Chechen State University, located in Grozny, Chechnya, Russia, is a well-known and established educational and technological institution in the region. Founded in 1938 as Grozny University, it underwent major development in the 1970s and 1980s and has since been a prominent center for scientific discoveries.
During the Chechen war, the university buildings were heavily damaged, but reconstruction began soon after the war ended, and classes resumed in April 2000. A new sports complex was also built as part of the reconstruction efforts.
The university is home to the North Caucasian center of pedagogics and runs its education programs through ten faculties and four institutions. The city of Grozny itself is known for its mosque, the Grozny Sea, and the National Museum of Chechen Republic, among other notable attractions.
Saidev Zaurbek Aslanbekovich currently serves as the rector of the university, which has over 800 instructors dedicated to ensuring that its more than 14,000 students receive quality education. Notably, the majority of these students are studying in medical courses, reflecting the university’s prestige and reputation.
Russia’s good relations with many nations also make it a popular destination for international students, with more expected to enroll in the coming years. Overall, Chechen State University stands out as a leading institution in the region, dedicated to providing high-quality education and advancing scientific discoveries.
Check Your Eligibility
Affiliations and Recognitions of Chechen State University
Chechen State University is a well-respected institution in Russia that provides exceptional medical education. The university has gained recognition and affiliations from various organizations worldwide, making it an excellent choice for students who want to pursue their medical education in Russia. Here are some of the affiliations and recognition of Chechen State University:
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Chechen State University is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), which is the governing body for medical education in India. This recognition allows Indian students who graduate from the university to practice medicine in India.
- Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation
Chechen State University is recognized by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. This recognition ensures that the education provided by the university meets the required standards set by the ministry.
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Chechen State University is approved by the World Health Organization (WHO), which means that the education provided by the university is recognized globally.
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
Chechen State University is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC), which is the regulatory body for medical education in India. Indian students who graduate from the university are eligible to take the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) conducted by the NMC.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) USA
Chechen State University is recognized by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) in the USA. This recognition allows the university’s graduates to apply for residency programs in the United States.
- General Medical Council (GMC) UK
Chechen State University is recognized by the General Medical Council (GMC) in the UK. This recognition means that the university’s graduates are eligible to apply for registration with the GMC and practice medicine in the UK.
- Australian Medical Council (AMC)
Chechen State University is recognized by the Australian Medical Council (AMC), which ensures that the university’s graduates meet the required standards to practice medicine in Australia.
- Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
Chechen State University is recognized by the Medical Council of Canada (MCC), which allows its graduates to apply for residency programs and practice medicine in Canada.
- Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
Chechen State University is recognized by the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ), which means that the university’s graduates are eligible to apply for registration and practice medicine in New Zealand.
Why Study MBBS in Chechen State University?
Chechen State University is a well-known and respected Russian university that welcomes about 1000 foreign students each year to study a variety of fields. Among these fields is MBBS, or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, which the university is particularly known for. Here are some reasons why you might consider studying MBBS at Chechen State University:
- High-tech facilities: Chechen State University has all the advanced technologies and resources necessary for MBBS studies. This includes modern equipment and facilities that allow for hands-on training in the medical field.
- No specific percentage required: Unlike many universities, Chechen State University does not require a specific percentage for admission to the MBBS program. All you need is a 10+2 examination certificate.
- Variety of fields: In addition to MBBS, Chechen State University offers a wide range of courses and fields for students to choose from. This includes fields such as zoology, cardiology, dentistry, and more.
- English and Russian communication: The medium of communication and teaching at Chechen State University is both English and Russian. This makes it easier for foreign students to study and communicate with professors and fellow students.
- Recognized by WHO and NMC: Chechen State University’s MBBS program is recognized by both the World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Medical Commission (NMC). This means that graduates of the program are eligible to practice medicine in many countries around the world.
- Practical training period: Chechen State University’s MBBS program includes a practical training period. This allows students to gain hands-on experience in a real-world medical setting, preparing them for their future careers.
- World-famous Russian medical studies: Russian medical studies are well-known and respected around the world. By studying MBBS at Chechen State University, you will be gaining access to this world-class education.
Chechen State University Overview
Chechen State University is a government university established in 1938. The university is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), which makes it a reliable and credible institution for medical education.
The eligibility criteria for admission to the university requires a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the qualifying examination. In addition, applicants must obtain qualifying marks in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). However, IELTS/TOEFL scores are not required for admission to the university.
The course duration for the medical program offered by the university is six years. The curriculum is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in various aspects of medicine. The medium of teaching for the medical program is English, which makes it an ideal choice for international students seeking to study medicine in a non-native country.
Duration of MBBS in Chechen State University for Indian Students
- MBBS in Chechen State University is a 6-year full-time course.
- It includes 1 year of internship.
- The course provides professional training under highly skilled professors and doctors.
Fee Structure of MBBS in Chechen State University
The Chechen State University’s MBBS program fee structure for 2023-2024 has been announced, with an approximate tuition fee of $5000 per year.
Faculties in Chechen State University
Chechen State University is a renowned higher education institution in Russia that offers a wide range of faculties for students to choose from. Each faculty is designed to provide students with specialized knowledge and skills to excel in their respective fields. Here are the faculties at Chechen State University:
- Faculty of Medicine: The faculty of medicine is one of the oldest and most prestigious faculties at Chechen State University. The faculty offers a comprehensive program that covers all aspects of medicine, including anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, and surgery. Students are also trained in clinical skills and have access to modern medical equipment and facilities.
- Faculty of Dentistry: The faculty of dentistry offers a four-year program that prepares students for a career in dentistry. The program covers all aspects of oral health, including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and dental surgery. Students are also trained in practical skills, such as dental hygiene, restoration, and orthodontics.
- Faculty of Pharmacy: The faculty of pharmacy offers a program that prepares students to become licensed pharmacists. The program covers all aspects of drug development, manufacturing, distribution, and management. Students are also trained in drug interactions, side effects, and patient counseling.
- Faculty of Computer Science: The faculty of computer science offers a program that covers all aspects of computer science, including programming, data structures, algorithms, and software engineering. Students are also trained in the latest technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and cybersecurity.
- Finance and Sciences Institute: The finance and sciences institute offers programs in finance, economics, and management. Students are trained in financial analysis, risk management, and investment strategies. The institute also offers programs in environmental science and technology.
- Faculty of Law: The faculty of law offers a program that covers all aspects of law, including civil law, criminal law, and international law. Students are also trained in legal research, writing, and advocacy. The faculty also offers programs in legal studies, criminology, and human rights.
- Faculty of Information Technology: The faculty of information technology offers programs in information technology, information systems, and digital media. Students are trained in the latest technologies, such as cloud computing, big data, and internet of things. The faculty also offers programs in game development and animation.
- Faculty of Math and Computer Technology: The faculty of math and computer technology offers programs in mathematics, computer science, and statistics. Students are trained in advanced mathematics, algorithms, and mathematical modeling. The faculty also offers programs in data science and computational physics.
- Agro-technological Institute: The agro-technological institute offers programs in agriculture, horticulture, and animal husbandry. Students are trained in modern farming techniques, food processing, and agricultural economics. The institute also offers programs in environmental science and biotechnology.
- Faculty of Biology and Chemistry: The faculty of biology and chemistry offers programs in biology, biochemistry, and chemistry. Students are trained in molecular biology, genetics, and organic chemistry. The faculty also offers programs in environmental science and biotechnology.
- Faculty of Geography and Geoecology: The faculty of geography and geoecology offers programs in geography, geology, and environmental science. Students are trained in physical geography, cartography, and geospatial analysis. The faculty also offers programs in environmental management and natural resources.
- Faculty of Philology: The faculty of philology offers programs in linguistics, literature, and translation. Students are trained in language structure, literary theory, and translation methods. The faculty also offers programs in cultural studies and comparative literature.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Chechen State University
Chechen State University is one of the renowned universities in Russia that offers various undergraduate and graduate programs in different fields, including medicine, engineering, humanities, etc. If you’re planning to pursue an MBBS course at Chechen State University, you must fulfill certain eligibility criteria.
- Age Requirement: To be eligible for the MBBS program, the candidate should be at least 17 years of age.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have completed their senior secondary school certificate, also known as higher secondary school certificate or 12th grade, from a recognized board or institution. However, there is no specific requirement for a minimum score in the qualifying examination.
- Subject Requirements: The MBBS program is a medical course, and hence, the candidates must have studied biology, chemistry, and physics at the senior secondary level.
- Additional Requirements for PG Courses: If you’re planning to pursue post-graduation or clinical residency courses in any medical field at Chechen State University, you must submit copies of your MBBS/MD/BDS degree.
- Requirements for IT and Computer Courses: For undergraduate programs in IT and computer courses, the students must have studied mathematics and physics until the 12th grade.
- Requirements for Economics, Arts, and Other Courses: If you’re planning to pursue undergraduate programs in economics, arts, or any other field, only your school transfer certificate is required with any percentage of marks and subjects.
- Requirements for PhD/Doctorate Degrees: If you’re planning to pursue a PhD or doctorate degree at Chechen State University, you must submit transcripts of your bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in the related field.
- Requirements for Master’s in Public Health and Other Related Courses: For master’s programs in public health and other related fields, you must submit only your high school certificate and a 4-year bachelor’s degree’s transcript.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Chechen State University
Chechen State University is a prestigious educational institution located in the city of Grozny, Chechnya, Russia where students from all over the world aspire to study in this university due to its excellent academic reputation and diverse range of courses. If you are interested in studying in Chechen State University, here are the steps you need to follow to get admission:
- Filling of the online application form of the university: The first step to get admission in Chechen State University is to fill the online application form available on their official website. The application form requires the candidates to fill in their personal details, educational qualifications, and course preferences.
- Submission of valid documents: Once the application form is submitted, candidates need to submit the required documents within the given time frame. The documents include academic transcripts, passport copies, and language proficiency certificates. The university may also ask for additional documents, depending on the course applied for.
- Receiving the invitation letter and payment of tuition fee: After the documents are verified, the university sends an invitation letter to the candidate within approximately two weeks. This letter confirms the candidate’s admission to the university. Along with the invitation letter, the university also sends a fee structure for the chosen course. Candidates need to pay the tuition fee as per the fee structure mentioned in the invitation letter.
- Applying for the visa: After the fee receipt and invitation letter, candidates can apply for a visa to study in Russia. The visa application process can take up to a month, so it is advisable to apply well in advance. The visa application process requires candidates to submit their passport, visa application form, invitation letter, and other relevant documents. Once the visa is issued, candidates can make travel arrangements to reach Russia and start their academic journey in Chechen State University.
Document Required for MBBS in Chechen State University
Chechen State University is a prestigious university located in the Chechen Republic of Russia. If you are an international student interested in applying for admission to this university, you must have certain documents.
- International and valid passport: The first and foremost document required for admission to Chechen State University is an international and valid passport. The passport must be valid for the duration of your studies in the university.
- Senior secondary school certificate: You must also provide your senior secondary school certificate. This is the certificate you receive after completing your high school studies. The certificate must be recognized by the Ministry of Education in your country.
- Preparatory department certificate: If you have only completed grade 10 and do not have a senior secondary school certificate, you can still apply for admission. In this case, you will first need to attend the preparatory department at the university and complete the course.
- NEET score and certificate: If you are applying for admission to the medical faculty, you must also provide your NEET score and certificate. There is no specific score required, but you must have passed the exam.
- Medical health certificate: You must also provide a medical health certificate, which includes a COVID-19 report and an HIV-negative report.
- Passport size photographs: Current passport size photographs are also required. The photographs must be recent, clear, and of good quality.
Syllabus of MBBS in Chechen State University
The Chechen State University’s MBBS program is a comprehensive twelve-semester program that covers a wide range of subjects in basic sciences, clinical practice, and specialized areas of healthcare. Indian students are specifically targeted for this program, which provides a robust curriculum and a strong foundation in medical education.
The first semester of the program focuses on medical chemistry, fundamentals of psychology, histology, and bioorganic chemistry. The second semester covers cytology, embryology, human anatomy, and elective courses. The third semester includes histology, physiology, human anatomy, biochemistry, and microbiology. These initial semesters are crucial for students to understand the foundational concepts in medicine.
The fourth semester introduces emergency medicine, patient care, and embryology. The fifth and sixth semesters revisit previous subjects such as medical chemistry, fundamentals of psychology, histology, and bioorganic chemistry, along with more in-depth studies of cytology, embryology, human anatomy, and elective courses. This repetition is essential for students to solidify their understanding of these crucial topics.
The seventh and eighth semesters include histology, microbiology, emergency medicine, patient care, embryology, and physiology. These semesters are more specialized and provide students with a deeper understanding of medical practices and procedures. The ninth semester exposes students to medical genetics, social medicine, obstetrics, and clinical immunology, all of which are vital areas in healthcare.
The eleventh and twelfth semesters cover general practice and elective courses, which allow students to explore areas of interest outside of the core curriculum. The program is designed to prepare students for further specialization in their medical careers and provide them with a well-rounded perspective on healthcare.
The MBBS program at Chechen State University is structured to provide a thorough and comprehensive education to its students. The curriculum is designed to impart knowledge and skills that are essential for a successful medical career. The program’s elective courses and specialized areas of study make it possible for students to pursue their interests and deepen their knowledge in specific fields.
Hostel and Accommodation Available in Chechen State University
Chechen State University provides accommodation facilities for its students within the hostel premises. Here are some key points about the hostel and accommodation options:
- Room Options: Students can choose between shared or single rooms based on their preference.
- Separate Hostels: There are separate hostels for girls and boys to ensure privacy and safety.
- Facilities: The hostel provides a range of facilities to the students including 14 sports complexes, a swimming pool, common rooms, libraries, dining areas, TVs and internet facilities on a shared basis.
- Outside Accommodation: In case the hostel is full or unavailable, students can opt for PGs outside.
- Gym and Laundry: There are also gym and laundry rooms available for the convenience of students.
- Nurturing Environment: The hostel provides a friendly and nurturing environment to students from diverse backgrounds, making them feel at home.
- Water Supply: There is a 24-hour supply of both hot and cold water for the students.
- CCTV Surveillance: The hostel is under active CCTV surveillance to ensure the safety of the students.
- Common Kitchen: The hostel also has a common kitchen available for students who prefer to cook their own meals.
Why MBBS in Russia for Indian Students?
MBBS, which stands for Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, is a popular course among students who aspire to become doctors. Russia has become a preferred destination for studying MBBS because of various reasons. In this article, we will discuss why MBBS in Russia is a good choice for students.
- Economical Support: Russian universities provide various economical support to deserving students locally and internationally. Scholarships, fee waivers, and grants are available for students who perform well in academics.
- World-Class Education: Russia provides world-class education at low rates compared to western countries. Students can save a lot of money by studying in Russia without compromising on the quality of education.
- Recognition of Courses: The courses offered at the 57 medical institutes of Russia are all recognized by leading and known medical councils like WHO and MCI. Students who graduate from these institutes can practice medicine anywhere in the world.
- No Minimum Percentage Required: Unlike in India, there is no minimum percentage of marks required to study MBBS in Russia. Students who have cleared their 12th standard exams can apply for admission.
- Best Placement and Recognition: Russian universities guarantee the best placement and recognition globally. Students who graduate from these universities are highly respected in the medical field.
- Established Doctors: Russia has produced worldwide qualified doctors like Dr. Nikolay Pirogov. The country has a rich history of medical education and has been producing top-notch doctors for centuries.
- No Donation or Admission Fee: In Russia, there is no donation or admission fee required. Students can get admission based on their merit and performance in the entrance exams.
- Low Cost: The cost of studying MBBS privately in India is way too high. In Russia, the cost of living and education is much lower compared to India.
- Pleasing Climatic Conditions: Russia has pleasing climatic conditions that attract students from around the world. The country experiences all four seasons and has a moderate climate.
- Facilities for Indian Students: Indian students get all the facilities in Russia, including the kind of food they have in India. The country has a large population of Indian students, and universities cater to their needs.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Chechen State University
MBBS is one of the most sought-after medical courses in the world. Many Indian students opt to study MBBS abroad due to limited seats in Indian medical colleges and the high fees charged by private medical colleges. Russia has emerged as a popular destination for Indian students who wish to pursue their MBBS degree abroad. Here are some of the benefits of studying MBBS in Russia for Indian students:
- Recognition: The universities offering MBBS in Russia are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. This recognition ensures that the degrees obtained from these universities are accepted globally.
- Fee structure: The fee structure for MBBS in Russia is significantly lower compared to Indian medical colleges and other countries offering similar courses. This makes it an affordable option for Indian students who cannot afford to pay high fees.
- Placement opportunities: Russian universities provide vast placement opportunities for students who complete their MBBS degree. They can work in Russia or return to India and work in the healthcare industry.
- Adaptable environment: Russian universities offer an adaptable environment for international students. They provide language support and cultural training, making it easier for Indian students to adjust to a new country.
- Specialized training: Chechen State University, in particular, provides specialized training to around 1000 international students every year, including Indian students.
- Modern facilities: Russian universities have state-of-the-art facilities, including libraries, science museums, zoological gardens, and highly modernized laboratories. This ensures that students have access to the latest technology and resources to enhance their learning experience.
- State support: The Russian government supports its universities, ensuring that they have adequate funding to provide quality education to students.
- Living costs: The cost of living in Russia is relatively low compared to other countries offering MBBS courses, making it an affordable option for Indian students.
- Scholarships: Many scholarships are available to international students, including Indian students, who wish to pursue their MBBS degree in Russia. These scholarships provide financial assistance to deserving students who cannot afford to pay for their education.
Chechen State University is one of the leading medical universities in Russia, and Indian students often consider it as a viable option for pursuing their MBBS degree. However, before making a final decision, students usually have various questions in their minds. Here are some frequently asked questions about MBBS in Chechen State University for Indian students.
What is the eligibility criteria for Indian students to apply for MBBS in Chechen State University?
Indian students who wish to apply for MBBS in Chechen State University must have completed their higher secondary education with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in physics, chemistry, and biology. Additionally, they must have qualified the NEET exam with the minimum required score.
What is the admission process for Indian students at Chechen State University?
Indian students can apply for MBBS at Chechen State University through an online application process. Once the application is submitted, the university will conduct an entrance exam, and the selected candidates will be called for an interview. The final admission is based on the candidate’s performance in the interview.
Is the course taught in English or Russian?
The MBBS course at Chechen State University is taught in the English language, which is beneficial for international students. However, students are also given the option to learn the Russian language, which can be helpful for their clinical practice and communication with local patients.
What is the duration of the MBBS course at Chechen State University?
The MBBS course at Chechen State University has a duration of six years, including five years of classroom learning and one year of clinical internship.
What is the cost of studying MBBS at Chechen State University for Indian students?
The cost of studying MBBS at Chechen State University is comparatively lower than other medical universities in Europe or America. Indian students can expect to pay around 3000 to 4000 USD per year, which includes tuition fees, accommodation, and other living expenses
Are Indian students allowed to work while studying MBBS at Chechen State University?
International students, including Indian students, are not allowed to work while studying in Russia. However, they can work during their summer break if they obtain a work permit.
What are the accommodation options for Indian students at Chechen State University?
Chechen State University provides on-campus accommodation facilities to international students. Students can choose from various options such as hostels or apartments, which are equipped with all necessary facilities. The accommodation cost is also included in the overall fee structure.
What are the career prospects after completing MBBS from Chechen State University?
Indian students who complete their MBBS degree from Chechen State University can pursue a career as a doctor in India or other countries. They can also appear for the MCI screening test and practice medicine in India after completing the required formalities.
Is it safe for Indian students to study MBBS in Chechen State University?
Chechen State University is a safe place for international students, including Indian students. The university has a multicultural environment, and the university administration takes several measures to ensure the safety and security of all students.
What are the documents required for Indian students to apply for MBBS in Chechen State University?
Indian students who wish to apply for MBBS in Chechen State University must have the following documents:
- Higher Secondary Education Certificate
- NEET Scorecard
- Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
Does Chechen State University provide any scholarship programs for Indian students?
Yes, Chechen State University provides scholarship programs for international students, including Indian students. The scholarship program is based on the student’s academic performance and financial need. Students can apply for the scholarship after completing their first year of study.
What is the teaching methodology at Chechen State University?
The teaching methodology at Chechen State University is student-centered and emphasizes practical learning. The university has modern labs, clinical training facilities, and experienced faculty members who provide hands-on training to students.
What are the extracurricular activities available for Indian students at Chechen State University?
Chechen State University provides various extracurricular activities for students, including sports, cultural events, and student clubs. Students can participate in these activities to enhance their personal and social skills.
What is the medical infrastructure available at Chechen State University?
Chechen State University has modern medical infrastructure and facilities, including hospitals, clinics, and laboratories. The university also has tie-ups with several hospitals and clinics, where students can gain practical experience.
What is the climate like in Chechen Republic, Russia?
The climate in Chechen Republic is continental, with cold winters and warm summers. Indian students may find it challenging to adjust to the climate initially, but with proper clothing and precautions, they can adapt to the climate.
What are the visa requirements for Indian students to study MBBS at Chechen State University?
Indian students must have a valid student visa to study MBBS at Chechen State University. The visa process usually takes 4-6 weeks, and students must provide all necessary documents, including an acceptance letter from the university, passport, and other supporting documents.
What is the level of Indian student representation at Chechen State University?
Chechen State University has a significant number of Indian students studying MBBS. Indian students have formed their community and cultural groups, which organize various events and activities for Indian students.
Can Indian students avail of medical insurance while studying at Chechen State University?
Yes, international students are required to have medical insurance while studying at Chechen State University. The university provides medical insurance to international students, which covers the cost of medical treatment in case of any illness or injury.
What are the travel options available for Indian students to reach Chechen State University?
Indian students can reach Chechen State University by air or train. The nearest airport to the university is the Grozny Airport, which is well-connected to major cities in Russia and other countries. The university also has a railway station, which is connected to major cities in Russia.
Can Indian students pursue higher education after completing MBBS from Chechen State University?
Yes, Indian students can pursue higher education after completing their MBBS degree from Chechen State University. They can pursue a postgraduate degree in medicine or other related fields in India or other countries.