and educational units with about 50 years of history.
- The students also have free entry to several e-data bases like IOP Historic Archive, Oxford Online Reference, Cambridge Journals Digital Archive Complete Collection, etc.
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University provides a sports club where all the foreign and international students can take part in a large number of sports that include sports like basketball, swimming, Athletics, Ice Hockey, Wrestling, Volleyball, Boat racing, etc.
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University here delivers 24×7 wifi connections in the whole campus area, which the students can use the internet facility anything, anytime for study or fun purposes.
- The University also offers 7 dormitories at a very walkable distance from the university campus. So, distance is never a problem for the students.
- The University also has a campus canteen where always healthy and fresh food is available. And Indian students can also get Indian food on-campus canteen.
- There is a total of 27 Research laboratories at Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University campus which are used for the motive of acquiring practical skills of students.
Accreditation and Recognition of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal university:-
Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University has accreditation and recognition of different medical bodies that are listed below:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Ministry State Health and Education Russian Federation