Crimea Federal University, formerly known as the Crimea Medical Institute, has a rich history dating back to the early 20th century. Originally established in 1918 as the medical faculty of Taurida University, it became an autonomous unit in 1931 and was later renamed the Crimea Medical Institute. In 1995, it was renamed again in honor of Sergey Ivanovich Georgievsky, who served as the institute’s rector from 1951 to 1970.
In 1998, the institution achieved university status with the highest accreditation level. Today, it is a modern educational institution that continually updates its programs to keep pace with global trends in medical education and research. The institution is dedicated to providing top-quality medical services by producing highly trained specialists.
Check Your Eligibility
To ensure the quality of education, Crimea Federal University has implemented a consecutive model of medical education, which includes a preparatory department, preparatory courses, and a medical lyceum, as well as five faculties for training doctors and a faculty of post-diploma education. The institution trains junior specialists and bachelors in specialties such as nursing, prosthetic dentistry, and pharmacy, while doctors are trained in general medicine, pediatrics, clinical pharmacy, and dentistry. The Academy also offers an internship in 22 specialties and post-diploma education programs, including a residency, master’s program, and postgraduate study or Ph.D. program.
The Academy places great emphasis on the quality of its educational process. Clinical departments are equipped with modern equipment and teaching aids, including educational films, moulages, phantoms, and diagnostic equipment. The Academy is proud of its highly qualified academic staff, which includes 106 doctors of science and professors, 524 candidates of science, and associate professors. Among the staff, 40 are academicians and corresponding members of domestic and foreign academies of sciences, while 14 have received state prizes and 60 hold honorary titles.
The institution has a diverse student body of approximately 4.7 thousand students, including 1.4 thousand foreign citizens from 40 countries around the world. Since 1999, English has been the second language of instruction, making the Academy an attractive destination for international students. In recognition of its high-quality education and cooperation with foreign countries, the University was awarded the title of laureate in the rating of Ukrainian higher schools “Sofia Kievskaya – 2004.”
For over 90 years, Crimea Federal University has been committed to training professional specialists and promoting academic excellence. This commitment has been recognized by the International Education Society, which has awarded the institution an AA ranking denoting it as a top institution that is internationally known and recognized. The institution strives to inspire its students to pursue intellectual challenges, continuous learning, and scholarly endeavors, and to achieve their full potential in their chosen field of study.
Affiliations and Recognitions of Crimea Federal University
- Medical Council of India (MCI): Crimea Federal University is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) for medical education. Indian students who complete their studies at the university are eligible to practice medicine in India.
- Ministry of Health of Russian Federation: Crimea Federal University is recognized by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, which ensures that the education provided by the university meets the required standards.
- World Health Organization (WHO): The WHO approves Crimea Federal University, indicating that the education provided by the university is recognized worldwide.
- National Medical Commission (NMC): The NMC, which is the regulatory body for medical education in India, recognizes Crimea Federal University. Indian students who graduate from the university are eligible to take the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) conducted by the NMC.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) USA: Crimea Federal University is recognized by the ECFMG, which enables its graduates to apply for residency programs in the United States.
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK: The GMC recognizes Crimea Federal University, allowing its graduates to apply for registration with the GMC and practice medicine in the UK.
- Australian Medical Council (AMC): Crimea Federal University is recognized by the AMC, which ensures that its graduates meet the required standards to practice medicine in Australia.
- Medical Council of Canada (MCC): The MCC recognizes Crimea Federal University, enabling its graduates to apply for residency programs and practice medicine in Canada.
- Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ): The MCNZ recognizes Crimea Federal University, meaning that its graduates are eligible to apply for registration and practice medicine in New Zealand.
Why Study MBBS in Crimea Federal University?
- Well-organized student exchange programs and partnerships with reputed medical universities and institutions in Europe and other parts of the world
- A diverse student community including a significant number of Indian students, providing a holistic cultural experience
- Practical clinical exposure for students at government hospitals located within Simferopol city
- Availability of Indian food restaurants and eateries in the city, offering familiar cuisine to foreign students
- Opportunities for students to participate in research programs under the supervision of senior professors and teachers during the MBBS course
- Low fees and an easy admission process
- English as the medium of teaching, with no requirement to learn any other language.
Crimea Federal University Overview
The Crimean Federal University was founded in 1918 as a government institution in Crimea. The university offers medical programs that are recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
To be eligible for admission, students must have at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The course duration for the medical program is six years. Additionally, students are required to pass the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission.
The medium of teaching at the university is English, so students do not need to provide IELTS or TOEFL scores. The university is accredited by the Russian Government and the Ministry of Health and Education.
In terms of ranking, the Crimean Federal University is ranked 19th in the country and 3512th in the world.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Crimea Federal University
There are several advantages of pursuing an MBBS degree at the Crimean Federal University. Some of them are:
- Job Opportunities: After completing their MBBS, students have the chance to work in various European countries. This expands their horizons and helps them gain valuable international experience.
- Holistic Development: The university offers students all the facilities they need to develop holistically and realise their ambitions. This includes access to world-class infrastructure, libraries, and sports facilities.
- Modern Technologies: The university is equipped with the latest modern technologies and practices, which helps students to compete at the global level. They learn the latest techniques and procedures, which prepare them for a successful career in medicine.
- Research Opportunities: Students have opportunities to interact with scientists who are developing the COVID-19 vaccine. This helps to develop a curiosity about research and encourages students to pursue their own research interests.
- High-Quality Education: The university provides a high-quality education in medicine, which is recognised worldwide. The curriculum is designed to meet international standards and prepares students for medical practice in any part of the world.
- Affordability: Studying at Crimean Federal University is more affordable than studying in other countries. The tuition fees are lower, and the cost of living is also reasonable.
- Multicultural Environment: The university has a multicultural environment, which provides students with the opportunity to interact with people from different countries and cultures. This broadens their perspective and helps them develop a global outlook.
- Job Security: The demand for doctors is high all over the world, and pursuing an MBBS degree at Crimean Federal University ensures that students have job security after completing their studies.
Duration of MBBS in Crimea Federal University for Indian Students
- MBBS course in the Crimean Federal University lasts for 6 years.
- During the first 5 years, students receive classroom training.
- The remaining 1 year is mandatory for internship.
- Internship provides clinical exposure and practical knowledge.
Faculties at Crimea Federal University
Crimean Federal University offers various faculties for students to choose from. Here are the details of each faculty in brief:
- General Medicine: The faculty of general medicine is one of the most popular faculties at the Crimean Federal University. It is a six-year program that is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to become competent medical professionals. The program is aimed at developing medical professionals who can provide quality healthcare services to the community.
- Pharmacy: The faculty of pharmacy at the Crimean Federal University offers a five-year program that focuses on the study of drugs and medicines. The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to become competent pharmacists. The program covers a wide range of subjects including pharmacology, toxicology, and pharmaceutical technology.
- Paediatrics: The faculty of paediatrics at the Crimean Federal University offers a five-year program that focuses on the study of child health and diseases. The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to become competent paediatricians. The program covers a wide range of subjects including child development, paediatric diseases, and child psychology.
- Dentistry: The faculty of dentistry at the Crimean Federal University offers a five-year program that focuses on the study of dental health and diseases. The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to become competent dentists. The program covers a wide range of subjects including dental anatomy, dental materials, and dental surgery.
Fee Structure for MBBS in Crimea Federal University for Indian Students
The fees for the Crimea Federal University during the academic year 2023-2024 are outlined as follows:
- First year: Approximately 250,000 Rubles for tuition
- Second to fifth year: 300,000 Rubles per year for tuition
- Hostel fees vary from 18,000 to 60,000 Rubles per year, depending on the hostel.
Global Ranking of Crimea Federal University
According to the latest ranking for 2023-2024, Crimean Federal University is ranked 19th in the country and 3512th in the world.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Crimea Federal University
To pursue MBBS from Crimean Federal University, certain eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled. These are the key factors to take into account;
- Academic Qualification: The minimum requirement to study MBBS in Crimean Federal University is a score of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology aggregate in the senior secondary examination.
- NEET Score: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is mandatory to pursue MBBS in Russia, including Crimean Federal University. The minimum qualifying score in NEET is 50th percentile for general category and 40th percentile for reserved category candidates.
- English Language Proficiency: A good understanding of English is essential for pursuing MBBS in Crimean Federal University. Students must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking in English.
- Age Limit: The age limit to apply for MBBS in Crimean Federal University is between 17 to 25 years. However, there may be some relaxations for reserved category candidates.
- Other Requirements: Students must also possess a valid passport, medical certificate, and a completed visa application to study in Russia.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Crimea Federal University
The Crimean Federal University admission process is a multi-step procedure that requires applicants to complete several stages before they are accepted into the university. The following points describe the different steps involved in the admission process:
- Online Application: The first step of the admission process requires applicants to fill out an online application form available on the Crimean Federal University website portal. The application form must be filled out accurately and completely to be considered for admission.
- Invitation Letter: Once the application form is submitted, eligible students will receive an invitation letter from the university. This letter confirms the student’s acceptance and provides information about the next steps in the process.
- Visa Application: After receiving the invitation letter, students can apply for their student visa. This requires submitting documentation and undergoing an interview with the embassy. The visa process can take some time, so it is important to start the application process early.
- Arrival Assistance: Once the visa is granted, students need to inform the university or their representative of their date of arrival. The representative will assist them in reaching the university and completing any necessary formalities.
Documents Required for MBBS in Crimea Federal University
The admission process for MBBS in Crimean Federal University requires a set of documents to be submitted for the application to be considered. The following documents are mandatory:
- Copy of Passport: The applicant needs to submit a copy of their passport for identification purposes.
- 10th Mark Sheet: The mark sheet of the 10th standard or equivalent examination is required to verify the academic qualifications of the candidate.
- 12th Mark Sheet: The 12th standard mark sheet or equivalent is necessary to check the eligibility of the candidate for the MBBS program.
- Invitation Letter: The applicant must have an invitation letter from Crimean Federal University to proceed with the admission process.
- NEET Report Card: The NEET scorecard is mandatory to evaluate the academic performance of the candidate and their eligibility for the MBBS program.
- Application Form Receipt: The receipt of the application form submitted to Crimean Federal University should be provided for verification.
- Birth Certificate: A birth certificate is required to confirm the age of the applicant.
- Medical Certificate: A medical certificate is necessary to confirm that the applicant is fit to pursue the MBBS program.
- Passport Size Photographs: The applicant should submit passport size photographs for identification purposes.
Hostel and Accommodation Facilities Available in Crimea Federal University
- Hostel Rooms: The university has several hostels that offer different types of rooms, including single rooms, double rooms, and shared rooms. The rooms are spacious, well-ventilated, and furnished with essential amenities such as a bed, study table, chair, and wardrobe. Each room has a Wi-Fi connection, which allows students to access the internet at all times.
- Hostel Amenities: The hostels have various amenities such as a common kitchen, where students can prepare their meals, a laundry room, and an ironing board. The university provides bed linen and towels to the students, and there is a housekeeping service that maintains the cleanliness of the hostels.
- Hostel Security: The university takes the safety and security of its students seriously, and therefore, the hostels are equipped with security cameras, fire alarms, and emergency exits. The hostels have a 24/7 security team that patrols the premises to ensure that students are safe at all times.
- Hostel Fees: The hostel fees vary depending on the type of room and the duration of stay. The fees are inclusive of all amenities such as electricity, water, and internet. The university also offers discounts to students who pay their fees in advance or those who have excellent academic records.
- Off-Campus Accommodation: Apart from the hostels, the university also provides off-campus accommodation options such as apartments and private rooms. These accommodations are located close to the university, and students can access them easily. The university helps students find suitable off-campus accommodation by providing them with information on the available options.
- Homestays: The university also offers homestay options, where students can live with local families. Homestays provide students with an opportunity to immerse themselves in the local culture and learn the language. The university carefully selects the host families to ensure that they provide a safe and comfortable environment for the students.
Cost of Living in Crimea Federal University
- The expenses associated with food can fluctuate from Rs. 150 to Rs. 300, contingent upon your food choices and location. Your dietary limitations and preferred cuisine may also play a role. If you choose to dine at a high-end restaurant, it may cost more than preparing your meals at home.
- Transportation costs: Transportation costs can range from Rs. 70 to Rs. 150, depending on the mode of transport and distance. Buses and trains tend to be more affordable than taxis and private cars. Additionally, longer distances may require more expensive transportation options.
- House rent: The cost of renting a house can vary widely depending on the location, size, and amenities of the accommodation. Generally, expect to pay between Rs. 6000 to Rs. 10000 per month. Closer proximity to campus or popular areas may be more expensive, while farther away may be more affordable.
- Other living expenses: This category includes utilities, clothing, and entertainment. These costs can vary widely depending on individual preferences and lifestyle choices. For example, if you require air conditioning, heating or hot water, you may have to factor in extra costs. Additionally, if you enjoy going to the movies, shopping or going out with friends, you should allocate more funds for entertainment.
Why Study MBBS in Russia for Indian Students?
Russia offers world-class education to its students. The university has a highly qualified faculty that comprises experienced professors, doctors, and scientists. The faculty uses modern teaching methods and advanced technology to deliver the best education to students.
The MBBS degree offered by Russia is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI). This means that Indian students who graduate from the university are eligible to practice medicine in India after clearing the MCI screening test.
Low tuition fees
The tuition fees at Crimea Federal University are low compared to other universities in Europe and America. This makes it an affordable option for Indian students who want to study medicine abroad.
Affordable cost of living
The cost of living in Russia is lower than many other European countries. This means that Indian students can live comfortably while studying at Crimea Federal University without breaking the bank.
Russia is located in a safe and peaceful environment. The university has a campus security system that ensures the safety of students at all times.
Russia has a diverse student population, with students from various countries studying at the university. This provides Indian students with an opportunity to interact with students from different cultural backgrounds and learn about different cultures.
English medium of instruction
The MBBS program at Russia is taught in English. This makes it easier for Indian students to understand the coursework and interact with the faculty and other students.
Crimea Federal University has tie-ups with various hospitals in Russia and other countries. This provides students with internship opportunities, where they can gain practical experience in a clinical setting.
The university has modern infrastructure, including state-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms, and libraries. This provides students with access to the latest technology and equipment, which is essential for their education and research.
Russia has a warm and sunny climate, with mild winters and hot summers. This makes it an ideal location for Indian students, who are used to a similar climate in India.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
- Affordable Fees: The cost of studying MBBS in Russia is much more affordable compared to other countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia. The tuition fees are much lower, and the living expenses are also relatively low. This makes it an ideal destination for Indian students who want to pursue medicine without breaking the bank.
- World-Class Education: Russia offers world-class education in the field of medicine. The curriculum is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter, and the teaching methodology is modern and effective.
- State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: Russia has state-of-the-art infrastructure that includes modern classrooms, laboratories, and libraries. The university has invested heavily in its infrastructure to provide students with a comfortable and conducive learning environment.
- International Recognition: The degree awarded by Russia is recognized globally, including by the Medical Council of India. Indian students who graduate from the university can return to India and practice medicine without any hindrance.
- English as the Medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction at Russia is English. This is a huge advantage for Indian students who are already fluent in the language. They do not have to learn a new language to study medicine, which can be an added burden.
- Multicultural Environment: Russia is a multicultural institution with students from different parts of the world. Indian students get to interact with students from other countries, which broadens their horizons and exposes them to different cultures and perspectives.
- Clinical Training: Russia provides its students with extensive clinical training. Students get to work in modern hospitals and clinics, where they get hands-on experience in dealing with real patients. This is a crucial part of their education, as it prepares them for their future careers in medicine.
- Safety and Security: Russia is a safe and secure institution. The university takes the safety of its students seriously and has implemented measures to ensure their well-being.
- Indian Food: The university has a canteen that serves Indian food. This is a huge advantage for Indian students who are used to the Indian cuisine. They do not have to worry about adjusting to a new diet, which can be a big challenge for some students.
- Cultural Festivals: Russia celebrates various cultural festivals throughout the year. Indian students get to celebrate Indian festivals like Diwali and Holi with their fellow students. This helps them feel more at home and less homesick.
What is the eligibility criteria for Indian students to study MBBS at Crimea Federal University?
Indian students need to have a minimum of 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their 12th grade or equivalent. They also need to have a valid NEET scorecard to be eligible to apply for MBBS at Crimea Federal University.
Is the degree awarded by Crimea Federal University recognized by MCI and WHO?
Yes, the degree awarded by Crimea Federal University is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO). This means that Indian students who graduate from the university can practice medicine in India and other countries around the world.
What is the duration of the MBBS course at Crimea Federal University?
The MBBS course at Crimea Federal University has a duration of 6 years. The first five years include classroom teaching and clinical rotations, and the final year is dedicated to an internship program.
Is the medium of instruction English?
Yes, the medium of instruction for the MBBS course at Crimea Federal University is English. However, students are also required to learn Russian as it is the local language and is necessary for communication with patients during clinical rotations.
What is the fee structure for MBBS at Crimea Federal University?
The fee structure for MBBS at Crimea Federal University varies depending on the year of study. The first year fee is higher than the subsequent years. The approximate fee for the first year is around $8,000, and for the subsequent years, it is around $6,000 per year.
Are scholarships available for Indian students at Crimea Federal University?
Yes, scholarships are available for Indian students at Crimea Federal University. The scholarships are awarded based on academic performance, and they can cover up to 100% of the tuition fee.
Is there any entrance exam for admission to the MBBS course at Crimea Federal University?
No, there is no entrance exam for admission to the MBBS course at Crimea Federal University. The admission is based on the NEET scorecard, and students need to apply through a designated admission agency.
What is the living cost for Indian students in Crimea?
The living cost for Indian students in Crimea is relatively affordable. It includes accommodation, food, transportation, and other expenses. The approximate living cost is around $200-$300 per month.
Is it safe for Indian students to study in Crimea Federal University?
Yes, it is safe for Indian students to study at Crimea Federal University. The university provides a safe and secure environment for international students. The city of Simferopol, where the university is located, is also considered to be safe.
What is the climate like in Crimea?
The climate in Crimea is mild and humid. The summers are warm and dry, with temperatures ranging from 20°C to 30°C, while the winters are mild, with temperatures ranging from 0°C to 10°C. The region experiences rainfall throughout the year, with the highest amount of rainfall in November and December.
What is the class size and student-faculty ratio at Crimea Federal University?
The class size at Crimea Federal University is relatively small, with around 20-30 students in each class. This allows for a more personalized learning experience and better interaction with professors. The student-faculty ratio is also low, with one professor for every 10-15 students.
What are the accommodation options for Indian students at Crimea Federal University?
Crimea Federal University provides on-campus accommodation for international students. The university has well-furnished hostels with all necessary amenities like a common kitchen, laundry facilities, and Wi-Fi. The hostel fee is around $500-$800 per year.
Are there any Indian students already studying at Crimea Federal University?
Yes, there are already many Indian students studying at Crimea Federal University. In fact, the university is becoming increasingly popular among Indian students due to its affordable fee structure and recognized degree.
What are the job prospects for Indian students after completing MBBS at Crimea Federal University?
Indian students who graduate from Crimea Federal University with an MBBS degree can practice medicine in India after clearing the MCI screening test. They can also choose to practice medicine in other countries around the world. The degree is recognized by the WHO, which means that graduates can apply for jobs in other countries as well.
What is the admission process for Indian students at Crimea Federal University?
The admission process for Indian students at Crimea Federal University involves the following steps:
- Submit an online application to a designated admission agency
- Provide all necessary documents like academic transcripts, NEET scorecard, and passport copy
- Pay the application fee
- Wait for the admission agency to confirm the acceptance of the application
- Apply for a student visa
- Travel to Crimea and complete the admission process at the university